Unfortunate, but we have our fair share of morons.

Basically a bunch of cowards who wouldn't have aclue if ever needed to show the sort of bravery that people like Jake have to demonstrate every single day.

Best wishes to you Jake...!

Guest Billy1959

Report this incident to SWFC , I hope someone will check CCTV, I appeal to the fans someone will know the Morons come forward with any information . Name and shame then lifetime ban from the stadium I truly feel for Jake you are better than them.

Edited by Billy1959

Without antagonising anybody you say he was abused can I ask what actually happened? Was it drunken idiots banter? Was it uncalled for comments about him being in a wheelchair? Don't misinterpret why I ask as there is no defence for any kind of bullying but I'm not going to act outraged as some have until I know the situation. If you don't want to share the full details but feel wronged then I'd suggest reporting it to the club before bringing the situation on Owlstalk. I only say this as it could effect the reaction you get.

Contacting the club is in hand, but is ultimately down to Jake as to where he goes with it, his dad is going to discuss it with him today. The club have been terrific with him so far, met the players a few weeks back, presented the MOM award etc. so I'm confident that steps could be taken.

Drunken idiots "banter", verbal abuse, physical abuse are pretty much the same in my book in this day and age and are of course totally unacceptable ...... but the details of the incidents I'm not prepared to discuss until Jake and/or his dad decide what to do and/or consent to airing it publicly.

The purpose of the thread was merely to give the chance to decent folk to offer support to a deeply troubled lad and show that the vast majority of people are just that...decent.

Contacting the club is in hand, but is ultimately down to Jake as to where he goes with it, his dad is going to discuss it with him today. The club have been terrific with him so far, met the players a few weeks back, presented the MOM award etc. so I'm confident that steps could be taken.

Drunken idiots "banter", verbal abuse, physical abuse are pretty much the same in my book in this day and age and are of course totally unacceptable ...... but the details of the incidents I'm not prepared to discuss until Jake and/or his dad decide what to do and/or consent to airing it publicly.

The purpose of the thread was merely to give the chance to decent folk to offer support to a deeply troubled lad and show that the vast majority of people are just that...decent.

Thanks for the response lesbarbeux I am of course in complete agreement with you. My best wishes to Jake no one should feel uncomfortable at the football in any sense. I hope you get the resolution you deserve. Sometimes just explaining the way things make you feel to the perpetrators makes a big difference i know this isn't always possible. In that respect whatever was said or whatever actions carried out i hope the club identifies them and works with you to educate them.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way but without knowing what happened it is hard to comment. Notwithstanding that, we are all equal and nobody deserves any type of abuse in any form and furthermore I wish Wednesdayites would show total respect to any other Wednesdayite. Sadly there are still people about who don't seem to show other people respect or think they are better than someone else when clearly they are not

My nephews son is now in a wheelchair and suffered abuse at the hands of some idiots at the match yesterday, merely because of him being wheelchair bound.

Absolutely disgraceful. Words fail me.

Sorry to hear about this. Certain sections of society are anti social bullies and, sadly it will always be the case. It can only be met with zero tolerance and via him having an inner strength to get through his adversity. I'm sure his family and friends will help with this.

You have to keep strong and ignore the ignorant.

My sincere best wishes to him.

My nephews son is now in a wheelchair and suffered abuse at the hands of some idiots at the match yesterday, merely because of him being wheelchair bound.

You may remember before Christmas, an accident in town when he and his girlfriend were run over by a bus. His girlfriend sadly lost her life and he suffered multiple injuries.

Jake is bravely battling on and trying to get a life back together but it is understandably difficult and not made any easier by scum like the ones encountered yesterday. Bravely, he just shrugged it off and treated the barstewards with contempt.

If it were possible, I would hope that these pratts could be named and shamed...we can live in hope.

To try and turn this into a positive, it would be terrific if he could receive messages of support.... Owlstalk at its best if you like.

Sadly your right mate, we too have our element of brain dead scumbags 

I remember the tragic accident your are talking about as my daughter knew your nephews girlfriend .

I hope he keeps his chin up and makes the best recovery he can  . And tell him not to let the scumbags put him off going to watch the games. 

What I find more disgusting is that people who saw this didn't give the morons a slap

Probably a good job I didn't see this happening or I'd be banned for the playoffs

Your lad will be fine pal he's better than they are.

Sorry mate but don't agree

My sister was very ill as a teenager. Chemo meant that she needed to wear a wig. Some clever c... from the village thought it was funny to take the p... as we were driving past. I stopped the car. He wouldn't apologize. I got into a lot of trouble that day.

Jake - keep yer chin up. ignore the f......s totally. lots of nice people around as well as the di..heads

Hi Jake as your Uncle Trev (long standing school mate).will confirm I have had to battle some of the more subtle forms of disability prejudice all my life. From partaking in school sporting events and landing my apprenticeship right through to some more aggressive forms of bullying. One thing I can tell you is you will always find that the ratio of support will always vastly outweigh the discrimination and abuse. To ignore it is to invite it, so my advice to you is to do what you can to bring the bigots to book.

Do what you have to Jake but don't let this sorry event put you off attending Hillsborough. 

It's a disgrace Jake...I hope these people are found and made to do some worthwhile community service then banned from the ground.

Where were the police BTW?

its a real shame to hear what the OP has to say, but I can't say im surprised. I've seen some sights, like old guys unsure of themselves and unsteady on their feet being griefed on the concourse for not moving quick enough.

You must feel class after intimidating an OAP...

If this is the incident we saw, they are in the north stand, row 5. Just at the top of the disabled ramp. Hes got a shaved head and shes got black hair. Dont know about him but she certailny looked pissed and was giving the lads carer a right gob full, jabbing her finger at him.

The supervisor steward was dealing with it so nobody else got involved. Surprising when the supervisor walked away and left them standing there though.

I've been on ground tour a couple of times and the steward taking it told us there are cameras everywhere so I'd be surprised if club can't help locate them. Wud be interested which end of stand it happened as me and hubby sit near the wheelchair ramp and we thought majority of fans round us where season ticket holders so shudder be easier to find out who they are

OP, apologies to you and your Nephews son for this at the hands (voices) of so called human beings. Doesn't matter to me if they are supporters of our proud club, another club, or passers by in the street. There is no place for this in society, take into account what the poor guy has already gone through makes me feel sick to the stomach.

Jake you have shown  more bravery than these cowards ever will, and are now and always will be more of a man than any of them, all the very best for the future mate.