Bristol City vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread

5psfYBt.png          bazZuUl.png  

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Bristols. Lovely, great big bouncy Bristols that come in pairs.

Today though, about 1500 Owls, each filled with 16 pints, will be making an almost 400 mile round trip to see a solitary, somewhat below average Bristol. There is another Bristol - as noted above, they usually come in pairs. But the other one is really tiny and hardly worth looking at.

Here is a nice pair of Bristols seen from above…

6hyjxkH.png

A long, long time ago this particular Bristol that we are going to see today was huge. But it has gradually diminished in size and become less impressive over the years. It might get even smaller until it eventually matches up with the other Bristol that’s hardly worth looking at anymore. If that happens, we will have to have a word with a scientist at some point and ask him really politely if we can have a peer at some Bristols through his microscope.

ADXMrQ3.png

Now, the last thing scientists want is hundreds of rowdy, drunken football fans, all turning up at the same time, threatening the pie seller, chucking beer about and making a mess of their laboratories so it will be expensive. But the demand to see a matching pair of Bristols will be so great that the scientists will take an opportunity to sell tickets, with prices that could easily start at an incredible forty pounds each.

FUN FACTS

Bristol's hoolie firm are known as “Ointment” for the kindly way that they treat visiting fans. If your shirt has been rubbing on your nipples on the long journey down, they will gently apply soothing balsam to the tender areas.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Ashton Gate, Bristol.
Kick Off: Saturday the 9th of April at 15:00.

Matchday Apparel: Away shirt. Massive flags. No Sousaphones.

Matchday Pub: The Squire of Preston says: “…head for The Rising Sun, just a short skip away from lovely chubbly Ashton Gate.Enjoy joining the legions and watching Sky Sports, BT Sport, ESPN or suave King Carlos chatting on Football Focus on one of the four large-screen Plasmas that adorn this sizeable hostelry. The Landlady will recommend the award-winning Butcombe Bitter to go with her legendary matchday baps. So come in and enjoy your two gallons in here. You will find the pub at 21 Ashton Rd, Bristol, Avon BS3 2EA." Probobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobarbly.

Matchday Pie: Cornish Pastie.

Matchday Song: “Just Kissed My Baby” by The Meters…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Midfielder Smorey Kith is expected to keep his place in the Bristol City side after his surprise return from injury against Rotherham in midweek. Bobbins' manager Jee Lohnson will select from the same squad that drew 1-1 with the Millers on Tuesday. On-loan striker Odem Peterwingie scored his second goal in three starts against Rotherham and will link up with either Aaron Wilbrabrahambobarbly or Jonathan Kojak in attack.

Sheffield Wednesday defender Glenn Loovens faces a late fitness test after sustaining an ankle injury in the midweek win against Blackburn. Vincent Sasso replaced him on Tuesday night and is on stand-by. Barry Bannan returns to contention after a three-match ban, with the Owls chasing a fifth straight league win. Fellow midfielder Sam Hutchinson has missed the last two games through illness and although making good progress is not expected to be included in the squad.

gjk8e2Q.png Head to Head V1LHByE.png

â–ª The Robins have won only one of their past nine games in all competitions against the Owls at Ashton Gate (D5 L3).

â–ª Wednesday, who beat Bristol City on the opening day of the season 2-0, have not done the double over them since the 1972-73 season.

â–ª Jonathan Kodjia has had a hand in three of Bristol City's past four goals (two goals, one assist).

â–ª The Owls have won their past four league games - they have not won five in a row since April 2007.

â–ª Aden Flint is one of only six outfield players to have played every minute of every Championship game this season.

679kIys.png

My prediction: 2 - 0 win for the Owls. Atdhe with a penalty and a physically impossible Marco Matias wonder goal. McGugan to hit the bar with a last minute free kick from his garden shed in Brinsworth. Ooooooooh!

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“I don’t think our team is playing better than when we played against the likes of the Preston, Freddie Mercury’s Safari Wardens and Brighton. We are not playing better than before, we have made small changes, I don’t want to talk too much about that but there are small things that can make a big difference.

ju8rZ80.jpg

I think we are in the same way, sometimes a little better, but all the time with a positive idea, positive football and trying to win the games and fight for the three points. We are doing this all the season, this is our fingerprint in our Championship. Everybody looks at our team, we have our style and even if we play a little better or not so good we have this style and we don’t change too much.”

MINTYNESS

Tay Tay and Giant Shadow Llama are going to take the Brizzle Kop!

ykzGcJQ.gif

Morning.

Nice one Pauli,  :biggrin:

Another win coming up for sure, won't be easy, but with Forestieri running riot and Bannan coming back in, they won't be able to stop us.

A hard fought 2-1 Wednesday win.  Bannan and Hooper the scorers,  FF with the assists.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!! 

Guest minsk owl

Brilliant as usual !!

Need to stay focused for this one, don't need any Charlton / MK type slip ups, ........ might be a tough game, but we'll come through it ,  

0 - 2 Wednesday,  Hooper back on the score sheet with both    ( in the 2nd half obviously )

post-38035-0-24183000-1460157100.gif

I shall not be adorning the Matchday Thread tomorrow as I will be gracing Bramall Lane's away end with my presence.

Will be keeping a watchful eye on the Wednesday game via twitter.

How much bother will I get in if I start singing Wednesday songs when we inevitably go 4-0 up?

How much more bother will I get in if I start singing 'and now you're gonna believe us.....you're never going up' when Gills take a 10-0 lead?

I'd take a draw tomorrow. If we win I may even have a drink to celebrate our play off place being sealed... :ph34r:

Prediction? Wednesday 3- 1 Bristol.

We'll take a 2 goal lead. They'll score with 15 minutes left....over-commit to equalising & we'll score a third. 

Forestieri, Hooper & Bannan for us.

Flint for them. Think we're vulnerable to a well organised set piece team. 

COME ON, ACTUALLY GOOD AT FOOTBALL, WEDNESDAY!

Edited by FlyingOwl

I shall not be adorning the Matchday Thread tomorrow as I will be gracing Bramall Lane's away end with my presence.

Hmmm. Coincidentally, I also have to battle against uppity blades*. 256 of them at a time  :ohmy: , so we need a volunteer to launch Tay Tay when the goals go in.

* I'm on weekend server maintenance duty again. Would consider burning the entire building down but the overtime money is nice.

Edited by pauli

Loverlee OMDT Pauli.

Love the song. Superb.

When (if?)  we get to the PO final plurleeease can we have "Let Your Yeah Be Yeah" by the Immortal Jimmy C?

It's surely what we Wednesdayites all feel inside of ourselves.

We kicked off the season with Hawkwind's "Master of the Universe" as the Matchday song so....

Guest minsk owl

Hmmm. Coincidentally, I also have to battle against uppity blades*. 256 of them at a time  :ohmy: , so we need a volunteer to launch Tay Tay when the goals go in.

* I'm on weekend server maintenance duty again. Would consider burning the entire building down but the overtime money is nice.

I'll do it Pauli, ......... if no one else offers