Poll: Man Of The Match vs Milton Keynes Dons...and Your Player Ratings

Man Of The Match vs Milton Keynes Dons  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man Of The Match vs Milton Keynes Dons?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Wallace
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Hooper
    • Forestieri
    • Lopez
    • Nuhiu
    • Joao

Westwood - 6, Didn't really have a save to make, kicking was good quiet night for him and 2 more clean sheets off beating the record.

Hunt - 6, Fantastic energy up and down all night, but lacked that quality in his final third, created space for Wallace well but as the game went on Wallace drifted inside a lot and was mainly doing all the running down the right hand side himself..looks better when he has a quick winger ahead of him.

Lees - 7, Solid made 2 excellent tackles, loved his passion towards the end so crucial to this team.

Loovens - 7, Solid again, didn't put a foot wrong, only criticism is needs to play the ball out earlier, can be too slow on the ball.

Pudil - 9, Excellent, MOTM for me, hit the bar twice (even if they were unintentional) and then created 2 brilliant opportunities with his quality on the ball, on a different night we could have won 4-0 and it would all have been down to this man, his best game in a Wednesday shirt! Only worry is i don't think he has the legs to do that for potentially 5 more games this season, hopefully we can find some cover for one of the remaining games, need him fresh for playoffs.

Wallace, 6, quiet night, always dangerous with his delivery just lacked that quality at times, should have come off ran out of steam towards the end. Haven't seen the red card but looked silly, can't blame the lad we were all frustrated...but he will be missed these last 3 games.

Lee - 5, Passenger today, didn't get involved as much and didn't find his usual space on the ball, still worked hard and tracked back. Needs to find his form again!

Bannan - 6, Tireless and worked his socks of all game, passing was bit off and unlucky not to score towards the end, only thing that him and Lee lack from being PL quality is there ability to shoot!

Lopez - 5, Ineffective first half, passed and kept the tempo but didn't have the influence we needed, him and Bannan counter act each other, we only really need 1 of them on the pitch.

FF - 6, Hit and miss all game, looks a threat everytime on the ball but was careless in position a few times too. Watching the highlights back cannot believe he got carded for that 'dive', even Karl Robinson said after the game it was harsh...looked better when he was moved outside 2nd half.

Hooper - 5, Just not going for him at the minute, didn't have a shot today at all, looked tired and frustrated, needs a goal and fast doesn't look like the player we signed 4 months ago!

Subs/

Nuhiu - 6, Much better when he came on, almost scored, sadly the referee seemed to blow his whistle whoever he got the ball, hope that skill he pulled out the bag makes SoccerAM when he beat 4? players, the man is a magician. We are a better team at home when he starts, changed the game again when he came on.

Overall I thought first half we were poor, created very little and I thought MK actually looked the better side, although they never looked like scoring they did knock the ball around well...only source of danger from us was literally Pudil down that left hand side.

Second half we were much much better. I don't think we can make it work having Lopez/Bannan play, and forcing Bannan to play out wide, just doesn't seem to click, FF although best behind the striker, we looked loads better with him out wide and Nuhiu up top, tactically I think Carlos got it wrong from the off, but got it right second half. For me, Hooper needs a game or two out, just doesn't look sharp lately at all, we aren't creating enough for him and we are seriously lacking Nuhiu's physical side and Joao's pace when they don't play, we have the variety to mix it up upfront, time to do that. Would like to see Joao give a run in now, will be interesting to see who comes in for Wallace too. I thought a direct player like Matias would have been a good option for today's closing stages.

Let's not be too hard on ourselves, we did hit the woodwork FOUR TIMES, on a different day we could have won 4-0 and we'd be praising the team...luckily results elsewhere have helped us and now we are in a strong position to finish 6th. Hopefully we can go on to now not need a result away at Wolves that would be nice, just hope we can find form to finish the season strong, Cardiff and Derby will be tough tough games, Brighton/Burnley both potential playoff opponents looking very strong at the minute, need to find our very best form if we are to beat them.

Less said about the referee the better...lost his head 2nd half and some awful awful decisions, don't want to use him as a scapegoat but how can you put in a performance like that and get away with it...? The 2 calls on FF for diving and not to give a penalty towards the end were very questionable, had no consistency at all, no control looked out his depth needs to go back to Sunday league.

Edited by Del_Liles

Westwood - 6, Didn't really have a save to make, kicking was good quiet night for him and 2 more clean sheets off beating the record.

Hunt - 6, Fantastic energy up and down all night, but lacked that quality in his final third, created space for Wallace well but as the game went on Wallace drifted inside a lot and was mainly doing all the running down the right hand side himself..looks better when he has a quick winger ahead of him.

Lees - 7, Solid made 2 excellent tackles, loved his passion towards the end so crucial to this team.

Loovens - 7, Solid again, didn't put a foot wrong, only criticism is needs to play the ball out earlier, can be too slow on the ball.

Pudil - 9, Excellent, MOTM for me, hit the bar twice (even if they were unintentional) and then created 2 brilliant opportunities with his quality on the ball, on a different night we could have won 4-0 and it would all have been down to this man, his best game in a Wednesday shirt! Only worry is i don't think he has the legs to do that for potentially 5 more games this season, hopefully we can find some cover for one of the remaining games, need him fresh for playoffs.

Wallace, 6, quiet night, always dangerous with his delivery just lacked that quality at times, should have come off ran out of steam towards the end. Haven't seen the red card but looked silly, can't blame the lad we were all frustrated...but he will be missed these last 3 games.

Lee - 5, Passenger today, didn't get involved as much and didn't find his usual space on the ball, still worked hard and tracked back. Needs to find his form again!

Bannan - 6, Tireless and worked his socks of all game, passing was bit off and unlucky not to score towards the end, only thing that him and Lee lack from being PL quality is there ability to shoot!

Lopez - 5, Ineffective first half, passed and kept the tempo but didn't have the influence we needed, him and Bannan counter act each other, we only really need 1 of them on the pitch.

FF - 6, Hit and miss all game, looks a threat everytime on the ball but was careless in position a few times too. Watching the highlights back cannot believe he got carded for that 'dive', even Karl Robinson said after the game it was harsh...looked better when he was moved outside 2nd half.

Hooper - 5, Just not going for him at the minute, didn't have a shot today at all, looked tired and frustrated, needs a goal and fast doesn't look like the player we signed 4 months ago!

Subs/

Nuhiu - 6, Much better when he came on, almost scored, sadly the referee seemed to blow his whistle whoever he got the ball, hope that skill he pulled out the bag makes SoccerAM when he beat 4? players, the man is a magician. We are a better team at home when he starts, changed the game again when he came on.

Overall I thought first half we were poor, created very little and I thought MK actually looked the better side, although they never looked like scoring they did knock the ball around well...only source of danger from us was literally Pudil down that left hand side.

Second half we were much much better. I don't think we can make it work having Lopez/Bannan play, and forcing Bannan to play out wide, just doesn't seem to click, FF although best behind the striker, we looked loads better with him out wide and Nuhiu up top, tactically I think Carlos got it wrong from the off, but got it right second half. For me, Hooper needs a game or two out, just doesn't look sharp lately at all, we aren't creating enough for him and we are seriously lacking Nuhiu's physical side and Joao's pace when they don't play, we have the variety to mix it up upfront, time to do that. Would like to see Joao give a run in now, will be interesting to see who comes in for Wallace too. I thought a direct player like Matias would have been a good option for today's closing stages.

Let's not be too hard on ourselves, we did hit the woodwork FOUR TIMES, on a different day we could have won 4-0 and we'd be praising the team...luckily results elsewhere have helped us and now we are in a strong position to finish 6th. Hopefully we can go on to now not need a result away at Wolves that would be nice, just hope we can find form to finish the season strong, Cardiff and Derby will be tough tough games, Brighton/Burnley both potential playoff opponents looking very strong at the minute, need to find our very best form if we are to beat them.

Less said about the referee the better...lost his head 2nd half and some awful awful decisions, don't want to use him as a scapegoat but how can you put in a performance like that and get away with it...? The 2 calls on FF for diving and not to give a penalty towards the end were very questionable, had no consistency at all, no control looked out his depth needs to go back to Sunday league.

Really good summary.

I think you are right. If two of the woodwork strikes had gone in we would all be giving higher marks for exactly the same performance.

Pudil was very impressive, very energetic and a good focus of the best attacking moves.

Wallace ought to be fined for indiscipline, big time. What if it had cost us the game and Cardiff had won at Brentford where three goals were scored in the last ten minutes! No point claiming he was frustrated, at least when you're on the pitch you have a chance of influencing the outcome.

Gotta agree, Beauchief. It's the second time in consecutive matches that Wallace has 'lost it'. he was very fortunate not to have seen the Red card for seeing red. Be much better if he could kick as well with his right foot as he can swing with his right arm.

You may not agree with the Ref's decision, lots of us don't, but he's the man in charge. Maybe a short spell in rugby, either code, may do him good.

Pudil, though. We MUST sign him.  

Westwood 6

Hunt 6

Lees 7

Loovens 8

Pudil 8

Wallace 4

Lopez 5

Lee5

Bannan 6

Hooper 4

FF 6

Nuhiu 7

Joao n/a

First half we were poor. Second we absolutely battered them and just couldnt get the ball to hit the inside of the post. Fours, fives and sixes is very harsh.

For all our 'battering', their keeper only really had 1 serious save to make.

3 of the 'shots' that hit the woodwork were mis-hits/over-hit crosses.

Lopes offered nothing that either Bannan or Lee weren't already doing, Wallace was bobbar, his corners are terrible, and Hooper barely moved for 80-odd minutes.

Loovens and Pudil were outstanding, hence their high scores.