ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

oasismark

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the trailers so far for this have been really disappointing.

It looks a bit 'cheap' and nowhere near what I'd expect to see from a Star Wars film

I'm a little inclined to agree with you actually. The CG looks too CG - whether the final grading has been done on the film remains to be seen but I would hope for a look more akin to the original trilogy and TFA rather than something that harks back to the "plastic" look of the prequel films. This film does finish ten  minutes before the start of the original Star Wars so something that is visually consistent would be expected.

Having said that there are some nice shots in there - I love the sequence showing the Death Star upside down and then causing an eclipse on the planet. Nice.

Guest The Horse

Loved the subtle use of Darth Vader's theme throughout this trailer.

As we never see any of the protagonists in the other films, I'm guessing that the overtones of that music means a dark end to this film.

1 hour ago, Geosword said:

Loved the subtle use of Darth Vader's theme throughout this trailer.

As we never see any of the protagonists in the other films, I'm guessing that the overtones of that music means a dark end to this film.

For some of them at least, and I hope they do that, I think the franchise needs it.

But as with many of these things, they often have one or two that are shoe horned in moving forward. Like Darth Maul, it was ridiculous how they brought him back.

It just looks like an expensive fanfiction film to me. I really think they should have just focused on making a great trilogy first and restoring the franchises good name. I think this and the han solo film should have waited ten years.