What does Atdhe Nuhiu have to do to get a start?

I havent been to many games this season. But usually i've thought Nuhiu has been poor, last night i thought he did well.

In the first half we were poor, especially the furst 25 minutes where we looked devoid of any creativity, poor movement and lack of drive. 

I'm not so much sure if it was Nuhiu coming on or the fact that midfield needs FF in it so much. Lopez looked poor last night compared to what i was expecting after reading comments on here. 

The whole team changed when FF dropped back in to midfield, it gave the the rest of the midfield a push which meant Nuhiu was brought in to play nicely.

Adamwestsleftear- are you nuhui is Drag pal? Negged everyones comments that aren't licking the backside of our 3 goal wonders record

Westy won't be on here at the moment, he'll be too busy writting a letter of complaint to the BBC.

How dare they write this:

post-18601-0-74557500-1461147901.jpg

Guest wilyfox

2 more years; although I'm hoping his new contract was simply so we'd get a transfer fee for him when he departs this summer.

2 more years; although I'm hoping his new contract was simply so we'd get a transfer fee for him when he departs this summer.

:manager:

I hate Nuhiu threads. The posters on both sides of the argument make my 5hi1t hang!  Both sides exaggerating the truth in an attempt to win the petty and stupid argument. 

The fact is that his inclusion late into games makes a difference but, also, he doesn't score enough goals - if he would have taken his chances, we would be higher in the league, but we can say that about a few of our players.  He isn't the worlds greatest forward but he also isn't the worlds worst, however, we all know there are better centre-forwards out there. 

Two further things:

• Nuhiu has a three year contract - get used to it
  • Nuhiu doesn't get a start because CC, quite rightly, deems that it's better that he doesn't start - get used to it

FFS, do we have to continue this ridiculous bickering?!!

yes we do until people realise hes a rubbish forward, but he does link play up well, the most important thing about been a centre forward isn't it? not goals surely.

The fact is it was 0-0 at ht and ended up 0-0, so whys there a improvement?

Still just one point for a draw, not 2 because we played better.

The tempo like most games this season has improved after the break whether hes on the pitch or not. The midfield wakes up after HT nothing to do with nuhui been on the pitch. The fact is he missed 3 sitters last night in the first ten mins of the second half.

Thought it was a two year deal- but like wilyfox says im sure that's just to make sure we get a fee for him, he will be replaced in the summer for a player with a better record

Edited by ViolaOwls

yes we do until people realise hes a rubbish forward, ...

That's just the most fvvcckking stupid thing I've heard on here for a long time.  CC decides if Nuhiu plays or not and whether Nuhiu stays or is sold not a bunch of keyboard warriors.  All we need now is someone from the opposite side of the argument to post "yes we do until people realise he's the best forward in the club" or something as equally daft as your statement. 

Best thing for everybody is to give Nuhiu a different number. Most people seem to think that, because he's wearing a No.9 on his shirt, his job is simply to score goals. Last night, as soon as he came on he pulled their defence, which up to then had looked unbeatable to us ( we had ONE effort before HT- and that from a full back), completely out of shape. At one point in front of us , on the right wing he took on, and beat FIVE defenders with he rest of the forwards looking on, not offering any assistance.

Yes, he does seem to miss headers and chances, but how many have the rest of the forwards missed. In the last two games alone, Bannan has missed four sitters, Hooper has been 'missing in action', Wallace has been worked out as only a left footed player.

The whole demeanour of the side alters as soon as he comes on, so he must be doing something right, but I still maintain he is not a striker in its literal sense.    

Let's be fair here...the only player getting any goals at the moment is FF. 

None of the other forwards or midfielders are really delivering in terms of goal scoring. 

Edited by SiJ

Guest wilyfox

Hooper has gone off the boil - but he's delivered. Atdhe has struggled for goals all season. His 8 league goal offering in previous campaigns wasn't great, but a useful contribution. 3 is pathetic given the amount of game time he's had.

nuhiu is average big and awkward will do some good things and some bad things can't score or very rarely does but does a few assist's ,hand on heart we need better and unless you are his love child i think we all agree,that said he is here and CC will use him in one capacity or another .personally i have never rated him as a forward as such i feel he would be better used if we have to use him  more as a number 10 behind which ever forwards we play at the time ,