Steering Group 18th April

Not ideal for those of us who take little kids with us......

Perhaps, but the Club would be mad to do something that will get people from the food/ drink outlets to their seats too early.

Better wifi in the stadium (to use tablets/ phones) might help people entertain their young kids who take their seats early?

Can you ask about why we don't seem to utilise the new big screen very much?

Why don't they put the early kick-off games on the big screen, instead of just the TV's on the concourses?

Also, there seem to be very few updates of other scores around the country - and this could be very important to us over the next few games?

They do usually have the early Sky kick off on the big screen. 9 times out of 10 this has been the case. I'm usually one of the first in.

A family only toilet, where grow men don't pi$$ all over the seats in the name of WAWAW. Love it when my kids need the toilet in the north not, plus concourse needs extending up to the club shop, this would double the size of this area and give extra space to have proper bar and food areas

Would the club look at guaranteeing fans who buy a season ticket for next year a ticket to the play off final should we get there?

Seems like a decent plan to increase sales for next season!

This

Got the early bird season ticket for next season and i'm sure that in the faq's it says that priority points are awarded as soon as purchased, which hasn't happeed.

Also me and the lad became members at the beggining of the season, assuming membership is still available is there a mechanism to give early members priority over people who might buy one tomorrow, when it comes to play off tickets?.

What ARE the plans for parking next season. Like them or not, the Wednesdayite chaps have provided an excellent service in provision and attending to the present carpark. It may not be the ideal site in that it is obviously an ex-industrial site, but I feel that, if they haven't, the club have missed an ideal opportunity here to purchase a spot almost directly opposite the Kop, to purchase land for the development of a proper Car Park at ground level, with provision for Offices, small industrial units or the like  above..

As someone else has suggested, this could also be the site for mobile fast food outlets.

Were this to take place, I would suggest a friendly deal be offered to the Chinese Chippy who provide such excellent service on all matchdays. Yes, I don't doubt that they make a profit, but the margins must be minimal and reliant on throughput, but it is still an easy spot to use, and a joint venture to extend their premises at a minimal rate would benefit the supporters.

I know we have the use of Hillsborough Park, but even this is a  little far for some of us Oldies who are falling to pieces, live in the boondocks, and have to use private cars to watch our beloved Owls. We are the ones who fall between the 'wheelchair bound' and the shaky-legged brigade, the ones who do not want to use a disabled seat at the match, but are happy to struggle to our own places in the various stands. 

Incidentally, I've tried to contact the Club regarding parking, and the booking for the season, but cannot find any info on the Club site

What off-pitch investment is planned this summer? 

What is happening with the former Presto Tools site? We had planning permission for a community centre with pitches.

We got a community centre and pitches going up on an old industrial site off penistone road close to town centre I think. 

Wednesdayite car park, why club don't buy it to make it fans park with food and drinks outlets, maybe even a bridged ticket entrance straight over to kop and north stand to help with road safety and easy access. Plus a couple of pubs and additional car parking?

Even the old kwik fit is crying out to be turned into a pub

This the club needs more money and should diversify a little. Get a great pub opened that serves a carvery or summet throughout the week. SHows all sky footie games. Make it family friendly and it would do great I bet. 

Definitely push on mini season tickets.  That's the most important thing on the pricing point.

I'd suggest getting a couple of their senior people to explore the upper north concourse half an hour before match day and just get a sense of how absolutely behind the times it is.  The catering contract discussion is a graveyard but it would still be useful to get the personal experience of just how dire it is.  Same for toilets.

Could you ask there are any plans for a concourse area on the Kop please Flying Owl? 

I know it's an old chestnut but could you also ask if we can have draught beer and lager on the Kop please? 

Edited by shandypants

First can you pass on mine (and am sure other fans) thanks for the work done by DC & CC in the past 12 months, never in a million years did I envisage the strides the club would make both on and off the field in that time. I can honestly say I have loved this season.

On the other points; family toilets is a great idea, mini season tickets would be a big plus. Also if they could tidy up the area at the back of the kop, it can be a bit intimidating for kids during half time and pre-match.

Any chance of getting a finance option for the 2/3 year season tickets.

I currently pay for my 1 year ticket on direct debit, I've renewed for next year but would have loved to have got a full 3 year one but the only options available were to either treble my current direct debit or find £1600 straight up and I couldn't afford either.

A 30 month repayment scheme (or even 20 month) would have enabled me and a few mates to sign up to the 3 year one but instead have only committed to next year.

I'll throw some unusual requests in:

Heard that if we were to gain promotion, the club would need to build a TV studio to comply with Sky because the South Stand boxes are too small. The only way we can do this is by either moving the scoreboard (won't happen) or building something where Tango sits. What plans are in place?

We currently give Away Teams restricted allocations due to the size of the concourse on the West Stand, again, what plans are in place to sort this issue should we gain promotion?

Pitch - heard the club was reluctant to spend the necessary money to maintain it (the lights). Is this now all sorted? Strange one considering how much we paid for it.

Executive boxes - the club lost a number of long term clients due to getting the pricing structure wrong this season. I've noticed that they're rarely 50% full on match days. Considering they were priced at 25K per season, I assume we can't afford to get this wrong again?