Sheffield Wednesday and sorting stuff out once and for all.

seems simple enough but whats in it for the club ?.......they have run the scheme for over 20 odd years so it must be an earner for

them .

The regular diehard fans are sorted. They'll turn up anyway anytime

The ones who want to come to games but don't usually come along are soooooooo confused right now as to how much it is to come to match, how to buy a ticket, what a membership is, what benefits there are, how much it is, what the tiered pricing means etc etc etc etc

Even Wednesday fans can't give you a straight answer as to how much it is to go to a game these days

Owlstalk Shop

The regular diehard fans are sorted. They'll turn up anyway anytime

The ones who want to come to games but don't usually come along are soooooooo confused right now as to how much it is to come to match, how to buy a ticket, what a membership is, what benefits there are, how much it is, what the tiered pricing means etc etc etc etc

Even Wednesday fans can't give you a straight answer as to how much it is to go to a game these days

I look at the website to see how much it is for the match I want to go to. It's not THAT difficult.

Membership works nicely for me. I pay a not-too-expensive fee to ensure that I can get a mid-level of priority for away matches that look like selling out that I might be interested in going to.

Guest Grez Bez

PRICING OF TICKETS

Nobody wants, needs or likes the tiered pricing of football - Scrap it and go back to one simple price for going to a football match. Announce it at the start of the season and stick to it. That goes for season tickets and pay on the gate.

I dread to think how many fans have given up going to the games simply because its just too convoluted to find out how much it is to go to a game these days and to buy a ticket 

MEMBERSHIP

This has always been a ridiculous pointless exercise. Scrap it. Get rid of it. For big games where it goes on fan loyalty go on season tickets first, and number of games attended/tickets bought throughout the season for the next layer. The sales of tickets are recorded and so it's easy to sort a spreadsheet of that season's sales by the 'number of games attended' column. 

Do ticket stubs if you have to. But let's not pretend that this membership thing is needed or a good idea. Scrap it. Scrap it now.

FOOD/CATERING

In this day and age it's absolutely criminal to be served up such dredge as catering. Note I've not mentioned the pricing at all whatsoever here. I'm talking about the food and drink you can get at games and the (lack of) quality of it. It's crazy. It's 2016 ffs. Don't mess about tickling this issue. Steam in and flipping SORT IT OUT. If the caterers aren't going to start selling our fans proper quality items then it's time to simply flip them off and get someone in who can. But stop beating around the flipping bush with it. GET EM TOLD

WEDNESDAY PLAYER

Sort it out. Get it sorted. Fix it. Sort it out. Get it sorted out. Make it work. Make the company that produces it make it flipping WORK. Complain EVERY SINGLE DAY until they do. Make their lives a misery until it's sorted. Take them to court. Sue them. Whatever it takes. Just SORT IT OUT

FUN/GOAL MUSIC/PLAYER DAYS

Goal music - FORGET IT and never ever mention it again

Player days - do them every two or three years not every two or three games ffs

Singing section - get it sorted out and try it. Stop discussing it. Just get it trialled.

Any other fan organised 'fun' - make sure it's properly organised, prepared, and delivered, having gained the support and buy in from everyone from the players, chairman, fan groups, forums and Facebook groups. Just plan it, organise it, sort it and try it. Those who want to will join in on the day Those who don't won't. Neither side should whinge at the other.

REPLICA SHIRTS

Dead simple this one. Get the replica shirts for next season ON SALE IN THE MEGASTORE ON THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON so our fans can wear them on holidays and during the summer like they want to

I'm sick of us beating around the bush on these issues. I'm sick of reading stories of fans forums and steering groups that sit and discuss these issues year in year out year in year out.

Time to just sort it out

Thanks

Agree with all of that

Basic's that we aren't getting tight

Guest Grez Bez

The Singing Section and Goal Music.

You are very wrong on both these parts

Please dont tell me you want goal music?

Guest Grez Bez

I've emailed the club about catering options and they seem open to discussing to be honest.

Who did you email?

Want to share my street food north stand idea that I posted a while back in the steering group thread!