Is George Hirst ready to play a part yet?

So difficult to call. I remember stobbs looking a real talent but then looked like a rabbit in headlights in the first team.

Betra was showing arguably better form before his injury and he didn't get a call up at that time either and we weren't even challenging for anything then. Now the pressure is on its going to be harder for the kids.

But if we think he is good enough and we have the playoffs sorted before wolves you never know

No, let him develop at his own pace. When he's ready I'm sure he will get the opportunity. My worry with him is that fans will expect to much from him too soon. Lets forget who his dad is for a second and look at the facts. He's just turned 17 years old and only been playing for the U18's and U21's for just over a year.

They is probably anothr player in the youth set up of equal standard but nobody is bothered about him getting a chance because his Dad is not famous.

My thoughts exactly, I thought they signed 4 others on pro contracts warren Clarke, matt Penney, Fraser Preston, jack lee. I could be wrong and there may be more but nobody says a thing about them because they don't have family who are club legends.

Let the boy develop, he's not exactly a regular for the u21s which proves he's a long way off first team football. He could become a very good player but there's no need to put pressure on him.

Yes there have been others who have played first team football at his age and younger giggs, Owen, Rooney but he's a million miles off that sort of quality despite scoring a good goal against Barnsley. Be realistic about it.

Truth is I wouldn't step anybody up, however there's loads of u18s stepping up into u21s so the development is taking shape.

Maybe next season we can send some of these youngsters out on loan to gain first team experience and then make a claim for our first team.

With the shape of our first team squad and budget I can't see us trying our youngsters out anytime soon.

To be fair, it's not just his surname is it? It never ceases to amaze me how smart and puerile some of the posters on here can be ....

Because unlike all the other good players in the academy, Hirst plays for England U17s and scored twice against Germany .... And was the subject of newspaper speculation saying major teams were in for him .... And we then signed him despite that competition and CC said Hirst would be around the first team in the short to medium future (if memory serves)

So I think fans are quite entitled to be excited about this lad totally regardless of his surname

not sure sending 17 year olds out on loan to the lower leagues is a good idea ....3 months living in a hotel in strange town miles from

home cant be very appealing for the lad .i dont know how physically strong he is but getting kicked to death in the 4th division isnt

going to do him much good either ......let him learn here under carlos and if he's good enough he'll get his chance .

It didn't do the likes of Beckham any harm, SAF did it fairly often with his up and coming star players.

It didn't do the likes of Beckham any harm, SAF did it fairly often with his up and coming star players.

You are comparing him with someone who was obviously exceptional at an early age who became one of the worlds best, england captain etc. If George hirst was that good then he wouldn't be with us. He would have left a couple of years ago to one of the better cat1 academy's for a substantial financial package and would probably be out on loan at a league1 club.

To be fair, it's not just his surname is it? It never ceases to amaze me how smart and puerile some of the posters on here can be ....

Because unlike all the other good players in the academy, Hirst plays for England U17s and scored twice against Germany .... And was the subject of newspaper speculation saying major teams were in for him .... And we then signed him despite that competition and CC said Hirst would be around the first team in the short to medium future (if memory serves)

So I think fans are quite entitled to be excited about this lad totally regardless of his surname

Young Hirst is where he is on merit, and definitely has something about him, hence the international recognition, and interest from a few big clubs. Also, we've given him a contract at 17. He's starting to play regularly for the U21s, although in truth, we don't actually have any strikers in the development squad. We have Betra, but he hasn't played for a couple of years, and there is no one else ( something that needs to be remedied in the summer ) George Hirst seems to be developing nicely, but we need to be careful not to rush him

I have seen him play a two or three times. Needs to bulk up a bit imo for the championship. But he is 17 he will bulk up.

The futures bright for young George no need to rush it , his time will come.

' Georgie, Georgie keep your feet on the ground' ( and stay out of the pubs lol )