The Owls vs Milton Keynes Dons. Official Matchday Thread

bazZuUl.png          gFC9g5u.png  

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Milton Keynes, a supposed new town in the South East of England, is in fact a mass hallucination resulting from mind-control experiments by the Ministry of Defence in 1967.

The Milton Keynes Oscillatory Mind Garbler was produced by spraying psychotropic drugs into the atmosphere above Buckinghamshire. Why the field eventually settled and intensified over Milton Keynes is not fully understood. A theory states that it was deliberately released from the production site at Bletchley, home to a large secret government base which has been fcompletely disguised by the illusion as a harmless cryptography museum.

xYCzKcD.jpg
• Milton Keynes station, as seen by most visitors.

The direct action of these drugs was then modified and controlled by the use of countrywide directional broadcasts of intense radiation and pulsed subliminal broadcasts. A side effect of this process was a release of inhibitions that was the direct cause of the 1967 Summer of Love and flower-print flared trousers.

The combined effect of these processes is to produce a solid appearing and detailed hallucination shared by the whole population of the UK. The effect is strong enough to also affect television broadcasts from inside the contaminated area, and residual effects of the radiation also have an effect on tourists in the town. From all tests and surveys it seems that the field is fully stable and the whole population has been successfully convinced of the reality of the town.

zyboAag.jpg
• The same photo, viewed through a reality revealing filter.

Outside of the UK there seems to be little suspicion of the reality of Milton Keynes, although the testing team were hard pushed to find anyone who had heard of it in the first place. One scientist involved in this experiment has claimed that the broadcasts were aimed at convincing the UK population that they should not buy the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album, as part of the government's attempts to divert the subversive effect of The Beatles. But this has been denied by others who insist that the illusion of Milton Keynes was the real aim and the experiment was a complete success... honest.

They also may or may not have a football team which is how we come to be under the impression that we are  playing them today.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield.
Kick Off: Tuesday the 19th of April at 19:45

Matchday Apparel: Home shirt, massive flags. No theremins.

Matchday Drink: Beer. As this is a mdweek game and lots of people have to work tomorrow, only 14 pints toneet.

Probobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobarbly.

Matchday Pie: Bola de Carne to celebrate Carlos new contract.

Matchday Song: We Got The Funk by Positive Force…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Sam Hutchinson could return following four games out due to glandular fever. Striker Gary Hooper is pushing for a start while winger Aiden McGeady is expected to return to the squad.

MK Dons have appealed against Cody Cropper's red card at Preston in a bid to have the goalkeeper available. Forward Alex Revell, defender Antony Kay and midfielders Carl Baker and Daniel Powell are options for Dons manager Karl Robinson.

NDL2Et4.png Head to Head ElJllAl.png

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday have never lost at home to MK Dons in all competitions (W1 D3).

â–ª MK Dons' 2-1 win in the reverse fixture was their first victory in league competition against the Owls.

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday have lost just once at Hillsborough in the league in their last 18 (W11 D6).

â–ª MK Dons have failed to win any of their last seven matches (D3 L4), including a run of four losses that they stopped with the draw with Preston.

gcYM7Pg.png

My prediction: Payback time. We are going to hammer this lot tonight. 4 - 0 to us. Ooooooooh!

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

As I am saying many times, I am a professional and do not talk about the rumours. My wife and children are often here in the Sheffield. We have learned how to make the Sunday roast and the pudding of Yorkshire, also we are enjoying the dripping sandwiches and the bubble and the squeak on a Monday. My massive friends, do you think for a moment that I will go to the Swansea and eat their Welsh rabbit? The rabbit is not even a rabbit but instead the melted cheese on toast.

MLfGwZ7.jpg

My good friend, the Lee Bullen is telling me that the rabbit is tasting anyway like the tyre of a racing car, after it has been driving for 120 kilometers. We have exciting games to come and my players, they are ready to fight, to go to playoffs and win the Wembley to the Premiership. Also, I am signing the new contract with Mr Chansiri. To be certain.

But we are going to play against the Milton K. Donalds at Hillsburg on Tuesday and that is the most important thing at this moment in time. Of this I am absoluteleley sure.

MINTYNESS

With the full energy!

8iU5Fz7.gif

Edited by pauli

Brilliant stuff Pauli  :biggrin:  A very good morning to you all, an excellent chance to hammer a nail into the coffin of MK Dons' time in the championship and pick up three very much needed points. Fingers crossed Hutchinson will be back to add some steel to the midfield and further up the pitch the goals will start to flow once more, as this is a defence we should be able to toy with. Got a very good feeling about this one, looking forward to seeing Hillsborough under the lights once more. COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

post-17101-0-16868200-1461021709.gifHi all you Wednesday fans ! Thought we deserved the

win on Saturday but Cardiff couldn't take advantage so no damage done. Woke up out here Sunday morning

(Oh I'm staying at the Scotsmans Pack in Hathersage BTW)to a covering of snow which was a surprise. It had all gone by 11a.m. So I took a walk up to Little Johns grave; Big bugger wasn't he ? Love these little

Derbyshire villages. Nev took me out to Headingly for the cricket, he's now taken to trying to bore the

pants off me :-) He's no chance. Pleasant enough but prefer my Wednesday. Another great intro from Pauli,

love his tales. The win I predicted Saturday will come good tonight. Enjoy the game everyone and I'll see

you all for the Cardiff game. Staying in Harrogate again tomorrow then have to get back to work. Love you

all Big wet one for Pauli X and Love to all else UTO WAWAW your very own Tay Tay x x x

PS the greatest news possible regarding Carlos Love to him too x x x

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Oh my. Busy with work and forgot that we had a midweek game. 

Cheers Pauli, top drawer as always.

Is it just me or is Nev's TayTay gif moving in time to Pauli's funkadelic sound track? ...yep definitely is. Quite tickling me it is.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Can we all join in and dance to the beat?

giphy.gif

Morning all, hope you're keeping well. A real opportunity tonight to make a big move towards securing a play off slot. 

Morning.

Brilliant Pauli.   :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Massive win coming up for sure, especially on the back of Carlos signing a new contract.  

4 nil Wednesday win coming up.  

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Ay up Ronio. Hope you're right about that scoreline. Would be happy with a 1 or 2 nil win tbh.

Brilliant OMDT Pauli, best yet!

Must admit that I am under the illusion that we might actually win this one!

Maximum R & B lads! C'mon Wednesday! Puddings of Yorkshire ready to fire Cap'n Carlos!

Oh and someone Better Call Saul and explain to him the he doesn't really exist!

Brilliant Pauli. I am happy to know so much truth about the history of Milton Keynes. Thank you.

Woke up at 4 and couldnt get back to sleep, thinking about permutations if we and Cardiff win, lose draw etc tonight. Pathetic!

A confident but not complacent 3-0.

Two from Hooper to get him beautifully simmering for the next 6 matches.

Just under 23000.