Assault on our physio?

When tempers fly on the pitch, things happen and what would happen in the street that would get you or I arrested, is largely ignored to be dealt with by the ref.  

Whilst yesterday, it was dealt with by the ref by a yellow card, it seemed overly aggressive to me. - was it one of our physio's who was pushed to the ground by one of their players wanting to get him out of the way to take a throw in?  It wasn't just a single push, it was a couple of pushes, possibly a punch?

I was opposite side of ground, anyone closer see what happened?

Edited by salmonbones

When tempers fly on the pitch, things happen and what would happen in the street that would get you or I arrested, is largely ignored to be dealt with by the ref.

Whilst yesterday, it was dealt with by the ref by a yellow card, it seemed overly aggressive to me. - was it one of our physio's who was pushed to the ground by one of their players wanting to get him out of the way to take a throw in? It wasn't just a single push, it was a couple of pushes, possibly a punch?

Physio knocked the ball away, player gave him a slight shove. Nothing really in it

Fair enough - I was stand opposite, 10 rows back and not quite opposite It was about 10 metres to my right.   Looked worse, probably the noise of the crowd affected my thought process.   Nothing to see here, please move along!

Edited by salmonbones

Like a lot of things, sometimes you see the aftermath and you make assumptions.   To be fair, it did look like he travelled some distance so the assumption is he's took a bit of a whack or push.    Surely it was worse than Di Canio on Alcock?

Edited by salmonbones

Whilst yesterday, it was dealt with by the ref by a yellow card, it seemed overly aggressive to me. - was it one of our physio's who was pushed to the ground by one of their players wanting to get him out of the way to take a throw in?  It wasn't just a single push, it was a couple of pushes, possibly a punch?

He didnt go to ground like Alcock did all those years ago. 

Guest wilyfox

I had a clear view. Best part was when Megson stepped in and knocked their player out. Not sure about his headband though. Bad fashion statement.

Physio was on the wind up looking to delay a restart. Player reacted and got a booking.

Physio can't be booked, but will be mentioned in the ref's report. Letter will be sent to the club about future conduct.

All in all quite funny.

UTO :biggrin:

Exactly,  no need for booking or any action by ref.  I am pleased to see our physio action though..  We would normally have picked the ball up, and handed it over politely saying "Good luck old man".  We've always been too nice.  If we (staff, ballboys, crowd, GK etc) can waste a few seconds when we're winning we should do so.   Small margins.   "Nice guys are a dime a dozen, you know what a dime is worth" (Loudon wainwright 111).

Physio knocked the ball away, player gave him a slight shove. Nothing really in it

physio was near the ball, their player put hands on the back of physios shoulders...then the physio kicked the ball away and their player shoved physio in the back. physio turns round and smiles at their player.

looked to me like their player putting his hands on the physio caused him to kick the ball away. still, absolutely nothing in it.

physio was near the ball, their player put hands on the back of physios shoulders...then the physio kicked the ball away and their player shoved physio in the back. physio turns round and smiles at their player.

looked to me like their player putting his hands on the physio caused him to kick the ball away. still, absolutely nothing in it.

I agree.

Our physio might have actually kicked the ball against the hoardings first - but so it rebounded rather kicking away. Their player got the *** on. A booking fair - and a nice wind up from our physio.