Looks like we'll be getting the West Lower

Id like to see the triangle roofed and joined to the west stand , then split between home and away fans , with the away fans being on the triangle side 

Be more inclined to include it with the North for the time being to make it a home fans area.

Got a horrible feeling that as a result of this mornings findings and the resulting legal consequences we may have to put up with the West staying in situ until all legal proceedings are completed. Could be a few year's yet.

Be more inclined to include it with the North for the time being to make it a home fans area.

Got a horrible feeling that as a result of this mornings findings and the resulting legal consequences we may have to put up with the West staying in situ until all legal proceedings are completed. Could be a few year's yet.

I highly doubt that we would be constrained to keep the West Stand untouched until the legal mumbo-jumbo from the inquest is over.

The entire new inquest has used models and images/videos of the west stand as it was in 1989 and not as it is now. Its not as though the fences and old turnstile configuration is still there so nothing would be gained from keeping the west stand (the Hillsborough families and rest of the footballing would would probably encourage its development).

IMO the current upper tier should be extended to pitch level so that the NWC can fully connect the two stands, and allocation can be split accordingly.

Either that or for the time being give away fans the top tier and open the Lower tier and NWC to home fans with a new cheaper cat (but no season tickets).

Actually more I think about it, more sense it makes to bring the NWC back into full use as an extension of the North Stand as soon as possible.

Improve the concourse areas behind the North as well and it should bring our total availability for Home support up to c 33.5K without causing any segregation issues whatsoever. Also would be a cheap option for the club to sort an immediate issue.

In addition, if the work is done correctly, then when eventually the West Stand is redeveloped, the NWC could be used for the visiting supporters (maybe with some temporary seating at the Lower Lepp) so as not to restrict the home support too much for what will hopefully by then be an EPL set up.

I highly doubt that we would be constrained to keep the West Stand untouched until the legal mumbo-jumbo from the inquest is over.

The entire new inquest has used models and images/videos of the west stand as it was in 1989 and not as it is now. Its not as though the fences and old turnstile configuration is still there so nothing would be gained from keeping the west stand (the Hillsborough families and rest of the footballing would would probably encourage its development).

IMO the current upper tier should be extended to pitch level so that the NWC can fully connect the two stands, and allocation can be split accordingly.

Either that or for the time being give away fans the top tier and open the Lower tier and NWC to home fans with a new cheaper cat (but no season tickets).

Hope you're right, probobarbly me just being a fanny (happens a lot when this issue is involved)!

It's 2016 the lep and NWC are over 50 years old, they need knocking down and starting over.

would be interesting to find out the cost for a refurbishment similar to the World Cup plans at 2016 prices, plus we need a new 20million training complex while we are at it,

I know we are literally light years behind Spurs probably never to reach their heights but take a look at their new 400 million stadium unbelievable it's also going to have a capacity 500 seats bigger than Arsenal which made me laugh.

I think you are on the right lines Leon. A north Stand improved with wide concourse curved taking in both triangles of the West and East corners.

Following that through it seems logical to take the structure all the way round to South West corner.

Longer term I agree. For now just do the North side and NWC and it should give us a lot more flexibility relatively cheaply.