Lee or Lopez?

Very difficult to change a winning team. 3 wins on the bounce I don't think even Bannan expects to come straight back into the team and rightly so.

Not hard to change the team that played tonight.

Trying to walk the ball in, lacked any significant threat up front when we created an awful lot.

We won, it was a good win but it certainly was not a top performance tonight    

I hope Loovens isn't out for long, because we wouldn't have dropped that goal if he'd have been on the pitch too.

Didn't rate Lopez. I was wrong. Two and a half superb games for us since the red card.

who saw this coming....

Bannan out + 3 wins from 3 + Lopez outstanding + selection dilema

But, Bannan has to play. I see Fessi and Hooper as not working, so for me it is:-

Wallace Lee Bannan Fessi

Hooper Nuhiu or Joao

And Lopez as a VERY unlucky guy to find himself in a squad with Lee and Bannan having the season of their life. But what a replacement when needed.

Poser isn't it?

We were talking about this straight after the game tonight..

Lopez has been excellent...

Three games without Bannan...Lets be honest we all thought "F.ook" when he got the 3 match ban....Won all 3

I would take Bannan outta the equation, cos I think he brings more than either Lee or Lopez...but.. crikey... its a conundrum..

LOpez and Banan?

Ok let me put this in another dimension.

The team today played the same way they have most of the season since we dropped the weird formation and acquired Forestieri.

The difference with Bannan is sheer speed of thought.    The pass happens when it needs to, it's not choreographed, and it's usually more precise too.

That is one key difference, and that's why I want to see Joao up front with Bannan somewhere in the side, because Joao scares the crap out of defenders and he just needs something a bit less haphazard to deal with, as do all the attackers.

Edited by salmonbones

Assuming hutch is over his illness, I think Carlos will have a few section surprises depending on the opposition.

For example, we could very well see hutch in the middle against Ipswich, due to their physicality. While forestieri may be dropped wide if we need Dave upfront.

For me, in the Bristol game I'd go with:

Westwood, lees, hutch, pudil.

Wallace, Lee, Lopez, Bannan.

Forestieri, Joao.

Bench: Wildsmith, Bennett, Sasso, McGeady, Matias, Nuihu, Hooper.

That leaves the likes of Palmer, Mcgugan, Semedo, Turner (and loovens depending on his injury) out of the Matchday squad.

Whatever way we look at it or whoever Carlos goes with, we can field a strong 18 in each game. It's certainly (like the whole of this season) a great choice to have and such a refreshing change on bygone seasons......

Roll on the playoffs....

Edited by splan80

Let's not forget, results have improved with Lopez and Lee in midfield.

Ok we beat Forest with Bannan and Lee in there, but generally it hasn't been working too well for us.

Rotherham, QPR, Preston, Burnley. Struggled in those games.

Think we need Hutch or Lopez in the middle personally.

Hutch/Lee

Hutch/Bannan

Lopez/Lee

Lopez/Bannan

Oh how brilliant it is having this sort of a discussion. It shows how well we're doing at the minute when arguably our second highest performing player of the season might not go straight back in to the squad. Our squad is absolutely frighteningly full of strength and depth.

We've won every game since Bannan was suspended. Would be a poor piece of management to bring him straight back in.

Bannan has been outstanding, but it would send out a poor message if he walked straight back in.

90% of the time I'd completely agree, but with our current squad and Carlos' already well-known tendency to (successfully) rotate a winning side I'd be very surprised if Bannan didn't start the next game.

I'm almost certain that Carlos will have looked at this enforced lay-off in a positive frame of mind, as a way to allow Bannan to get some much needed rest and be ready to come back even stronger for the run in.

Bannan - classed as best central midfielder we've had since John Sheridan, yet people still want to stick him out wide  :duntmatter:

We've clearly missed Bannan in the middle, more especially the past 2 games. We need him up and running ready for the playoffs...get him back in. 6 games left for us to prepare

Let's not forget, results have improved with Lopez and Lee in midfield.

Ok we beat Forest with Bannan and Lee in there, but generally it hasn't been working too well for us.

Rotherham, QPR, Preston, Burnley. Struggled in those games.

Think we need Hutch or Lopez in the middle personally.

Hutch/Lee

Hutch/Bannan

Lopez/Lee

Lopez/Bannan

Lee / Bannan have done it over almost the éntire season. Hutch îs behind Bannan, Lee and Lopez in the pecking order. What on earth was he doing v Charlton?