Steering Group 18th April

Regarding parking again it would be a good idea to look in to more disabled parking spaces I agree but as for kids jesus its a 10minute walk after being sat down for 90minutes im sure they can manage that, When I was a kid we used to park near Binstead Grove that was up a reyt bloody hill.

Regarding parking again it would be a good idea to look in to more disabled parking spaces I agree but as for kids jesus its a 10minute walk after being sat down for 90minutes im sure they can manage that, When I was a kid we used to park near Binstead Grove that was up a reyt bloody hill.

Disabled spaces aren't neccesarily the be all and end all, theres plenty that have trouble walking that don't put in for a blue badge...

Never heard about anyone complaining about parking before. Grounds been there since cars have been commonplace so if residents were that annoyed surely we' have heard about that by now too.

Ellis, we all now realise that you only see and hear what you want to, crikey, a serious question is put forward and some of the feckwit responses are untrue...

Ellis, we all now realise that you only see and hear what you want to, crikey, a serious question is put forward and some of the feckwit responses are untrue...

No need for you opinion on me Captain, just making the point that i've never heard anybody complain about it, and i've been on this forum nearly 10 years which is the most scrutinising place in the world in regards to Sheffield Wednesday.

At least if fans understood the ticket strategy we could at least move on. We probably won't agree with the underlying reasoning but an explanation would help.

Since Sainsburys was opened parking north of the ground has become an issue and will only get worse . I'm now setting off an hour earlier than I did in the early 90s just to get a decent parking spot.

Relax the flask ban. It's bonkers.

Nah, parking IS an issue, not only for fans attending but it must be a nightmare when games are on if you live somewhere near the ground, bet you daren't go out cos you won't be able to get back home...

Only a matter of time untill enough complainants make some of the roads residents only parking, then we'll really see the parking police out in force..

And before anyone says it, yes I do realise the ground was already there when most will have bought their houses...

And there is your answer where residents are concerned. 

Its like buying a house next to the runway at an airport then complaining about the noise. 

The answer to the parking issue is staring the club in the face , literally.

Its that big green , open space bang across the road from the ground.

The council are skint , so ib bet they would be open to selling the half of the park nearest to the ground to enable the club to build a massive car park .

Yeah, the would be a few complaints from the tree huggers about losing green space and a few tress ,but if DC was to wave some cash under their nose i bet they would take it.

Ive always held the opinion that the park is the answer to the lack of matchday parking.  

The council are skint , so ib bet they would be open to selling the half of the park nearest to the ground to enable the club to build a massive car park .

Yeah, the would be a few complaints from the tree huggers about losing green space and a few tress ,but if DC was to wave some cash under their nose i bet they would take it.

Ive always held the opinion that the park is the answer to the lack of matchday parking.

Not a chance the park will ever be sold or developed. It's a conservation area for a start. The park belongs to the people of the city and isn't the councils to sell.

Mind blowing

Guest Grez Bez

No need to use Hillsborough park. If DC has the cash there is loads of land for parking. Getting out might be a nightmare mind you!

post-22045-0-27243700-1460665174.png

No need to use Hillsborough park. If DC has the cash there is loads of land for parking. Getting out might be a nightmare mind you!

You've scribbled out the area I usually quietly park in, can always get a space with no bother & can leave quickly enough.

Not taking these plans to DC lol

I'll throw some unusual requests in:

Heard that if we were to gain promotion, the club would need to build a TV studio to comply with Sky because the South Stand boxes are too small. The only way we can do this is by either moving the scoreboard (won't happen) or building something where Tango sits. What plans are in place?

We currently give Away Teams restricted allocations due to the size of the concourse on the West Stand, again, what plans are in place to sort this issue should we gain promotion?

Pitch - heard the club was reluctant to spend the necessary money to maintain it (the lights). Is this now all sorted? Strange one considering how much we paid for it.

Executive boxes - the club lost a number of long term clients due to getting the pricing structure wrong this season. I've noticed that they're rarely 50% full on match days. Considering they were priced at 25K per season, I assume we can't afford to get this wrong again?

Dont we build a to studio for sky every time they come in north west corner?

Dont we build a to studio for sky every time they come in north west corner?

Think they'd need a more permanent home though rather than a shed on some scaffolding.

It's fine having Peter Beagrie in there but not Thierry Henry lol

Unless you're suggesting we knock down the corner & build some facilities there that includes & a room for sky to broadcast from?