Steering Group 18th April

Guest Ash76

If the ST extension isn't brought up please do so, I'm sure it will buy it doesn't want to get left unsaid. I actually think the timing of this meeting

Just before the deadline isn't a coincidence.

I've already got mine but I'm sure Grandad will be along any minute to label me an IAJ

If the ST extension isn't brought up please do so, I'm sure it will buy it doesn't want to get left unsaid. I actually think the timing of this meeting

Just before the deadline isn't a coincidence.

I've already got mine but I'm sure Grandad will be along any minute to label me an IAJ

On top of that, there still seems interest in the 2 and 3 year season ticket from folk who couldn't get the money together in February - wonder if the club would be willing to re-open the 2 and 3 year sales (seems no logic in those only being available for one of the season ticket phases)?

Agree with oh weds we love you, that probably better not to say Cardiff too high, but instead to say that as far as fans can see, the Charlton game seemed to be a huge success for the club and it made for a fantastic day for fans and atmosphere, probably atracted new fans, or ex attendees. What was the club's view? Did it work? If so, any thoughts for the future?

Can you ask if it's feasible to pay for drinks etc with your season ticket? Should speed up queues as no money being handed over. A simple system of either pre-loading money or if you haven't paid it off before the next game then you don't gain entry.

Guest Owl-S35

maybe ask who does the advertising on the scoreboard? When they display offers, 1867 after match, some of the ticket offers they use a blue and white background and then white text over the top of it!

Can you ask if it's feasible to pay for drinks etc with your season ticket? Should speed up queues as no money being handed over. A simple system of either pre-loading money or if you haven't paid it off before the next game then you don't gain entry.

Can ask but think that sanction is a bit harsh.

Like the idea of the prepaid card but think the sanction for not having paid it off before the next game is that you can't use the card to pay for food/drinks until you pay it.

Can ask but think that sanction is a bit harsh.

Like the idea of the prepaid card but think the sanction for not having paid it off before the next game is that you can't use the card to pay for food/drinks until you pay it.

No need for sanctions, just make it either pre-paid or link it to automatically debit a bank account Uber style.

Ability to quickly pour pints will still be the bottle neck though.

To say that fundamentally the takings a limited by the time available, and demand completely outstrips supply (even though the product is extremely poor and overpriced) every match, the entire process is nothing short of a shambles.

No need for sanctions, just make it either pre-paid or link it to automatically debit a bank account Uber style.

Ability to quickly pour pints will still be the bottle neck though.

To say that fundamentally the takings a limited by the time available, and demand completely outstrips supply (even though the product is extremely poor and overpriced) every match, the entire process is nothing short of a shambles.

They tried out pre-poured pints in one of the lounges before the Bristol game & it was a nightmare apparently. People turning their noses up to a pre-pour so it slowed the process down even more. The actual mechanic of our beer taps & the pour it provides is meant to be one of the quickest around.

I have no idea what it's like on other concourses but on the Kops bottom concourse I think space is a major problem. There's not enough room to queue properly. It looks like chaos whenever we get over 25k.

And obviously, the staff just aren't trained well enough. 

Introduction of a singing area. Bottom of kop from the bridge.

If singing section is mentioned I would suggest at the back of the kop so that the sound echos down as it use to due to the design of the roof

Also not sure if its been mentioned but any plans for the band

If singing section is mentioned I would suggest at the back of the kop so that the sound echos down as it use to due to the design of the roof

Also not sure if its been mentioned but any plans for the band

Singing sections work best at the front of stands. Especially with flags etc.

It's meant to be a spectacle as well as audible.

in certain modernised grounds i agree but the design of the kop roof lends its self to acoustically generating a far more noisier atmosphere from the back having the sound and noise roll down encouraging more to join in

1000 fans singing at the front would not generate as much noise as 1000 fans singing at the back

as for the steering group tonight looking in the wall of noise see of colour thread there seems to be a real desire to create an atmosphere at the ground I'd like questions raised on this and how the club feel towards this and how they can help and see their role

in certain modernised grounds i agree but the design of the kop roof lends its self to acoustically generating a far more noisier atmosphere from the back having the sound and noise roll down encouraging more to join in

1000 fans singing at the front would not generate as much noise as 1000 fans singing at the back

as for the steering group tonight looking in the wall of noise see of colour thread there seems to be a real desire to create an atmosphere at the ground I'd like questions raised on this and how the club feel towards this and how they can help and see their role

Representatives from 'The Kop End' facebook forum probably got this covered & it was them who organised & got permission for the flags at the weekend.

Definitely give me two pennies worth on that though. Club needs to work with the fans 100% & cooperate to boost the atmosphere.

Representatives from 'The Kop End' facebook forum probably got this covered & it was them who organised & got permission for the flags at the weekend.

Definitely give me two pennies worth on that though. Club needs to work with the fans 100% & cooperate to boost the atmosphere.

Its a good start from them and a step in the right direction but like I said in the other thread they've got to be patient but persistent it wont come overnight or in a few games

But hopefully with an open mind from every supporter group (I include the band in that) and an ability to see that this is for the benefit of the club as a whole and not a self publicising platform for the few, then we will make progress and the club needs to help with what direction they want it to go and where the fans want to go

Its a real conundrum this one.  Where do you place the singing section?  If you place it somewhere in the centre top, middle or bottom then you'll get many disgruntled fans that would have to give up their seat in the most desirable part of the Kop.  If you look in the section where I have my season ticket (bang in the middle of the Kop), there's not a single seat available.  I've been sat there for years! 

So far I've got a shortlist of the following;

• Really not wanting to get bogged down in a ticket price debate tonight BUT I will ask what DC found from the attendance for the £20 Charlton game & that many believe that the Cardiff pricing is too high & a big risk considering we may not have anything to play for. Could an added incentive be added to draw people into the Cardiff game should play offs be confirmed already? A sweetener of such.
  • Plans for the training ground. Relocation & what not.
  • Stadium plans over the summer?
  • Plans for the kit release. A plea from the fans to have it out in plenty of time for the summer holidays.
  • Pre-season tour plans?
  • Parking problems
  • Crowd segregation. Not so much a problem now but could we liaise with the relevant authorities so we don't have to have a mile worth of gap between away fans & our lot.
Also got a note about the ST extension but I am 100% sure that someone will get that point in before me. 20 other people there so if I'm not asking your question I'm sure someone else will & I'll feed everything back. I will say that I do have to be out of Hillsborough no later than quarter past 9 really or else I'll miss my train home. Should be feeding back on here by midnight if I'm not too knackered.

Can you not just sleep at the ground? Don't miss any of the meeting and there in plenty of time for tomorrow's match - win win

I don't understand singing sections. Does it mean I'll be frowned upon for singing whilest not sat in the so called singing section?

Of course not.

The idea would be for it to be a hub where songs generate from. All the loud mouths, who are committed to singing constantly, stand there and it's their job to get the whole stadium rocking.