What does Atdhe Nuhiu have to do to get a start?

Which tap on? I slate him for his ability to miss sitters but to be fair the one that went past him at the far post was crossed with to much pace from pudil or the other turn on the spot shot had 3 defenders blocking him. It was the headers for me. He needs to attack the ball, he only needs to jump 5 inch and he's over 7 ft tall. Use it man

We need someone like Mark Bright......

I'm not slating Adthe....he played well second half, but he doesn't get the goals...Hooper went through a period of not doin' much ..but getting goals..its dried up now...

Mark Bright did both...could have a shocker, but get a goal...

I notice FF got no flack for shooting when he should have crossed several times....

We have our favourites don't we..

Second half last night was mental....It happens...

I would be more worried if we were not creating chances, 

Best case scenario...beat Derby and give young Hirst or someone a chance against Cardiff an' Wolves...

NUHIU NEEDS TO SCORE MORE......HOPEFULLY WE WILL HAVE AN UPGRADED VERSION FOR NEXT SEASON,AND HE CAN BE AN OPTION OFF THE BENCH....

LOVE HIM,AS HE REALLY SEEMS TO LOVE OUR GREAT CLUB,AND RESPECT THE BADGE.....HATE ALL THIS SINGLING OUT OF HIM,,,,THINK HE DESERVES BETTER THAN THAT....

JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I WANT BETTER,BUT ALSO I HATE THE FANS THAT SINGLE OUT THERE OWN PLAYER FOR ABUSE,,REALLY DISRESPECTFUL

I hate Nuhiu threads. The posters on both sides of the argument make my 5hi1t hang!  Both sides exaggerating the truth in an attempt to win the petty and stupid argument. 

The fact is that his inclusion late into games makes a difference but, also, he doesn't score enough goals - if he would have taken his chances, we would be higher in the league, but we can say that about a few of our players.  He isn't the worlds greatest forward but he also isn't the worlds worst, however, we all know there are better centre-forwards out there. 

Two further things:

• Nuhiu has a three year contract - get used to it
  • Nuhiu doesn't get a start because CC, quite rightly, deems that it's better that he doesn't start - get used to it

FFS, do we have to continue this ridiculous bickering?!!

i WILL ALWAYS DEFEND ANY OF OUR PLAYERS ,WHO PUT THERE HEART AND SOUL INTO THE CLUB.,AGAINST PEOPLE HATING THERE OWN PLAYERS EVERY SINGLE WEEK..UNABLE TO GIVE ANY PRAISE

..I WILL HAPPILY CRITISIZE SOMEONE WHO DISRESPECTS THE SHIRT,SUCH AS JEFFERS,OR EVEN A LAZY GUY LIKE DELNA....

BUT NEVER A PLAYER THAT GIVES 100%....WHO VISITS THE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL MORE THAN MOST.WHO IS VERY MUCH INTEGRAL TO THE TEAM SPIRIT,AND THE TEAM IDENTITY

I HAVE HEARD IN INTERVIEWS,THAT HE IS AWARE OF THIS SMALL SECTION OF HATERZ,AND IT IS EMBARRASSING TO TREAT A LOYAL PLAYER THAT WAY,FOR DARING TO BE GOOD FOR SELECTION PICKED...

HE WAS A FREE,HE COSTS LITTLE IN WAGES ,HE IS A MASSIVE PART OF OUR SPIRIT,HE LOVES US,AND RESPECTS THE BADGE,HE IS ONE OF THE MOST INVOLVED IN VISITING THE CHILDRESN HOSPITIAL AND DOING COMMUNITY MINDED THINGS...THESE THINGS MEANS HE HAS MY RESPECT FOREVER

I LOVE HIM,AS HE IS A BIG SEXY HUNK OF AUSTRIAN,AND I LIKE STRONG POWERFUL MEN UP TOP

It is not as simple as players who come on second half performing better than those who start.

The whole mentality of the team changes, we play further up the pitch , midfielders and full backs get forward .

It is a lot easier to play up front when the team are doing this than in the first half.

So when people say a paticular forward is better coming off the bench it is because when he starts he gets naff all help.

As for FF on the left. It is pointless starting this way unless we are going high tempo from the start. There is no chance of this at Derby so FF will not start wide left

Why do we have to play 'high tempo' for ff to play out wide?

It's his best postion and most productive yfor us. His work ethic & ability on the ball means he sees more of the ball & has a bigger impact on the game.

Because if you watched our wide players first half last night , Bannan and Wallace, they spent most of the time in our own half 70 yds from their goal.

It was even worse the last time he started FF out wide, away at Preston .He spent the first half tracking an overlapping full back , got fed up with that and the guy missed 2 sitters

We have a superb centre mid in Bannan.

We have a superb wide left player in Forestieri.

We have a superb goalscorer who (usually) plays well alongside a targetman.

We have two less than superb targetmen, in Nuhiu and Joao. Neither are bad players, but neither has made a clear case to start over the other.

But, the answer is not to play Bannan and Forestieri out of position, and to play Hooper in a line up that doesnt suit him.

We have possibly six games left. IMO we should set the team up with our best shape 442, with our best 3 players in their best positions, and accept that between them Nuhiu and Joao are the best we have in a role that is important to the team.

Edited by Holmowl

i WILL ALWAYS DEFEND ANY OF OUR PLAYERS ,WHO PUT THERE HEART AND SOUL INTO THE CLUB.,AGAINST PEOPLE HATING THERE OWN PLAYERS EVERY SINGLE WEEK..UNABLE TO GIVE ANY PRAISE

..I WILL HAPPILY CRITISIZE SOMEONE WHO DISRESPECTS THE SHIRT,SUCH AS JEFFERS,OR EVEN A LAZY GUY LIKE DELNA....

BUT NEVER A PLAYER THAT GIVES 100%....WHO VISITS THE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL MORE THAN MOST.WHO IS VERY MUCH INTEGRAL TO THE TEAM SPIRIT,AND THE TEAM IDENTITY

I HAVE HEARD IN INTERVIEWS,THAT HE IS AWARE OF THIS SMALL SECTION OF HATERZ,AND IT IS EMBARRASSING TO TREAT A LOYAL PLAYER THAT WAY,FOR DARING TO BE GOOD FOR SELECTION PICKED...

HE WAS A FREE,HE COSTS LITTLE IN WAGES ,HE IS A MASSIVE PART OF OUR SPIRIT,HE LOVES US,AND RESPECTS THE BADGE,HE IS ONE OF THE MOST INVOLVED IN VISITING THE CHILDRESN HOSPITIAL AND DOING COMMUNITY MINDED THINGS...THESE THINGS MEANS HE HAS MY RESPECT FOREVER

I LOVE HIM,AS HE IS A BIG SEXY HUNK OF AUSTRIAN,AND I LIKE STRONG POWERFUL MEN UP TOP

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph! I never had a dig at you RJB. I've nothing against defending or criticising a player (as long as that defence or criticism is accurate and constructive). It's when people spout untruths in an attempt to in an argument that frustrates. The Nuhiu argument will never be won by either side.

We have a superb centre mid in Bannan.

We have a superb wide left player in Forestieri.

We have a superb goalscorer who (usually) plays well alongside a targetman.

We have two less than superb targetmen, in Nuhiu and Joao. Neither are bad players, but neither has made a clear case to start over the other.

But, the answer is not to play Bannan and Forestieri out of position, and to play Hooper in a line up that doesnt suit him.

We have possibly six games left. IMO we should set the team up with our best shape 442, with our best 3 players in their best positions, and accept that between them Nuhiu and Joao are the best we have in a role that is important to the team.

This. Second half is the team and set up we should go with for every game now. Not a Nuhiu fan but he's better than Joa at the moment. Swap those two around at times but keep FF on the left and Bannan in the centre.

Do some of you actually pay any attention to our games?

We've tried FF on the left from the start, it hasn't worked. Carlos pushes him out there occasionally in the 2nd half when the game becomes stretched, when it's needed.

Hooper doesn't play better alongside a target man. Statistics suggest the exact opposite actually.

You keep saying about these stats. The only stats I have seen on this came from hirstwhothingy which showed overwhelmingly how successful the team and Fessi were when he played on the left over the space of about 12/15 matches.

What stats are you refering to?

Do some of you actually pay any attention to our games?

We've tried FF on the left from the start, it hasn't worked. Carlos pushes him out there occasionally in the 2nd half when the game becomes stretched, when it's needed.

Hooper doesn't play better alongside a target man. Statistics suggest the exact opposite actually.

I haven't missed many games & FF's best games for us have come out wide without a doubt.

He isn't a striker for me.

Hopefully we'll sign a partner for Hooper in the summer and have Joao/nuhiu as options from the bench. For now it's either of the two to partner him.

You keep saying about these stats. The only stats I have seen on this came from hirstwhothingy which showed overwhelmingly how successful the team and Fessi were when he played on the left over the space of about 12/15 matches.

What stats are you refering to?

Stats that show Hooper is more potent when NOT playing alongside our "target man".

FF has been awesome on the left in the 2nd halves of games. Carlos has successfully used that switch as plan b on numerous occasions. But it hasn't worked as well from the start.

I haven't missed many games & FF's best games for us have come out wide without a doubt.

He isn't a striker for me.

Hopefully we'll sign a partner for Hooper in the summer and have Joao/nuhiu as options from the bench. For now it's either of the two to partner him.

Agreed. Wonderful player. But never a striker.