cardiff make it 2-1 in 95 min

The point I was making was if we avoid defeat v cardiff our other results become irrelevant. This is the crucial match. Cardiff have to win & no permatation including the other games would make a difference.

If we'd lost today & draw against Cardiff they couldn't catch us.

Obviously if they won all 3 they'd be above us (if we didn't win at wolves) & if we'd matched their result today it would have been over.

Not true. I know a goal swing is improbable, but it wouldn't be a mathematical certainty.

Our result v derby (other than a win) had no real impact on any outcome.

In the sense that a draw didn't finally seal our place in the play offs, you're right. But had we lost today I suspect that the mood would have been a darn sight blacker than it currently is. After today's result I would think that our chances of getting the result we need next weekend will be much more likely. My worry is the officials more than the opposition.

Bolton's interim head coach said that the red card was fair but a Cardiff player should've had a second yellow and one of their players was brought down in the box near the end of the game too. Sounds like the officials had a terrible game. Feels frustrating to me because we seem to be on the other end of the wrong decisions, quite often lately. Hope it doesn't boil down to a refereeing mistake. That said we've had more than enough chances the past few games to put teams to bed, so let's hope we grind out a point or take more of our chances to get us over the line and into the play off lottery (cup), Saturday will be a good warm up for it, if we make it.

We are told that all the bad luck and poor decisions even themselves up over the season. I am therefore confident that the following scores are worth a punt:

Owls 43 Cardiff 0

Wolves 0 (and 11 red cards) Owls 19

Brighton 0 Owls 642

Owls 63 ( 42 pens) Brighton 0 ( and 4 red cards)

Derby 0 Owls 1 ( last second penalty off both posts and the crossbar twice, the goalkeeper's left boot and the ref's right knee)

We can hear the drums Fernando !