Sheffield Wednesday and sorting stuff out once and for all.

so for the a one off payment of 30 quid ,you save if you went to all the home game somewhere around 220 quid depending where you

sit .thats a better deal than the season ticket holder would get who would only be saving around 180 quid .....dont think we'd sell

many season tickets .

'

Ah - yeah

Something like that though just scaled better

Hillsborough in it's current form can't do that.

The Kop hospitality is essentiall a hatch in a wall.

I would love to see the back of the kop built up to a two level facility with bars, a balcony area maybe, shops and a Beres.  I think that would be the ideal place for a matchday experience area.  It would take some doing though.

I would love to see the back of the kop built up to a two level facility with bars, a balcony area maybe, shops and a Beres.  I think that would be the ideal place for a matchday experience area.  It would take some doing though.

what sort of shops ?.....how would a balcony that looks out over penistone road industrial estate make you "matchday experience "

any better?.....

The real reason for the membership scheme in my opinion is so we can charge away fans more for tickets.

The club is only allowed to charge fans in the away end the same price as the equivalent view in the home end (the kop). However, with membership, the home fans are actually charged £5 less. I suspect we're not the only club that does this.

I'm not saying it's right, but surely that's the main reason the membership scheme was introduced and will no doubt still be in place next season.

Didn't Arsenil fans get their tickets at the discounted rates ?

Kinda blows a hole in this theory...

what sort of shops ?.....how would a balcony that looks out over penistone road industrial estate make you "matchday experience "

any better?.....

OK, put walls on it, whatever you want pal.  It would be an area that SWFC fans could gather beforehand.  Get a stage on there, get bands on, music, big screens, kids area.  There is LOADS of space that can be used behind the Kop.  Plenty.  It just need an open mind and lots of money to get on it and push it forward.

A balcony (for example) would allow passers by to see enjoyable times happening might persuade other supporters to turn up.  More than just a football match.  It would also still allow smokers to smoke.  It would have to have high glassed walls though in case any owlstalkers are there... and stewards to stop them trying to jump if we concede a goal.

I agree Neil.

If you want to make administration of tickets etc. easier just simplify everything - create demand by having a flat rate for season tickets around the ground and start selling to new season ticket holders from the front row back or middle row forward to make the stands appear full - folk will sit where they like to - they might book early enough to get their preferred seat.  Keep the back rows for POTG.

Your season ticket is your membership and gives you priority for cup games and away games and megastore discounts - you are the club.

Have a lottery or  draw of season ticket numbers at 2.30pm for free merchandise discount/ food & drink on that day before kick off...get folk in the ground earlier.

Get free Wednesday Player with every season ticket.

Plenty of folk gassing about it - get it done.

what sort of shops ?.....

Sorry, ignored this bit until i'd thought about a decent response.

You could set up weekend stalls for existing traders.  Get different food outlets in.  Street food chef would be a good example of this.  turn up every other week and serve mexican food.  The possibilities really are endless if you're open to them.  If you'd prefer a *** on the concrete steps and rusted railing then crack on.  You're already in heaven.

Sorry, ignored this bit until i'd thought about a decent response.

You could set up weekend stalls for existing traders.  Get different food outlets in.  Street food chef would be a good example of this.  turn up every other week and serve mexican food.  The possibilities really are endless if you're open to them.  If you'd prefer a *** on the concrete steps and rusted railing then crack on.  You're already in heaven.

The catering is a joke. We need to get shut of Lindleys and start again. 

There needs to  Bere`s outlets in every stand . Quality food ,and a surefire winner with the fans 

In all honesty I included that situation, then deleted it because I have no solution that suits all

There's ZERO need for it

You've been brainwashed into something that simply isn't required whatsoever at all whatsoever

Give the benefits to season ticket holders and use ticket stubs for pay on the gate fans. Sorted.

Membership is a good idea but it shouldn't be stupid to not do it and it should also offer more of a discount.

Pay for 9 games get 3 for free, prorated for more games etc

STs 6 games free

Member ship saves you 15 quid on 9 games atm.

You don't need a membership scheme to implement that

You don't need a membership scheme at all

The good thing about membership for me is theres no messing about with tickets as they are loaded onto the membership card and for the fan who cant attend every game but is more than casual its a decent way of bridging the gap . I say keep it !!

There's no NEED for it though

Simply issue fans with fancards (eg plastic cards that you can load tickets and points onto)

Sorted

Owlstalk Shop

I agree Neil.

If you want to make administration of tickets etc. easier just simplify everything - create demand by having a flat rate for season tickets around the ground and start selling to new season ticket holders from the front row back or middle row forward to make the stands appear full - folk will sit where they like to - they might book early enough to get their preferred seat.  Keep the back rows for POTG.

Your season ticket is your membership and gives you priority for cup games and away games and megastore discounts - you are the club.

Have a lottery or  draw of season ticket numbers at 2.30pm for free merchandise discount/ food & drink on that day before kick off...get folk in the ground earlier.

Get free Wednesday Player with every season ticket.

like the flat rate ...dont like sitting low down i'd be a bit miffed if i bought a season ticket and was made to sit front row

near the corner flag ...

Plenty of folk gassing about it - get it done.

Going to a Sheffield Wednesday game right now is too confusing, too complex and too much messing about for an average punter who might be tempted to try it

Memberships, tiered pricing etc etc 

Absolutely NO NEED for it

Scrap it 

Make it simple for people to come to the games and they'll come

ps Walk up to your average bloke on the street and ask him how much it is to go to a Wednesday match. He can't answer you

Go up to a WEDNESDAY FAN on the street and ask him how much it is - HE CANNOT ANSWER YOU EITHER

That's how flipping bonkers it all is

Owlstalk Shop

Never in the life of human nature has so much crap been spoken by so few to so many.

1. The different priced games, that is, the class of game, is published at the start of the season, as is the tiering system.

Who wants to pay as much on a wet Dec. evening mid week game against MK Dons as they would for a Sat match against say Middlesborough? The prices are set before the season starts, and any variation in price will be in the form of offers which are price REDUCTIONS.

2.CATERING - The whole idea behind the Ground catering is to supply as many people as possible within a time space of 15 minutes. If you prefer a three-course meal, you must either increase the time interval of the half-time to at least an hour and a half, If you want better than this, the ground does Hospitality Packages where you can sit in comfort and eat a splendid meal before proceeding to your pre-booked seat. Having partaken of one of these, I can assure you they are excellent value.

The idea of pre-pulled pints is a no-no to most drinkers.

3.MEMBERSHIP & SEASON TICKETS,  Priority is given to people who are prepared to commit their money to the club for a range of benefits. Why shouldn't the chap who is prepared to fork out, before the season starts, be given more consideration than the chap who decides one Sat morning  -'Oh, I fancy a day out at Hillsborough this afternoon. I'll pop down and have a pie and a pint and watch part of he game'

KOP HOSPITALITY -yes, could be improved, but remember that the Kop occupies a relatively small FIXED ground area. Any major improvements would involve demolition of the existing kop, and a complete rebuild.

I will be the first to admit that Hillsborough would be bettered by some improvements, but the main factor in the

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the membership scheme works well for fans who live abroad and can only make it to a few games. Having priority access to tickets is worth the fee when buying a season ticket wouldn't make any sense, especially when booking flights and so on often has to happen before the tickets are on sale.