Is George Hirst ready to play a part yet?

Didn't do a 16 year old any harm last week against us did it?

Watching his movement for his goal, I wish our target man did the same.

To be honest if we get another three points before the end of the season then I would give him a run. Experience wouldn't harm the lad

This

Nope

So is young Dozell better, fitter, stronger etc. etc. Surely not?????

not sure sending 17 year olds out on loan to the lower leagues is a good idea ....3 months living in a hotel in strange town miles from

home cant be very appealing for the lad .i dont know how physically strong he is but getting kicked to death in the 4th division isnt

going to do him much good either ......let him learn here under carlos and if he's good enough he'll get his chance .

I think this is a good learning curve for young players starting out instead of being thrown in to the glitz and glammer of £40k contracts and expensive cars etc - look how most of them end up

if Hirst is good enough, then he's good enough to play

Don't get this to soon attitude, if he can score goals and can stand up for himself then why not play him?

I understand what you are saying but he isn't better than Dave, Joao, hooper or fessi so what is the point in playing him? I could understand next season when the pressure is off but we must get points from the last 3 games.

Ipswich are playing for nothing now though, there was no gamble attached

If CC chucked Hirst in and he looked like a lost kid making up the numbers for his Dad's pub side, at this important stage of what could be a huge season, not sure any of us would be quite so relaxed about it,  he'd be vilified and rightly so. 

The lad will get his chance, but now isn't the time

Edited by Lee A

He's going to have to step up from the development squad at some point, but it might be too soon for him to do it now. There's going to be a lot of pressure on him from the fans to have a fantastic debut in the first team. I imagine he can't wait to play in the first team, which will only drive him to be the best player he can be, and assuming the coaching staff are more level headed than us supporters, he will be ready and fully motivated when his time comes.

By the time they're 20 and big enough they've already lost out on 2 years' experience.

2 years experience of what ?........how many 17 years old play 1st team football in the 3rd 4th division ,its a tough league and

he could go out to say morecambe or colchester and just sit on the bench watching ....far better for him to stay here develope his

skills and physical strength under carlos and then send him out on loan when he's able to cope with the demands .

Also, the development squad aren't pulling up any trees So he scores the winner against Barnsley U21's, big deal, they're league one nobodies. If he'd got a hat trick, then perhaps we might take a bit more notice. He's a young lad who's coming along nicely, making steady progress, let's not rush him

He's going to have to step up from the development squad at some point, but it might be too soon for him to do it now. There's going to be a lot of pressure on him from the fans to have a fantastic debut in the first team. I imagine he can't wait to play in the first team, which will only drive him to be the best player he can be, and assuming the coaching staff are more level headed than us supporters, he will be ready and fully motivated when his time comes.

The reason I asked was because he found so much space for his goal v Barnsley, I was amazed