Sign in to follow this  
Feelthepayne

Fans on Lower Lep

Dont want to start an argument like in the other fred but there were some fans on the lower lep near the scoreboard.

Just wondered if anyone knew if they were wednsday or Cardiff and how come they were allowed to sit there

Ta

Was close enough to spot that most of them had lanyards so they must have been a group doing a specific job.

Hope this helps.

They were Wednesday, one had a wednesday shirt on, and one old girl was bouncing

Yeah they all had some sort of ID. I wondered if they'd accompanied some of the disabled fans?

Edited by Surrey_Owl

wonder if they were the ones who were collecting for the charity. There was a thread on here asking people to volunteer

• Agree 1

They were the fans who bought tickets in the restricted view seats on the Kop. They were told nobody should miss out. UTO

It was the programme sellers etc... Also a lot of Cardiff coaches with earpieces who kept running to bench especially when pilkington got injured.

I was there and I am a turnstile operator. Usually they stick us in the uncovered seats in the NW corner for games like this with instructions not to stand up or cheer when we score so as not to antagonise the away support.

• Agree 3

anybody know why the top half of the last north stand block wasn't used? seems very odd

anybody know why the top half of the last north stand block wasn't used? seems very odd

A new rule, found out from the Steering Group Meeting, is that we're now not allowed to sell the full North Stand due to ''fire exit safety''. A risk that was seemingly discovered vs Arsenal, the concourses aren't spacious enough or something for a full North Stand and people can't leave quickly enough.

Opening half of the final block was a compromise sending SYP right to the edge of what they'd let us have. We dictated that we wanted the lower half rather than the upper half of the block.

Another reason why we need a new stadium?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

Or bigger concourses.

Seriously though, this sounds like health and safety gone mad.

• Agree 1

No, another reason why we need a new police force.

• Agree 2

To be fair I've see 1000s of times concrete and iron stands catching fire in stadiums up and down the country.

To me it's part of a ploy to move to a soulless bowl so many of you crave.

• Agree 2

A new rule, found out from the Steering Group Meeting, is that we're now not allowed to sell the full North Stand due to ''fire exit safety''. A risk that was seemingly discovered vs Arsenal, the concourses aren't spacious enough or something for a full North Stand and people can't leave quickly enough.

Opening half of the final block was a compromise sending SYP right to the edge of what they'd let us have. We dictated that we wanted the lower half rather than the upper half of the block.

I thought it was to do with the disaster. Walking to the match I was listening to talk sport their commentator at our match said it was 96 seats kept free as the club showing its respect to the disaster. Thought it looked more than 96, just shows I need to listen to another radio station. Edited by Stevelknievel

Btw if you haven't stood on a uncovered terrace in rain, wind and snow. Then you've never been too proper ground in this country. It makes you as a fan

Uto ftb

96 on the north? Yeah that makes sense if true lol

If it's due to the ( cough) findings of this week fair enough. But I hope every seat is open nw and Lepps lower is available to us for the play offs

I thought it was to do with the disaster. Walking to the match I was listening to talk sport their commentator at our match said it was 96 seats kept free as the club showing its respect to the disaster. Thought it looked more than 96, just shows I need to listen to another radio station.

was talking out of his backside mate. The 96 why seats are under the pukka pies ad

Or bigger concourses.

Seriously though, this sounds like health and safety gone mad.

Wasn't the north stand built when God was a lad, surely if it was a safety risk they would have realised sooner then 6 months ago. Sounds like someone trying to justify their job.