Contracts expiring - Transfer targets

Adam Reach from Boro would be a player is go for. May not be out of contract, but would still be a target for me.

I'd also like a top class centre half to play with Lees. Loovens needs moving on. We've had our monies worth. I'd enquire about Harry Maguire.

You'd enquire as to whether McGuire knows of a decent centre back?

Think we should fork out for a mid-20s CB, possibly a couple of million. Loovens has shown that he's class yet again with our fantastic clean-sheet record this season, but he should definitely be on the bench instead of our first choice to partner Lees. Keep the club captain as a cool head on the bench, get someone of Premier League quality to partner Lees. 

You'd enquire as to whether McGuire knows of a decent centre back?

Maguire is a very decent centre half. Is trust Steve Bruce to know one. Just because he played for United doesn't automatically make him a poor player.

Think we should fork out for a mid-20s CB, possibly a couple of million. Loovens has shown that he's class yet again with our fantastic clean-sheet record this season, but he should definitely be on the bench instead of our first choice to partner Lees. Keep the club captain as a cool head on the bench, get someone of Premier League quality to partner Lees. 

Adrian Mariappa would be who I'd go for. Not really playing for Palace, very experienced in this league & the PL.

Quite quick for a centre half, can also play RB. Not the tallest though.

Failing that I still would like Danny Batth.

Robert Tesche would be goof playing alongside Lee - fit in when Hutch doesn't play.

Tommy Smith, centre back from Ipswich, only 26 and played the whole season - perfect partner for Lees.

These are if we don't go up, obviously.

Tommy Smiths a good shout.

Of course just cos he played for the pigs doesn't make him a poor player

The fact he is a poor player makes him a poor player...

With respect, I'd trust the judgement of Steve Bruce on centre halfs, over you. Maguire has played a lot of games at a decent level, and is still very young. The aforementioned paid £2.5m for him. A few rough edges but he will have a long career at Premier league level.

Maguire ain't bad, but his lack of pace would see him as very vulnerable in the Prem

All my transfer opinions at the moment are based on the assumption we're in the Championship and challenging for promotion... Tommy Smith is exactly the type of CB we'd need to partner Lees being slightly taller and having played pretty much every game that Ispwich have had in the last four years. Him and Lees is the type of consistent defensive pairing you can build a team around for the next 4/5 years as both could probably cut it at the bottom end of the Premier League

According to that website, out of contract this summer we have:

Semedo

Dawson

Wallace

Price

Lavery 

Melo

Its also saying Wildsmith and Hutchinson but I'm certain they signed new deals, and thinking about it didn't Dawson too?

Anyway of the 6 listed above I'd only keep Wallace.

With respect, I'd trust the judgement of Steve Bruce on centre halfs, over you. Maguire has played a lot of games at a decent level, and is still very young. The aforementioned paid £2.5m for him. A few rough edges but he will have a long career at Premier league level.

Of course you'd trust Bruce more than me

Has to said he's making a right pigs ear of getting probably the best squad in the division promoted though

Hey ho...