Lee or Lopez?

We've won every game since Bannan was suspended. Would be a poor piece of management to bring him straight back in.

its a stronger team with bannan playing ........it would be pretty stupid for carlos to think i'll wait till we lose with this weaker side before i bring him back .

Guest owl from retford

Bannan will be thrown straight back into the team, looking like lopez will be dropped harsh on him as he has had two decent games in bannan's absense

Edited by owl from retford

Bannan will be thrown straight back into the team, looking like lopez will be dropped harsh on him as he has had two decent games in bannan's absense

Wouldn't be so sure, they can easily play alongside each other depending on how King Carlos sets us up.

Lopez has played well in the last two games, but Lee was absolutely outstanding and MOM by a mile last night. Never concedes possession. Any ball that's near him, he kills it with a perfect touch and lays in into one of the more attacking players, then gets forward to support the attack. And somehow is always back in position when we lose it. Bannan gets the plaudits for his superior long passing and tricks, but Lee is our best player bar Forestieri.

Think Lopez will stay and Lee may get a rest - no room for sentiment now, best team has to start.

CC needs to be pragmatic - hutch, Bannan, Lee and Looez will all play a key part in he run in..it's more about when they play rather than if

Edited by Owlsofrustration

Even if Lopez leaves whats that got to do with it?

Lopez for me, and he can shoot instead of turning his back to goal. Better player that's played at a higher level.

Lee has been great this season but Lopez offers that better threat

Absolutely no chance that Lee will be dropped. Carlos knows he is vital to the way we play even if Owlstalk doesn't

I agree. Carlos knows that having Lee is like having two players on the pitch. He is a defensive midfielder and an attacking one at the same time.

I bet he has covered more ground this season than anybody else in the league and he can play a bit too

Lee pretty much ALWAYS plays in our best season for the last couple of decades

Carlos says he's a PL quality player who plays in the shadows and does so much unnoticed work for the team

Owlstalk experts: "DROP HIM"

Wallace --- Lee ---Bannan --- Forestieri

Hooper --- Nuhiu

Lee was dreadful last night.

He's brilliant at mincing about and pretending to look busy tho.

And I've never seen a midfielder so reluctant to shoot.

Other than that I'm a fan.

Dreadful?? Really?

Getting beyond our forwards and then clearing up behind the back four is "mincing about and pretending to look busy".

The 4th leading goal scorer this season and highest scorer that's not a forward is "a midfielder so reluctant to shoot".

Thanks for that.

Back to the OP'S sensible question.

If it was a choice between Lee and Lopez with Bannan in the middle I would take Lee. However, Lopez has proved he is capable the last few games and as some have said already we could keep Lee and Lopez in the middle and Bannan can go wide left. Also, Hutch is an option and like Bannan can play equally well (arguably better) elsewhere at centre back in his case. Could be v handy if there is now an injury doubt over Loovens.

Great to see genuine options of quality within our squad these days.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Bannan has been outstanding, but it would send out a poor message if he walked straight back in.

Bannan has been outstanding, but it would send out a poor message if he walked straight back in.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

As I say, Carlos manages this

I'd rest Lee on Saturday giving him 10 days tills the Ipswich game. There were 3 or 4 times last night where Lopez gave Lee the ball but Lee didn't drive on with his left foot, needing to cut back and slowed everything down whereas Bannan in that situation would have driven forward or put a cross in.

Lee pretty much ALWAYS plays in our best season for the last couple of decades

Carlos says he's a PL quality player who plays in the shadows and does so much unnoticed work for the team

Owlstalk experts: "DROP HIM"

Wallace --- Lee ---Bannan --- Forestieri

Hooper --- Nuhiu

Thats our strongest front six.