Looks like we'll be getting the West Lower

Wow!! If that's true (and I'm not questioning you Flying Owl) it would seem the design of all the stadium has a questionable safety aspect to it.

It's widely accepted the West should be knocked down and the the kop redevelop but if we can't fill the rest due to safety concerns we really need to think about relocating in my opinion.

I brought up in the meeting that it seemed fine to open vs Arsenal but apparently that was when the problem was brought into focus.

Or something or other.

I brought up in the meeting that it seemed fine to open vs Arsenal but apparently that was when the problem was brought into focus.

Or something or other.

Ahh the old Mushroom philosophy to justify any awkward questions.

Feed them s**t and keep them in the dark.

We won't be getting the West lower.

Opening the final two blocks of the North and South was never to do with segregation, but something to do with room on the concourse for fire evacuations.

Half of the final block on the North, the top half, remains closed. So it seems the club has compromised & gone right to the edge of what can be released. 

It says on the os that a total of 1000 tickets have been made available in the end blocks of the north and south. 

the combined capacity of the two blocks is 1,066 (thank you on-line booking) meaning that at max only 6 rows on the end of the north are closed off - hardly half of the stand (which is 47 rows). We know this because all of the south end block is on sale. 

Wow!! If that's true (and I'm not questioning you Flying Owl) it would seem the design of all the stadium has a questionable safety aspect to it.

It's widely accepted the West should be knocked down and the the kop redevelop but if we can't fill the rest due to safety concerns we really need to think about relocating in my opinion.

No need to relocate - once the stands are re-developed they can be designed for adequate evacuation (e.g sticking more exits off or widening the north stand concourses. 

All in good time  :biggrin:

Edited by niallzi

It says on the os that a total of 1000 tickets have been made available in the end blocks of the north and south. 

the combined capacity of the two blocks is 1,066 (thank you on-line booking) meaning that at max only 6 rows on the end of the north are closed off - hardly half of the stand (which is 47 rows). We know this because all of the south end block is on sale. 

When I looked earlier, just as the tickets got released, it was only something like rows 20 and below available.

Can't remember the exact row it went to. Definitely was not just 6 rows closed off, can assure you of that.

When I looked earlier, just as the tickets got released, it was only something like rows 20 and below available.

Can't remember the exact row it went to. Definitely was not just 6 rows closed off, can assure you of that.

There might have been a reserve list of people who asked to sit there once it was opened, i dunno we'll have to wait till Saturday to see.  :ph34r:

Or something or other.

Well between the problem with the west stand lower which problem arose at the arsenal game but still allowed fans in for the leeds and charlton match, the missing 4000 season ticket holders per game , the inability to sell tickets in the end blocks of the stand due to fire regulations but once the stand becomes full it then becomes safe to sell tickets in these areas and the kit which chansiri wants to be on sale asap but sent the shirt back to sondico because it looked like a 3 year old kid had stitched it together with soiled bed linen, then id say these steering groups are going incredibly well at keeping the fans informed of the way we are run as a club

When I looked i'm sure they were availabilities on the same row as me (32).

The six rows would make sense as that is what is normally closed off at the front when we have the block open.

(see 

)

The front 6 rows aren't sectioned off for Cardiff. You can buy tickets for row 4 & 3 right now.

The front 6 rows were probably sectioned off for Arsenal because of segregation considering we gave them the bottom tier.

Row 32 definitely wasn't available earlier. It was from the bottom of the North, and availability probably went just about half way up. I looked before it was even announced they'd been made available and then Ecclesall Owl beat me to the punch on positing the announcement on here.

Edited by FlyingOwl

ive sat many times in the lower west when we were in premier league even against leeds and seem to remember loads of leeds supporters in lower west with us somehow game ended 3-3 with a waddle 30yarder going into top corner of net , west stand end it shut all them leeds scum up. so why cant we have lower west when its all ticket? I'm sure Cardiff wont be getting front couple rows anyways of upper west. so surely no problem why is it safe in 2011 but not now?

The front 6 rows aren't sectioned off for Cardiff. You can buy tickets for row 4 & 3 right now.

The front 6 rows were probably sectioned off for Arsenal because of segregation considering we gave them the bottom tier.

Row 32 definitely wasn't available earlier. It was from the bottom of the North, and availability probably went just about half way up. I looked before it was even announced they'd been made available and then Ecclesall Owl beat me to the punch on positing the announcement on here.

What I was saying was it would make sense that there would only be 6 rows closed off, just this time at the back. Like I say, we'll just have to wait and see....

But if that's the case then the club were most certainly telling porkies when they announced 1000 tickets had gone on sale. probably more like 800. 

Guest mkowl

The issue of segregation is as much at the back of the stand and concourses as front of house.

The only way that will be resolved is a new stand.

For those of you moaning about the attitude of syp might just want to watch today's news

Knock Kop and West Stands down and rebuild from scratch

Extend North Stand concourses as per World Cup plans

Extend South Stand concourse into suites

All that would cost a lot less than building a new stadium.

Knock Kop and West Stands down and rebuild from scratch

Extend North Stand concourses as per World Cup plans

Extend South Stand concourse into suites

All that would cost a lot less than building a new stadium.

Do the West first and do it properly so that end can hold 12,000 with proper flexible segregation built in so that it can meet the demands for away support of 2,4 or even 6k).

As soon as complete then do the Kop so that the minimum impact is felt for the home support.

Do the West first and do it properly so that end can hold 12,000 with proper flexible segregation built in so that it can meet the demands for away support of 2,4 or even 6k).

As soon as complete then do the Kop so that the minimum impact is felt for the home support.

Id like to see the triangle roofed and joined to the west stand , then split between home and away fans , with the away fans being on the triangle side