Contracts expiring - Transfer targets

I would expect offers to come in for the likes of Lees, FF and Bannan if we're still in the championship but I reckon each player would give it one more season before they thought about moving on.

Personally I don't expect too much of a clear out. I think Palmer will be offered a new deal but I'm expecting Lavery and sadly Semedo to go. He in particular has played a big part in our recent progress and I'll always have respect for him wherever he moves on to.

Sougou's had a mixed season but I feel CC rates him and he'll be a squad player at the very least. As for signings, of course it depends which division we're in but if we're still at this level, I think we'll go for a centre-half, a centre-mid, maybe 2 wingers and a pacy frontman. I expect us to try and sign Pudil and Sasso permanently and probably 2 or 3 of the players coming in will be loans?

Sougou's had a mixed season but I feel CC rates him and he'll be a squad player at the very least. 

Really? A mixed season??

He's been absolute tosh, and what's more he hasn't even made the bench since mid-January. You reckon our manager rates a player and will want to keep a player that hasn't been part of any squad we've put out in three months? He'll be gone, and rightly too.

Really? A mixed season??

He's been absolute tosh, and what's more he hasn't even made the bench since mid-January. You reckon our manager rates a player and will want to keep a player that hasn't been part of any squad we've put out in three months? He'll be gone, and rightly too.

Hasn't he been injured for the last month or is that absolute tosh? gary megson

Hasn't he been injured for the last month or is that absolute tosh? gary megson

That's two months still unaccounted for Mr Tosh lol 

(Genuinely didn't know he was injured, all I'm ever seeing is "Everyone's back from injury" apart from Melo who's mysteriously never mentioned)

From that list and assuming we're in the championship next season I would definitely go for Tommy Smith at Ipswich, he's the right age, height and has been an ever present for Ipswich.

Craig Noone from Cardiff, great player but I'm assuming they will offer him a new deal also.

Hoilet would be good but I also fear quite expensive and would he buy in to what we want to achieve here or just want a payday.

Elmohammedy and Huddelstone from Hull are the 2 others.

Edited by Dave DJ

That's two months still unaccounted for Mr Tosh lol

(Genuinely didn't know he was injured, all I'm ever seeing is "Everyone's back from injury" apart from Melo who's mysteriously never mentioned)

I think he tweeted that he was injured before anyone at the club or in the press mentioned it?

FWIW I think both Sougou and Matias aren't orthodox wingers they're more central forwards that play off a front man or are a part of a front 3 and I think 3 up top was the formation CC was originally intending to use but as we know he's played 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 so neither player IMO have hit the heights (granted Matias injured for most of the campaign) that they might've done because they're not suited to the system. I wouldn't be surprised if CC tweaks the system next season to get more out of certain players including Sougou and Matias?

I think he tweeted that he was injured before anyone at the club or in the press mentioned it?

FWIW I think both Sougou and Matias aren't orthodox wingers they're more central forwards that play off a front man or are a part of a front 3 and I think 3 up top was the formation CC was originally intending to use but as we know he's played 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 so neither player IMO have hit the heights (granted Matias injured for most of the campaign) that they might've done because they're not suited to the system. I wouldn't be surprised if CC tweaks the system next season to get more out of certain players including Sougou and Matias?

That's the question at the minute. 

The problem is I'm not sure we currently have a forward that can do the lead striker role well enough to risk a 4-3-3. We've kind of got a narrow 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 at the minute that seems to change dynamically and fluidly throughout the game, but as has been pointed out recently Hooper and Forestieri as the furthest two forward players just aren't able to get the goals... most likely due to lack of physicality. Joao might be able to do the lone striker role next season now he's had a year to 'bed in', and certainly Forestieri as a wide man in a 4-3-3 would probably be his 'best' position... but I'm not convinced Hooper could do it. Certainly that's why Norwich weren't overly keen on him over the last couple of years and he was second fiddle... he just didn't fit in their 4-2-3-1. Be interesting to see how things progress... there's ability and options there, it's just about getting the best out of everybody in a system that both keeps goals out and keeps banging them in

Irrespective of what happens between now and Wolverhampton, The platform has been established, to pause now would be disastrous. I'm sure DC will continue the building process expecting bigger and better during the summer. A list and a B list, some of the targets on the A list may be willing to give the Championship a shot and at the same time some of those on the B list may be able to step up to the Premiership... Exciting times.