Sheffield Wednesday and sorting stuff out once and for all.

The real reason for the membership scheme in my opinion is so we can charge away fans more for tickets.

The club is only allowed to charge fans in the away end the same price as the equivalent view in the home end (the kop). However, with membership, the home fans are actually charged £5 less. I suspect we're not the only club that does this.

I'm not saying it's right, but surely that's the main reason the membership scheme was introduced and will no doubt still be in place next season.

The real reason for the membership scheme in my opinion is so we can charge away fans more for tickets.

The club is only allowed to charge fans in the away end the same price as the equivalent view in the home end (the kop). However, with membership, the home fans are actually charged £5 less. I suspect we're not the only club that does this.

I'm not saying it's right, but surely that's the main reason the membership scheme was introduced and will no doubt still be in place next season.

Hope he fleeced those 26 Dons fans good and proper last night.

I take your point. But I think it probably deters far more home fan irregulars over a season.

Don't be daft lad, if Tuesdays are the same price as Saturdays the old lady will remain empty, for the "bigger" games I wouldn't mind paying A BIT more, the trick should be to show all the prices for each game at the beginning of the season, that way fans will be able to know what the prices are and budget accordingly to what games they can afford / what they want to go to..

Expecting a single price (or just two) while nice is just naive..

Other clubs manage it. No reason why we can't.

On the Catering. 

England, once known for its cr@p, bland food, is seeing a massive improvement in catering standards, which cannot, as yet, push away the scrimping, overcharging, sewage-treatment, H&S obsessed in theory, filth-wallowing in practice, unhygienic, overcharging, cardboard pie-selling, overcharging, plastic drink-selling, stratospheric price-charging DORKS who have INFECTED all football stadia with their high-priced, abysmally basic, low-quality fodder since King Henry were playing footie wi' Frenchmen's heads.  Did I mention that they overcharge? 

Their shoite even makes the worst of the street food sold outside look exciting. AND it takes their UNTRAINED catering staff ALL of the HALF-TIME break to serve JUST the FIRST 10 of their average queue, each, of 30 to 40 customers, so if the half-time whistle goes and you're still in you're seat, forget it!

Their product is the (non-) edible equivalent of WEDNESDAY PLAYER'S web service - the worst of the worst.

These AR5Eholes are having a laugh at ALL the fans' expense - well, all those fans who go for a cuppa or a pie at half time.  We all KNOW their are 10-TIMES BETTER food sellers than these JOKERS.  Why can't we COMPROMISE, and go for some caterers who are just 5 TIMES BETTER??

As for WEDNESDAY PLAYER - They'll NEVER put out a UNFAILING, UNINTERRUPTED match commentary as long as they each have a hole in their respective a*s*s.

I'll bring me own flask, and get a sandwich from Lillies or Bieres.  Food & drink at the match? It's part of the game for me.  BUT NOT THAT c..p.

Edited by tonyem

I agree with most of the points.

I think priority for away/cup tickets shouldn't go with season tickets. Just a free for all. Tickets go on sale to everyone at same time. Were all equal fans that want to go. Why should one person with season ticket get priority.

Some fans prefer away games and are not putting any money into running of club if they don't go to home games.

Those who buy season tickets should have priority along with those who join membership.

We live in a very very new era of food. Many people who go to games have a taste for latte, fish tacos, burgers with 8 toppings, pizza with mascarpone and portobello mushrooms.

You go to Glastonbury, the Emirates etc etc they are on a whole nuva level.

Step yo game up SWFC

Guest mkowl

We live in a very very new era of food. Many people who go to games have a taste for latte, fish tacos, burgers with 8 toppings, pizza with mascarpone and portobello mushrooms.

You go to Glastonbury, the Emirates etc etc they are on a whole nuva level.

Step yo game up SWFC

Leeds really has changed you

The difficulty is getting the balance right between variety and choice and commerciality. However in an era of pop up bars and food places then it could be done better, without it costing a fortune in infrastructure. The reality is not everyone lives in Sheffield, if they come to the match they probably get here early (so you can park) and there isn't really a great deal around the ground to do

I swear to god, if they did coffee even up to maccy ds levels I'd go more.

I get to S6 and I get a coffee take my seat and I just want the game to start there is no romance unless it's a big game and I rock up smashed.

Even when I'm smashed, and this is a guy who will have an imrans meal 2 for breakfast happily, I still don't wanna buy any food.

It's not something I really harp on about but it's 2016 now and you can get good food anywhere, bus stations have latte and bagel nash!

Edited by Tas

the membership scheme as been running for 26 years i doubt very much that it was brought in back then to fleece the away support.it's

only in the last few years that away prices have had to be the same as the home end .

Membership is a good idea but it shouldn't be stupid to not do it and it should also offer more of a discount.

Pay for 9 games get 3 for free, prorated for more games etc

STs 6 games free

Member ship saves you 15 quid on 9 games atm.

the membership scheme as been running for 26 years i doubt very much that it was brought in back then to fleece the away support.it's

only in the last few years that away prices have had to be the same as the home end .

Sorry, I should have said the membership scheme in its current form. Previously, as far as I remember, it cost £10 and was essentially just a way to get priority access to tickets.

As others have said, what is the point of the scheme? Why not just scrap it and make tickets a bit cheaper? One very plausible reason imo is the one I've outlined above.

We used to charge away fans more than the kop as standard, until we fell foul of football league rules. Now we have a way around that. Again, I'm not saying it's right.

Membership is a good idea but it shouldn't be stupid to not do it and it should also offer more of a discount.

Pay for 9 games get 3 for free, prorated for more games etc

STs 6 games free

Member ship saves you 15 quid on 9 games atm.

so for the a one off payment of 30 quid ,you save if you went to all the home game somewhere around 220 quid depending where you

sit .thats a better deal than the season ticket holder would get who would only be saving around 180 quid .....dont think we'd sell

many season tickets .

'

When we had the cheerleaders, Chansiri would watch them, alone, in the directors box.

It was hilarious - he would just stand there and watch them with a passive dis-interest, then applaud them once they had finished.

Hopefully someone told him he didn't have to watch them.

Maybe he was "storing one in the bank".

Sorry, I should have said the membership scheme in its current form. Previously, as far as I remember, it cost £10 and was essentially just a way to get priority access to tickets.

As others have said, what is the point of the scheme? Why not just scrap it and make tickets a bit cheaper? One very plausible reason imo is the one I've outlined above.

We used to charge away fans more than the kop as standard, until we fell foul of football league rules. Now we have a way around that. Again, I'm not saying it's right.

if it ran for 20 odd years it must have made the club some money or they wouldnt have kept it on , now they can charge the visitors 5

more it must be an even better earner.....i was a member for many years when i lived down south its a useful scheme for exiled owls

with some priority on away tickets which was the main reason i used it .

Never got the obsession with food at a match.

We're not going to a banquet.

Agreed.  There's plenty on offer around the ground.  The catering at Man City wasn't a million miles away from the south stand as i remember.  I'm sure there'll be someone on here who will point out the hog roasts they were serving that i missed though.

Guest mkowl

Agreed.  There's plenty on offer around the ground.  The catering at Man City wasn't a million miles away from the south stand as i remember.  I'm sure there'll be someone on here who will point out the hog roasts they were serving that i missed though.

That is the point "around the ground" which being mercenary the club does not benefit from

The matchday experience needs to be expanded to run 12 - 6pm