Stay off the Desso!

Guest mrbluesky

Whatever the result at full-time, hopefully a positive one.....please don't invade the pitch!

For one, we've not yet achieved anything & I remember laughing quite hard at the blunts when they had a mass celebration on the pitch for getting into the play offs....& they're still in league one.

And two, most importantly, we still have one more game on this pitch. DC spent a lot of money on it &, whilst it's been a bit ropey, it's looking much better now.

FEET OFF THE DESSO! 

I can`t quite believe people have upvoted this comment, set of gayers if you ask me!!I`ve downvoted it just to make it look less embarrassing.

:duntmatter:  

I stayed too, if only to clap the ones who deserved our applause. Mainly the defence. 

Was embarrassing though. weeing it down with rain & the stadium not even a quarter full. No music. Very bleak.

However, we whizzed home after due to no traffic.

Guest Ash76

Yes I was one of the few hundred who stayed. I stayed to make sure Stuart Gray packed his bags and fecked off

What a nice bloke you are

Ridiculous to compare what Gray did with 350k max players and Carlos is getting quality players like Bannan and Fessi.

I stayed and applauded, its respectful.

You go have your little run onto the pitch and celebrate(?) because you deserve it.  At least the Blunts will have a laugh at you, god knows they need it. 

Scoff all you like but we should have been deep in a relegation battle last season

Ask yourself this. Would DC have bought this club in February if we'd been in a relegation battle?

I thought we sacked Jones because we should have been way above the relegation zone?

SWFC makes some good points. Jones told us all that there was no point sacking him as the budget was poor and no one could come in and do any better. Whilst Jones got us up spectacularly and brought in some useful players that we still have, I think he lost belief.

Gray came in, with a lesser cv, got stuck in and created a platform for where we are today with the same players as Jones. We played some decent passing football on the road but couldn't break teams down at home (something we've struggled again with recently).

Stuart showed Dave Jones and his negativity up a bit really, in the sense that he got everyone feeling like there was some togetherness and that is half the battle. He did what Rowett is now doing at Birmingham, even last season there was a belief that we could go anywhere and get a result (and we did) and I completely agree that some of those displays and the general optimism bumped us up the pecking order of "investor ready" clubs.

All of the above was done at a time when MM was keeping us afloat and little more.

Carlos has now taken it a step further and seems a genuinely wise tactician (most of the time). Since Irvine was sacked, each manager we have had has excelled in some way.

Megson turned the ship around and restored our sense of identity at our lowest ebb. Built an effective side on an OK budget

Jones had us on an unbelievable run, promotion and then secured safety before running out of steam.

Gray motivated a largely average bunch taking into account the loss of Antonio.

Carlos now has us top six.

Each pass of the baton has moved us forward nicely and at a good pace. There aren't many clubs that have done that in the football league, perhaps only Southampton and Leicester

Guest Deleted member

Last season was the most mind numbingly boring season I have witnessed at Hillsborough, ever.

4-5-1 at home. Playing out a 0-0 most weeks hoping to nick a goal, then defending but like mad. It was only the away games that kept me sane.

I spent most of my time at home games nodding off, or dreaming about the return of Alan Irvine

Chansiris best move of the summer was replacing the manager

Last season was the most mind numbingly boring season I have witnessed at Hillsborough, ever.

Would have to agree.

Liked Gray as a bloke but at home it was as if I was watching the same match on repeat sometimes. And really the only difference between how I felt watching us under Gray and under Jones was that I did like Gray as a bloke & he endeared himself to the fans. When things turned bad on the things he was saying all the right things off it & I knew he was trying his best etc etc. I didn't get that from Jones which is why I, and many others, turned. 

Gray didn't have the tools to take us much further than he did but his negative tactics at home didn't help his cause. Felt like he could have gone for it more. Especially when we were safe!

Were right to get rid of him but I think it should have been done earlier in the closed season. That way everyone knew where they stood. Think Gray deserved a bit more honesty at the end of the season about what the future held.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Twice prior to this season in our championship seasons have we not been knee deep in relegation trouble.

Once under Laws and once under Gray.

Not pretty but very effective

I agree that Gray's football was mind numbing but I disagree that Laws' was. We played some lovely football under Laws.

Guest Deleted member

Under Steve Burtenshaw 74/75 from December 26th 74 to the end of the season Eric Potts, Brian Joicey and John Holsgrove (with one each) were our only scorers to the end of the season. That is what I call mind numbingly boring.

I was 7

I vaguely remember Dave Cusack charging up and down the pitch and that was remotely exciting. ..

As long as it's a means to an end I'd rather be boring and finish mid table than play good stuff for parts of the season only to go down like we did under laws. We played some excellent football at home but over the course the goals and confidence dried up and we couldn't keep the ball out of our net.