Police cordon

I have no idea whether they can police it properly or not but it is irrelevant to yesterday.

Yesterday was all about perception, media and getting through it with no issues which they did

You mean covering their arses 

The barrier is purely a money saving exercise for us.

We have to pay for any Police who are on areas owned or controlled by the club, but off those areas we dont pay.

No barriers, and the Police insist on lots of officers around the leppings lane stand and we have an increased bill from the Old Bill.

Have Barriers and there isnt.

It'd be interesting to see what the costs were for policing the Cardiff game. Police drafted in from all over the country on a bank holiday weekend.

We've played Liverpool a few times since the disaster - anyone remember how this was handled/dealt with?

Guest mkowl

The first years of Liverpool playing at Hillsborough I don't remember any major issues.

The antagonism appeared to start post the Jimmy McGovern docudrama mid to late 90's

The first years of Liverpool playing at Hillsborough I don't remember any major issues.

The antagonism appeared to start post the Jimmy McGovern docudrama mid to late 90's

Wow... you were there in early 1900's?   I first saw Liverpool at Hillsboro in 1959.  We won 1-0 to give us promotion to the top division.  That's the sort of incident I like.

Which tells you they arnt fit to police then if they cant handle a full house. They have another full house to deal with in 12 days time.

If they are too worried by a big crowd to police it sensibly , then they should be disbanded and replaced by a force that can handle big crowds ,and dont close a quarter of the stadium due to being scared of what the media will say .

SYP arnt fit for purpose ,and the club and fans are suffering as a result of their incompetence.

Genuine question. How do you disband a police force and replace it. Surely it will still be the same police, but just re branded

Their following consisted of some young kids chanting at the top of the west stand; probably trying to put the cameraman off - they ended up messing around singing 'we've had a shot on goal'

for the next 10  rows was cardfiff's oap and supporters club members.

It reminded me of a Reading or Charlton following.

The police know all the cardiff lads; and looking at the above turn out, no one came up, which the south wales police will have known about.

The whole situation; from intelligence sharing through to the SAG meeting, to the decision was a joke. 

Also, why is the top half of the last block in the north not sold?

Remember playing them on the tenth anniversary of the disaster and their fans boycotted the game that season. They might do the same if we did go up.

Good less fans there to make a loud following would help us against a team better than ours. When we get there

Good less fans there to make a loud following would help us against a team better than ours. When we get there

We beat them as well that day a young lad named Richard Creswell whom we had just signed from York city, dunno who he went on to play for lol

Can see to much of a media circus and hype descending about the game this time for there to be a boycott from them. All if's and buts for now anyways.

I have no idea whether they can police it properly or not but it is irrelevant to yesterday.

Yesterday was all about perception, media and getting through it with no issues which they did

I don't really disagree with what you say, but does it honestly make any difference.

The Jury is no longer out. As we all know Hillsborough was a death trap, unfit for purpose. The revisionist media, most who were probably about 10 at the time compare Hillsborough in 89, with how grounds are now. 

They sit in their leather seats in executive / press boxes at places like Old Trafford, Man City, Yeah, Liverpool etc and compare the relative grandeur nowadays with the concrete, fenced in, unfit for purpose, concrete terraced dump that was Hillsborough.

They do not seem to be able to comprehend that the reason Hillsborough was chosen for Semi's, was that it was one of a few state of the art grounds in the country. The fact that Eric Taylor was so unpopular was the common opinion that he spent money on the ground instead of players, while Man Utd, etc were spending on players.

What these 'experts' seem to fail to grasp, is that if they had been around at the time, and not in press boxes but on the terraces, they would maybe temper their comments regarding Hillsborough.

Anfield was a dump where you could either easily get crushed on the way out or like 3 mates of mine get knifed on the way back to the coaches.

Man City was a vast sweeping, neglected bowl where the local thugs would start to gradually sneak their way across to the away support, infiltrate and kick the s**t out of you.

Yet we are compared with how they are now and how we were then.

Whatever happens between now and the next few months will not alter their perception. Their perception is what they want it to be and will be tailored to match what certain vested interests want it to be.

How many more times we have to dance to their tune so 'no issues' can be used against us remains to be seen.

Whatever we do, whatever 'happens' will be used as evidence to prove that their views about Hillsborough were and are correct.

In future, let's do what we want and balls to 'the perception' that the media that have already made up their mind, may or may not have.

Oldish ... you may need to know the police have a very simple remit...

what in gods name has "perception, media and getting through it" got to do

with it ... I suppose you are an erstwhile fan of Max Clifford too.

Ever thought of coming out of retirement and being a spin doctor for some

deserving political party..

I don't really disagree with what you say, but does it honestly make any difference.

The Jury is no longer out. As we all know Hillsborough was a death trap, unfit for purpose. The revisionist media, most who were probably about 10 at the time compare Hillsborough in 89, with how grounds are now.

They sit in their leather seats in executive / press boxes at places like Old Trafford, Man City, Yeah, Liverpool etc and compare the relative grandeur nowadays with the concrete, fenced in, unfit for purpose, concrete terraced dump that was Hillsborough.

They do not seem to be able to comprehend that the reason Hillsborough was chosen for Semi's, was that it was one of a few state of the art grounds in the country. The fact that Eric Taylor was so unpopular was the common opinion that he spent money on the ground instead of players, while Man Utd, etc were spending on players.

What these 'experts' seem to fail to grasp, is that if they had been around at the time, and not in press boxes but on the terraces, they would maybe temper their comments regarding Hillsborough.

Anfield was a dump where you could either easily get crushed on the way out or like 3 mates of mine get knifed on the way back to the coaches.

Man City was a vast sweeping, neglected bowl where the local thugs would start to gradually sneak their way across to the away support, infiltrate and kick the s**t out of you.

Yet we are compared with how they are now and how we were then.

Whatever happens between now and the next few months will not alter their perception. Their perception is what they want it to be and will be tailored to match what certain vested interests want it to be.

How many more times we have to dance to their tune so 'no issues' can be used against us remains to be seen.

Whatever we do, whatever 'happens' will be used as evidence to prove that their views about Hillsborough were and are correct.

In future, let's do what we want and balls to 'the perception' that the media that have already made up their mind, may or may not have.

Hillsborough generally was grand and safe.

The pens on the Lep weren't. No matter what you think about the fans' behaviour outside what happened inside was because of a failure to police potentially dangerous design points properly. Design points Wednesday paid safety consultants to resolve.

96 people died. 96 football fans died - and not simply because there was rowdyism.

But it's another age. Not the responsibility of the current Wednesday nor current SYP officers generally.

Edited by rickygoo