He did give their defenders a lot to do and worked tirelessly. Looks to be losing mardy face. But I thought he was supposed to good running at goal with the ball?? Was in fact woeful at this and could have had a least a couple of goals with chances he had to run on. He is not 18.

Potential yes but really should be delivering more. He isn't going to get on the end of crosses so where are his goals going to come from??

Guest Fedor

Agree with OP. He caused them a lot of problems . They were terrified of his pace in behind. They had to drop very deep and left lots of room in midfield. Lopez seemed to pick up every loose ball in midfield. Great tactics from Carlos. If Joao could just sort his feet out quicker and be more decisive we will have some player on our hands.

Can't believe people saying he was awful.

Was not excellent but did a job and the job he did was to bully the centre halves and create space for others... and to that extent he did it perfectly. Could and perhaps should have done better in other areas of his game, but that can be rectified with coaching and time. 

There's no doubt that without him that third goal wouldn't have happened... Cardiff had decided that their only option was to sit deep and that meant that Hooper could run in behind Big Dave's flick on without much in the way of pressure against him. Didn't put in a worldie performance, but did what he had to... fair play to the kid

Thought Joao was good today, his touch was poor at times, but put himself about a lot more than usual, didn't let his head drop either. Another big positive from today's game, another player coming into form just at the right time.

Sorry what? His touch was so, so bad today. Thought he might end up costing us. I wanted him to score so badly, however it goes in, because it seemed to be confidence or nerves or something along those lines. A goal could have changed things for him.

Still like the lad but he was poor today, could of been 2 up at half time if he was playing well today.

Good effort, will be a great player when he matures as striker. Still early days for him

Not sure you understand being a "striker". You are are you aren't. If you are you are scoring regularly using whatever footballing attributes you have from a young age. Lucas is 22 I believe and all this bamboo legs stumbling and falling over does not sit well with being a goal scorer. He may become a more effective forward but I can't see him ever bring a prolific scorer.

Hooper's two finishes today showed the positional sense, technique and timing he had had done he was a lad.

Hope Lucas trains on but far from certain.

Edited by Gandalf

Sorry what? His touch was so, so bad today. Thought he might end up costing us. I wanted him to score so badly, however it goes in, because it seemed to be confidence or nerves or something along those lines. A goal could have changed things for him.

Worked his socks off today and was shattered when subbed.

He may have worked his socks off in your view but I thought he was poor, I was not shattered when he was subbed.