Unfortunate, but we have our fair share of morons.

Don't know what's gone off obviously but nothing but contempt for the mindless morons.

Jake, keep your head held high. You've suffered more than any man should already. Don't let the bástards grind you down, they are beneath you and inconsequential. Their sad pathetic actions aren't indicative of society as a whole though. They are a minority within a minority. The dregs of society. We should probably pity them, but they aren't worth our pity.

Hi Lesbarbeux 

First of all its extremely saddening that we have any form of bullying in society especially to somebody in a wheel chair and on a occasion such as deciding match that was mostly and exciting day that we have waited a long time to come . its worse that the way i am reading this it could have come from other supporters in our club ! 

I would like to ask you to let us know was it fellow Wednesday supporters who did this? or Cardiff supporters?

Was it inside or directly outside of the ground? 

Do you know why it happened ?

I know its easy to become a target and by reporting this to the club i would hope some sort of an apology will be made from the people involved from which ever club the fans are from

maybe Jake naturally took the situation as just brush it off and move on and maybe as i am only thinking from what i have read Jake showing dignity will have helped to make the people involved 

feel ashamed and embarrassed for there behaviour 

I know peoples reaction would be that of violence and emotions could really run high , but this would have dragged Jakes emotions into the situation further , he by what i am reading on here

was an adult and dignified to treat it for what it was !

Jake is what i would call a true ambassador for our club somebody in the face of provocation did not wish to have violence given or even engage 

with anything but a dignified response to some extremely low morale people 

I think the people involved should have an option to be banned from football are made to apologise and listen about jakes life over the last 12 months and what a struggle it must be to 

adapt to a new direction in this life.

Well done Jake your Wednesday through and through and as a fellow supporter i am sorry for your situation yesterday and brilliant to read you reacted to the situation by being a MAN !! 

Jake 1 Bullies 0 

Jake  - you can see by these replies that the majority of decent folk understand. Every club has it's share of idiots like these and we should all step up to the plate and sort them out. Hope you get to the playoffs. Enjoy mate.

Don't allow these people any room in your thoughts, don't acknowledge them, they don't exist on a human level...as a parent I'd feel proud of Jake, as a parent I'd feel disgusted if my son or daughter behaved as stupidly as those morons...don't let them inside your head...just think play offs and UTO, young fella

Every club has an element of scum and we are no different unfortunately. It's less than 1% but that's no excuse and no consolation to your nephew. If they can be identified and banned by the club it would be a start.

Jake, you are a million times more welcome at our club than any scum who get a chubby by abusing people who are less fortunate than themselves. Good people will always support you. Take this up Wednesday - name and shame then we can really say WAWAW

Edited by glynnb

Jake you'll always have the last laugh that you aren't anywhere near as unfortunate as the people giving you that abuse, feel sorry for them mate because they are nowhere near you as human beings... they are too low. I hope that you enjoyed your day apart from that I really do. All the best WAWAW

Words just fail me at the insensitivity of some people. Walk a mile in Jake's shoes and they won't be thinking the same.

I know what it is like to lose someone close. It is just devastating, believe me. My life is upside down at the moment but I had time to say goodbye, and I'm not in wheelchair recovering from serious injuries either, so God only knows where Jake finds the strength and courage to carry on.

A little "brightness" like being able to get out, and go and watch the team you love mean so much.

Jake - I don't know you but your courage warms me my friend. Stay strong, keep smiling and surround yourself with positive people. Much respect.

Heard about the December accident through a friend that works with Jakes dad.

Sickening to hear that a young lad who has been through so much could get abuse following the club he supports. sometimes it seems we arnt all Wednesday :(

Edited by Shrewsburyowl

Words just fail me at the insensitivity of some people. Walk a mile in Jake's shoes and they won't be thinking the same.

I know what it is like to lose someone close. It is just devastating, believe me. My life is upside down at the moment but I had time to say goodbye, and I'm not in wheelchair recovering from serious injuries either, so God only knows where Jake finds the strength and courage to carry on.

A little "brightness" like being able to get out, and go and watch the team you love mean so much.

Jake - I don't know you but your courage warms me my friend. Stay strong, keep smiling and surround yourself with positive people. Much respect.

Have to admit..... I totally welled up on reading that.

Without antagonising anybody you say he was abused can I ask what actually happened? Was it drunken idiots banter? Was it uncalled for comments about him being in a wheelchair? Don't misinterpret why I ask as there is no defence for any kind of bullying but I'm not going to act outraged as some have until I know the situation. If you don't want to share the full details but feel wronged then I'd suggest reporting it to the club before bringing the situation on Owlstalk. I only say this as it could effect the reaction you get.