Finishing off the humble pie....

Save a bit of that humble pie for me will you, I don't want it yet cos we're just in the boundaries of where I thought we should be, but if we play another 4 games this season (win or lose the last one) I'll gladly eat a slice ...

We're getting there......

P.S. - send that Hooper back FFS....

lol

Kudos mate.

I'm home relaxed, drained and yet still buzzin'

I also hope that today puts these ridiculous 'renovate or re-locate' debates to bed.

Hillsborough was a sight to behold.

Wrong thread but to call the debates about the ground ridiculous is short sighted.

Hillsborough is expensive to maintain and has little potential for revenue.

I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention that the club hasn't been the most financially stable or viable in recent times. Unless you want to be completely dependent on wealthy businessmen forever more, this is the perfect time in history to secure the future of the club for the next 100 years. Hillsborough might have been a sight to behold today but it won't last forever.

i was as sceptical as anyone as had never heard of the bloke.

but i do wonder about those fans who tweeted him on the day he was appointed telling him he wasn't wanted and to flip off. wonder where those strokers are this evening?!

I was also one of the doubters, when he arrived I was very underwhelmed and disappointed with the way Gray had gone as I have a huge amount of respect for Stuart Gray. However Carlos quickly won me round with his infectious personality and his coaching methods. Like others have said he has played the best football we have played in years, given us the best season we have had in years, given us a serious chance of a return to the Premier League and lets not forget a wonderful night where we took Arsenal apart.

Fantastic manager is our Carlos.

I've also got huge respect for Stuart Gray, if he hadn't stepped in when he did, we would have been relegated, sent to the pub league and Mr. Chansiri might not have ever heard of us, never mind buy us and build this amazing team.

Very happy tonight and hoping you're all enjoying your evenings.

I was in the same hotel as Stuart gray earlier, syon park near Brentford. Was tempted to say hello and wish him all the best but i bottled it and was also in a rush.

Probably for the best lol

I was sceptical...others on here were sceptical..13 clubs in 14 years or whatever...Not managed in England...rotates the squad...might be gone if we lose to 'Boro...

Then proceeds to give us the best season we have in years.....the best football we have played in years...and a place that has the big time beckoning in god knows how long...

Carlos...I tip my f.ookin' hat!

Too right.

Carlos out

Can I have gravy for mi pie

Guest Deleted member

This gives me an idea for a thread. Off to put the oven on.

Is it about Nuhiu?

Hope you're going to make enough to share with Ian

Guest Fedor

Is it about Nuhiu?

Hope you're going to make enough to share with Ian

You're not convincing anyone.

Don't make me go there.

I said when we sacked jones that we needed to try something different.

The "proven" managers and the managerial merry go round wasn't working for us.

I said we should try a foreign manager who would bring fresh ideas.

Glad they took my advice.

Never thought though that Carlos would do the job of top six at first ask. Got to admit early on my confidence was tested.

We might have had money but we brought in exactly the right players.Bannan was a master stroke.

Well chuffed no matter what happens now.

Fantastic manager is our Carlos.

I've also got huge respect for Stuart Gray, if he hadn't stepped in when he did, we would have been relegated, sent to the pub league and Mr. Chansiri might not have ever heard of us, never mind buy us and build this amazing team.

Very happy tonight and hoping you're all enjoying your evenings.

Excellent point. We would be back in the abyss with the piggies, hugely in debt with little hope of moving forward. Well done Stu and MM

Too much tippy tapping and fannying about for my liking. Get the ball in the box for one of the big lads for FS.

Yeh right. The man's been a revelation . Corlos I love you. 

so the yesterday's third shouldn't count then?

a proper 'team' needs ALL avenues of attack covered, as yet we haven't...

I said when we sacked jones that we needed to try something different.

The "proven" managers and the managerial merry go round wasn't working for us.

I said we should try a foreign manager who would bring fresh ideas.

Glad they took my advice.

Never thought though that Carlos would do the job of top six at first ask. Got to admit early on my confidence was tested.

We might have had money but we brought in exactly the right players.Bannan was a master stroke.

Well chuffed no matter what happens now.

i set my stall out as qualification for the play offs was the cut off point to say cc had done the job...

if we're promoted that's an unbelievable bonus in the first season...

if not, then next term we'll have to improve again, and so will carlos...

i believe he's learnt a lot about english championship football since coming here, and it's showing...

I thought he would need a couple of transfer windows.

Thought we'd bring a few foreign players in and would need time to gell.

Pre Forestieri this looked the case.

Then we managed to get Bannan and Hooper and boom it was on.

Have admit had a rayt flounce when gray was sacked (he did do a great job with the resources). But have been proven totally wrong, cc is and was exactly what we needed to push on. Tbf supported cc from day one was nothing to do with him, just didn't want gray sacked at the time. I'm always a bit blind in support for the gaffer, very rarely want them gone.

And was extremely happy with bannan signing he has always been a good player, the Scottish zidane lol.

Wrong thread but to call the debates about the ground ridiculous is short sighted.

Hillsborough is expensive to maintain and has little potential for revenue.

I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention that the club hasn't been the most financially stable or viable in recent times. Unless you want to be completely dependent on wealthy businessmen forever more, this is the perfect time in history to secure the future of the club for the next 100 years. Hillsborough might have been a sight to behold today but it won't last forever.

Genuine question , why does it cost a lot to maintain ?

I thought the problem is because it hasn't been maintained in the past