Midfield dilemma

I'd be surprised if Carlos doesn't start with a team resembling this in the playoffs:

....................Westwood

Hunt......Lees.....Loovens.....Pudil

Wallace....Lee....Hutchinson...Bannan

.............Hooper....Forestieri

(Injuries and suspensions permitting)

I'd be gob smacked if he went for that line up.  I'd stick with the team that played on Saturday.

I'd be surprised if Carlos doesn't start with a team resembling this in the playoffs:

Playing Bannan out of position, and Hooper and Fernando in a formation that doesn't work for either of them? I hope not.

And Hutch has to be behind Lopez in the queue surely?

Strange how Lewis Mcgugan not even in the picture yet would have been all of our first name on team sheet in August. I think Wallace will be on bench but wonder if Carlos will turn to Mathias ahead of Wallace if we are chasing a game? Think both may start against Wolves so will be interesting to compare.

Can't see Lopez being dropped, but other than that I'd be surprised if this isn't his preferred line up. Our best side for me.

Little harsh on Joao perhaps but he'll be on the bench if it needs changing.

Strange how Lewis Mcgugan not even in the picture yet would have been all of our first name on team sheet in August. I think Wallace will be on bench but wonder if Carlos will turn to Mathias ahead of Wallace if we are chasing a game? Think both may start against Wolves so will be interesting to compare.

If Wallace starts v Wolves we get docked points, so I hope you are wrong.

Guest wilyfox

Playing Bannan out of position, and Hooper and Fernando in a formation that doesn't work for either of them? I hope not.

And Hutch has to be behind Lopez in the queue surely?

Bannan out of position...where he's played most of the season ya mean?!

Can't see Lopez being dropped, but other than that I'd be surprised if this isn't his preferred line up. Our best side for me.

Little harsh on Joao perhaps but he'll be on the bench if it needs changing.

The first leg of playoff semi finals are usually tight cagey affairs. For that reason, I doubt Carlos will start 3 strikers with FF on the left. Hutch is also the better defender in the middle out of him and Lopez. Carlos will want to remain solid and try to make sure we're still in with a chance for the second leg. Would not be at all surprised if it's 0-0 after the first 90mins, or no more than one goal separating the two teams.

Is it just me or is the opening statement about bannan on the right not working a load of crap.

Yesterday I witnessed one of the most fluid midfield performances in years. Bannan, ff , Lopez and Lee when in possession all interchange and cardiff couldn't handle it. When out of possession they kept the shape. If they all play that way in the playoffs then the opponents will be bricking it.

This, how can anyone want to change the side that just DEMOLISHED 7th place in style!

that was the best performance with and without the ball i can remember and bannan looks like he does a similar job to wallace on the right, but is far better without the ball.

Same side for play offs with lopez to come off for mcceady, wallace or matias if a goal needed imo

Guest wilyfox

This, how can anyone want to change the side that just DEMOLISHED 7th place in style!

Because it'll be a completely different game, and against a team much stronger than Cardiff. Cardiff went into the game off the back of 1 win in 5. Whoever we play in the finals will be far more challenging.

The first leg of playoff semi finals are usually tight cagey affairs. For that reason, I doubt Carlos will start 3 strikers with FF on the left. Hutch is also the better defender in the middle out of him and Lopez. Carlos will want to remain solid and try to make sure we're still in with a chance for the second leg. Would not be at all surprised if it's 0-0 after the first 90mins, or no more than one goal separating the two teams.

Take a goal lead into the away leg and I'd be confident of progressing.

Guest wilyfox

It's a good thing we have the fresh legs of Wallace and Hutch to call upon in midfield for the playoffs.

Take a goal lead into the away leg and I'd be confident of progressing.

So would the opposition. Edited by wilyfox

It's a good thing we have the fresh legs of Wallace and Hutch to call upon in midfield for the playoffs.

So would the opposition.

we've proved a tough nut to crack away to the top sides without winning.

If we're leading I'd be confident we'd get the draw to progress.

No way on this earth should Lopez be dropped for Hutchinson

Guest wilyfox

we've proved a tough nut to crack away to the top sides without winning.

If we're leading I'd be confident we'd get the draw to progress.

I hope so.

No way on this earth should Lopez be dropped for Hutchinson

Many wanted to ship him back to Spain. Now he's undroppable. lol

The team will probably change over the two legs, but Carlos will want stay in it to begin with. We may find that Hutch starts and Lopez finishes. We'll see...no doubt this conversation will be had many times between now and then.

The team will probably change over the two legs, but Carlos will want stay in it to begin with. We may find that Hutch starts and Lopez finishes. We'll see...no doubt this conversation will be had many times between now and then.

My initial feelings are Lopez at home, Hutch away... but I suppose the person who starts in the away leg may well depend on the result from the home game  :ph34r:

Either way, I trust in Carlos to pick the best team that gives us the best chance of winning over the 180 minutes. 

Guest wilyfox

Many also rated him from the start and saw the potential for him to be brilliant for us. Either way, it's amazing how quickly a player in top form can cement himself in a team, eh?

Yes, you could see his technical ability in passages of play - but Lee, Bannan, and Hutchinson were also in the team on merit. Now Carlos has some interesting decisions to make.