Michael Turner

Loovens, Turner, Hutch all injury prone. Sasso not really good enough to play week in week out. Need a new centre half in summer.

I think you can add Westwood to that list, it's no surprise he is being ignored by his country and is it more than once now this season he's pulled out of the warm up before a game? that's bizarre for a goalkeeper.

By and far the worst signing of the season , absolute cart horse. I said to my mate when we saw the team sheet, we are gonna get spanked turner is starting! Whilst I realise that's a tad over the top and was said in jest , he's no better than llera, rob Jones etc when they were here. There was 10 other muppets on show today , but of all the loans he's the one that needs a thanks but no thanks.

I think you can add Westwood to that list, it's no surprise he is being ignored by his country and is it more than once now this season he's pulled out of the warm up before a game? that's bizarre for a goalkeeper.

Totally agree, and it was stated as the reason for his non-inclusion in the Irish squad.

By and far the worst signing of the season , absolute cart horse. I said to my mate when we saw the team sheet, we are gonna get spanked turner is starting! Whilst I realise that's a tad over the top and was said in jest , he's no better than llera, rob Jones etc when they were here. There was 10 other muppets on show today , but of all the loans he's the one that needs a thanks but no thanks.

I agree, and the thing was you also got goals from Jones, Llera and Reda at the other end. We get very few goals from our central defenders nowadays.

turner just too slow end of, need hutch in defence and midfield need 2 of him in fact .bannon lopez also don't work together in midfield ,hopefully Bristol game was a 1 off,though we have been very poor 1st half in most of the last few games and got away with it ,need hutch back to deal with Ipswich physical game

Come back soon Glenn Loovens ! Tom Lees is never his best without him as his centre back partner. Glenn is vocal, keeps a tight back line, and his experience shines through.  He's obviously not the quickest, which can lead to errors, but is still the best centre back to partner Tom Lees who is first choice. Michael Turner's positioning leaves a lot to be desired !

He played well at hull. No one complained then

That does not count, when you have a selective memory.

Still not sure why Sasso didn't start given he is match fit and played Tuesday.

Anyway no one yesterday were at the races unless they all had their minds on the Grand National!

Edited by Big Jack

Is it any co incidence that we have lost to rovrum at home mk Dons away and today when this 'defender' starts

Slow clumsy injury prone and simply not good enough!

Didn't do too bad away to Hull though when he started though did he?

Played very well in a defence they kept a clean sheet.

He didn't play well yesterday and my only criticism would be that Sasso has had more game time recently so bit surprised he didn't start ahead of Turner.

But we weren't helped by Palmer having a poor game and McGeady not tracking back to help Pudil out. All of Bristol City's attacks come from that side.

I like Turner, but he's to alike to Lees in terms of how he plays, only not as effective and much slower...

He fills the void when Loovens doesn't play by bringing that experienced leader into the side and understanding the physicality of this division, but for me Sasso hasn't done anything to convince me why he shouldn't be playing..might not be as good in the air as MT but a hundred times better on the ball and brings much needed pace into the backline!

Doesn't help Turner's case that other defenders also had shockers around him...Bristol everyone was particularly awful, at the back likewise vs Shrewsbury and MK Dons..

I understand the importance of rotation but for me players like like Hunt, Lees, Westwood, Loovens should all start when fit, maybe rotate the older players that haven't got the energy to go 110% as the games get closer together, e,g Pudil! If anything Saturday showed how much we missed a player like Hutchinson in the backline, have no doubt with him it would have been a different scoreline....or we would have finished with 10 men!

Edited by Del_Liles