Lee or Lopez?

Bannan - classed as best central midfielder we've had since John Sheridan, yet people still want to stick him out wide  :duntmatter:

We've clearly missed Bannan in the middle, more especially the past 2 games. We need him up and running ready for the playoffs...get him back in. 6 games left for us to prepare

How have we "clearly missed Bannan" after 3 wins in 3 games and only 1 goal conceded?

Lee and Bannan in the middle hasn't been anywhere near as effective as some make out. As for playing on the left, he's performed well whenever he's played there.

Hutch has been excellent this season in midfield and defence. Maybe not the best option in midfield when we need to break down poorer sides who will sit in.

Not a popular view I admit, but I disagree. He has been excellent in defence, but not in midfield.

I hold my breath when he is tackling in midfield, and he offers less than three or four other players when we are going forward.

He looks a natural CB. In my opinion he does not look like a midfielder.

How have we "clearly missed Bannan" after 3 wins in 3 games and only 1 goal conceded?

Lee and Bannan in the middle hasn't been anywhere near as effective as some make out. As for playing on the left, he's performed well whenever he's played there.

It's clear to see. The past couple of games we haven't actually played that well, missing that bit of bite and drive in CM which Bannan provides.  Don't get me wrong, Lopez has done an ok job and I'm delighted we've managed to pick up full return, but you've got to remember who we've played in the past 3 games:

Charlton - garbage in the bottom

Huddersfield - garbage in bottom half

Blackburn - meh bottom half

We've definitely not looked ourselves without Bannan. If you look at clear cut chances as well, we've not had that many. Also personally feel Lee and Bannan have a better understanding than Lee and Lopez. They just seem to "click"

Lee will play because he does a job nobody else does. Where other options sit in he is all over the place, supports the attack , covers when others attack, breaks up play and can score, as long it is on his right foot!

It is amazing that wherever the ball is then so is Lee. Nobody else covers that amount of ground

I think he will drop Joao and play Bannan on the left! So think all three will start the next game!

I mentioned that last night, seems most logical thing since Looez has come in and done well.

I think he will drop Joao and play Bannan on the left! So think all three will start the next game!

I mentioned that last night, seems most logical thing since Lopez has come in and done well.

Assuming hutch is over his illness, I think Carlos will have a few section surprises depending on the opposition.

For example, we could very well see hutch in the middle against Ipswich, due to their physicality. While forestieri may be dropped wide if we need Dave upfront.

For me, in the Bristol game I'd go with:

Westwood, lees, hutch, pudil.

Wallace, Lee, Lopez, Bannan.

Forestieri, Joao.

Bench: Wildsmith, Bennett, Sasso, McGeady, Matias, Nuihu, Hooper.

That leaves the likes of Palmer, Mcgugan, Semedo, Turner (and loovens depending on his injury) out of the Matchday squad.

Whatever way we look at it or whoever Carlos goes with, we can field a strong 18 in each game. It's certainly (like the whole of this season) a great choice to have and such a refreshing change on bygone seasons......

Roll on the playoffs....

Not sure I'd risk starting with 10 men against Bristol City!!

Not sure I'd risk starting with 10 men against Bristol City!!

Haha. We don't need 11. Have heard Westwood is great at right back, playing goalie wag!! Hunt is there, just invisible like when defending the back post, haha.... good spot. It was getting on late last night what can I say.

I think we'll see a mixture of Bannan in the middle and out left with a free role, like we'll see forestieri up top or out wide. Hutch in midfield for bite or at the back to have composure from the backline. Carlos will definitely switch it up depending on the opponents strengths and weaknesses.

My only question was who partnered forestieri up top. Hooper has the more composure and link up play (getting it wide) but has been wasteful of late and not strong enough at times. So I'd give him a rest and use either joao if we want to get in behind or Nuihu if we want to hold it up more and they sit deep.

Whatever way it's done, we'll do as we have all season, work the opposition out in the first half and Carlos will change the plan it line up to exploit the weaknesses he sees.

such a difficult choice but one that has been welcomed. Our midfield are the best I have seen in 16 years. 

Id go 4-5-1 and in play:

Westwood

Palmer- Lees- Loovens- Pudil

wallace- lee- lopez- bannan- forestieri

Hooper

With FF and Wallace also changing to a 4-3-3 style too. Problem with the above is Hooper is not good on his own in my opinion and could hold us back goal wise. 

Basically Im telling you I have no idea how to make our best team anymore. Usually I say that because were rubbish now Im saying it because we are amazing! 

It's clear to see. The past couple of games we haven't actually played that well, missing that bit of bite and drive in CM which Bannan provides. Don't get me wrong, Lopez has done an ok job and I'm delighted we've managed to pick up full return, but you've got to remember who we've played in the past 3 games:

Charlton - garbage in the bottom

Huddersfield - garbage in bottom half

Blackburn - meh bottom half

We've definitely not looked ourselves without Bannan. If you look at clear cut chances as well, we've not had that many. Also personally feel Lee and Bannan have a better understanding than Lee and Lopez. They just seem to "click"

Our form with Lee and Bannan together in the middle has been patchy at best. Just doesn't work well for me. Takes away from Bannan's game. Lee isn't a defensive midfielder and likes to bomb forward, so Bannan has to play deeper than he really should.

With Lopez or Hutch playing that deeper role, it allows Lee or Bannan (or both) to influence the game further up the pitch. Which is where they are most effective.

I think CC will put Bannan back in, just hope it's not at the expense of Lopez.