Sheffield Wednesday and sorting stuff out once and for all.

i asked my mate if he wer goin last night and he said..im not payin £40..i tried to explain it wernt that..he just said flip it and drove off 😕😕

But if he'd wanted to find out the price, it wouldn't have been too difficult. I have no idea how much it is at the cinema, but if I wanted to go it would take about 10 minutes to find out

The elephant in the room with all this is that the club think they can make more money from 22,000 at these prices, over 27,000 at higher prices. The club is moving into the modern football world, whether you like it or not.

The elephant in the room with all this is that the club think they can make more money from 22,000 at these prices, over 27,000 at higher prices. The club is moving into the modern football world, whether you like it or not.

What the fans want is not want the clubs wants, here lies the problem

so whats the point in the so called steering group?? Nothin wotsoever is the answer

They're gonna want an idea of how the fans feel

but when for example attendances, fans like to have wee pipe waving competitions about attendances, Chansiri won't care about that one bit, he cares about maximising revenue.

You are right of course. The club have all the detailed takings. We can only make reasonable but ultimately uninformed estimates.

However, I do think that whilst the club are almost certainly correct in their short term calcs, they are missing the point about the long term. "Investing" in getting families and younger fans watching Wednesday now will look a great decision in five to ten years time. In contrast, over-pricing now will look a big mistake.

Even in the Prem, I think at the wrong price we are a 28000 club, and at the right price we are a 35000 club. I'm not talking £20, but sensible, consistent, attractive prices, going up gently but surely year on year.

To play Devil's advocate regarding the tiered pricing:

You can argue the prices shouldn't be higher against the bigger clubs but the flip side of that is the prices are cheaper for other games. If you can't afford the more expensive games then you might be able to afford the cheaper games. A fixed price wouldn't mean you could suddenly afford all matches. Depends if you are a POTG that goes to just the big games or waits for the cheap games.

I don't think it being confusing or too complicated is really an argument against it, anyone can check the prices beforehand on the internet or by ringing the ticket office.

If we currently had a fixed price, I think people would suggest having cheaper prices against the smaller teams to fill the stadium, a fixed price obviously wouldn't allow this.

We want to get in the premier league.

We'll spend 3 million on a player and pay high wages.

So why faff about with membership schemes and 43 quid tickets when the profit made as opposed to no membership and slightly cheaper tickets is negligible.

More bodies through the gates will be more beneficial and create a better atmosphere. Better chance of going up.

Give fans better deals now and reap the benefits the prem has to offer.

Think ten game tickets may help in this respect.

Not everyone can get to enough games due to work, to make a full season ticket an option.

You are right of course. The club have all the detailed takings. We can only make reasonable but ultimately uninformed estimates.

However, I do think that whilst the club are almost certainly correct in their short term calcs, they are missing the point about the long term. "Investing" in getting families and younger fans watching Wednesday now will look a great decision in five to ten years time. In contrast, over-pricing now will look a big mistake.

Even in the Prem, I think at the wrong price we are a 28000 club, and at the right price we are a 35000 club. I'm not talking £20, but sensible, consistent, attractive prices, going up gently but surely year on year.

Chansiri won't be here in 5 years, never mind 10. This is about making as much money as quickly as possible. That will mean getting to the Premier league ASAP, and these prices are aimed at making the whole project as cost neutral as possible. Chansiri is very similar to MM in that he knows what buttons to press with the masses. A lick of paint, scarf up in the air and perfectly timed PR statements on the website.

Both CC and MM did/have done a fantastic job and I like them both. But don't forget the real reason why they are here.

I agree with most of the points.

I think priority for away/cup tickets shouldn't go with season tickets. Just a free for all. Tickets go on sale to everyone at same time. Were all equal fans that want to go. Why should one person with season ticket get priority.

Well done you now just made the daftest comment

What really angers me isn't the fact that it's so simple to sort

It's that fans will sit and try and justify a complicated unnecessary system instead of just thinking 'how could we simplify this all and make it easier and more popular?'

Boils my blood innit

£5 is £5, Neil.

Chansiri won't be here in 5 years, never mind 10. This is about making as much money as quickly as possible. That will mean getting to the Premier league ASAP, and these prices are aimed at making the whole project as cost neutral as possible. Chansiri is very similar to MM in that he knows what buttons to press with the masses. A lick of paint, scarf up in the air and perfectly timed PR statements on the website.

Both CC and MM did/have done a fantastic job and I like them both. But don't forget the real reason why they are here.

Im slightly less cynical than you. I think/hope there is a degree of feeling and pleasure for DC and his family, but I also suspect he has a five or ten year plan.

But that doesnt bother me. We need to be realists, and understand that his interests are our interests. He wants success, and so do we, but with different motives. Same went for Milan.

PRICING OF TICKETS

Nobody wants, needs or likes the tiered pricing of football - Scrap it and go back to one simple price for going to a football match. Announce it at the start of the season and stick to it. That goes for season tickets and pay on the gate.

I dread to think how many fans have given up going to the games simply because its just too convoluted to find out how much it is to go to a game these days and to buy a ticket MEMBERSHIP

This has always been a ridiculous pointless exercise. Scrap it. Get rid of it. For big games where it goes on fan loyalty go on season tickets first, and number of games attended/tickets bought throughout the season for the next layer. The sales of tickets are recorded and so it's easy to sort a spreadsheet of that season's sales by the 'number of games attended' column. 

Do ticket stubs if you have to. But let's not pretend that this membership thing is needed or a good idea. Scrap it. Scrap it now.FOOD/CATERING

In this day and age it's absolutely criminal to be served up such dredge as catering. Note I've not mentioned the pricing at all whatsoever here. I'm talking about the food and drink you can get at games and the (lack of) quality of it. It's crazy. It's 2016 ffs. Don't mess about tickling this issue. Steam in and flipping SORT IT OUT. If the caterers aren't going to start selling our fans proper quality items then it's time to simply flip them off and get someone in who can. But stop beating around the flipping bush with it. GET EM TOLDWEDNESDAY PLAYER

Sort it out. Get it sorted. Fix it. Sort it out. Get it sorted out. Make it work. Make the company that produces it make it flipping WORK. Complain EVERY SINGLE DAY until they do. Make their lives a misery until it's sorted. Take them to court. Sue them. Whatever it takes. Just SORT IT OUTFUN/GOAL MUSIC/PLAYER DAYS

Goal music - FORGET IT and never ever mention it again

Player days - do them every two or three years not every two or three games ffs

Singing section - get it sorted out and try it. Stop discussing it. Just get it trialled.

Any other fan organised 'fun' - make sure it's properly organised, prepared, and delivered, having gained the support and buy in from everyone from the players, chairman, fan groups, forums and Facebook groups. Just plan it, organise it, sort it and try it. Those who want to will join in on the day Those who don't won't. Neither side should whinge at the other.REPLICA SHIRTS

Dead simple this one. Get the replica shirts for next season ON SALE IN THE MEGASTORE ON THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON so our fans can wear them on holidays and during the summer like they want to

I'm sick of us beating around the bush on these issues. I'm sick of reading stories of fans forums and steering groups that sit and discuss these issues year in year out year in year out.

Time to just sort it out

Thanks

Could we have a halftime game where you have to chip footballs into wheelie bins? I think it could work. Either that or a troupe of chunky-legged fat-arsed cheerleaders doing the same routine week-in week-out.

To play Devil's advocate regarding the tiered pricing:

You can argue the prices shouldn't be higher against the bigger clubs but the flip side of that is the prices are cheaper for other games. If you can't afford the more expensive games then you might be able to afford the cheaper games. A fixed price wouldn't mean you could suddenly afford all matches. Depends if you are a POTG that goes to just the big games or waits for the cheap games.

I don't think it being confusing or too complicated is really an argument against it, anyone can check the prices beforehand on the internet or by ringing the ticket office.

If we currently had a fixed price, I think people would suggest having cheaper prices against the smaller teams to fill the stadium, a fixed price obviously wouldn't allow this.

the prices are so random its not just for the "bigger clubs"....they just seem to pull a price out of the air doesnt seem to matter

who we are playing .

When we had the cheerleaders, Chansiri would watch them, alone, in the directors box.

It was hilarious - he would just stand there and watch them with a passive dis-interest, then applaud them once they had finished.

Hopefully someone told him he didn't have to watch them.

Im slightly less cynical than you. I think/hope there is a degree of feeling and pleasure for DC and his family, but I also suspect he has a five or ten year plan.

But that doesnt bother me. We need to be realists, and understand that his interests are our interests. He wants success, and so do we, but with different motives. Same went for Milan.

Fair points. Yes, I think he has got the 'bug' and it's great to see the way his family enjoy the whole experience. With all the random crooks around at the minute in charge of various clubs, it does make you aware that we've been incredibly lucky with CC.

Fair points. Yes, I think he has got the 'bug' and it's great to see the way his family enjoy the whole experience. With all the random crooks around at the minute in charge of various clubs, it does make you aware that we've been incredibly lucky with CC.

We have. Hopefully.

Take Kenwright. Initially loved but now to a man their fans want him to pass it on to a bigger fish. No pun intended.

Or worse still, Whatshisface at Leeds. Two years of rash lunacy luxury followed by decades of ruin.

All we can hope for is that DC and his family have and maintain their seemingly genuine interest, that he uses his business acumen to fatten us up, and then find an even more genuine and wealthy dynasty to take us onwards and upwards.