The Owls vs Blackburn Rovers. Official Matchday Thread

bazZuUl.png          xeLNENl.png     

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

The town of Blackburn was founded in 10 million BC by a caveman, but he and his wives left behind no other evidence of their habitation than a Styrofoam cup with a tab end in it.

More recently in 1832 the Government decided to section off an area  for industrial activities. Hundreds of cotton mills were built or flown in, some having to be stacked on top of one another, due to lack of space. Unfortunately in the last fifty years or so, the demand for cotton has fallen as Kappa tracksuits started to be produced from crude oil by-products.

wFlYf7o.jpg

Blackburn residents do not believe in the physics of planet earth as we know it. They simply believe that it is a small flat island floating through space. This is why no citizen of Blackburn has ever travelled beyond the limits of the town boundary for fear that they may fall off. This theory has existed since the very dawn of time and has been embellished by the local educational establishments, instilling those beliefs in the townsfolk from birth onwards. There have been unconfirmed reports of the townspeople taking it upon themselves to foolishly attempt the journey to the unknown (a.k.a. bus into Darwen) although none have made it so far.

CgXJsWS.jpg

Several large companies have been in talks with Blackburn Council regarding the purchase of the town. German supermarket giant Lidl is one of those bidders. If successful, they plan to evacuate all residents to a specially constructed shelter beneath the town. Blackburn will then be transformed into one giant Lidl store, with aisles the size of cruise ships. The cheese counter alone will be bigger than the deck of an aircraft carrier with a selection of more than 25,000 cheeses. The Bakery section will stretch for six miles with baguettes the size of a single decker bus.....fully loaded with Peppereperporoni.

They also have a football team which is how we come to playing them today.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Hillsborough Stadium, Shefffield.
Kick Off: Tuesday the 5th of April at 19:45.

Matchday Apparel: Home shirt. Massive flags. No synthesisers.

Matchday Drink: 16 pints of beer and being late for work tomorrow again…Probobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobarbly.

Matchday Pie: Lambert with even more Mintyness sauce.

Matchday Song: Party Up In Here by Brides of Funkenstein…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Barry Bannan is out for Sheffield Wednesday as he completes his three-match ban for a red card against Nottingham Forest. Wednesday are still missing Filipe Melo, who has a knee injury, and Modou Sougou, who has a shoulder problem.

Blackburn defender Shane Duffy serves a one-game ban from his sending-off against Preston at the weekend. Defender Grant Hanley is back after a one-match ban and Jason Lowe (foot) could play his first game since August.

NDL2Et4.png Head to Head L8CU1lQ.png

â–ª The Owls have lost only one of their last eight home league games against Blackburn but this was the most recent time they hosted them in March 2015 (W3 D4).

â–ª Blackburn Rovers have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight visits to Hillsborough in the league.

â–ª No team has scored more goals at home than Sheffield Wednesday (36) in the Championship this season.

â–ª Blackburn have scored just five goals across their previous 10 away games in the league - fewer than any other team.

IGdl7VA.png

My prediction: Blackburn are rubbish and currently in debt to the tune of 102 million pounds so 3 - 0 to us. Hooper back on track, Fernando with a screamer and a McGugan tap in on 84 minutes.

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“I never said that I like to take goals, I said I prefer to win 5-4 than 1-0 and I still say the same. If you don’t do mistakes on the defensive side of the game then I am happy but not all the goals belong to defensive mistakes, it can be the quality of the opponent. If the quality of the opposites can do five goals against us and if our quality can do six, then I prefer to win 6-5 than 1-0.

W1aLFu9.jpg

But if you ask me do I like not to concede any goals then of course I like it. But to be happy we must score the minimum of one goal to win because our first priority is to win the games. I am here in the role of the coach, I am not a defender anymore and this is my philosophy. I like to do goals and play attractive football and for my players to express the talent they have.

The players deserve what they are living at the moment, they have been fantastic, all of them. All of them are improving, they are better players with better value in this moment individually because the collective is working.”

MINTYNESS

Protected by Tay Tay and the Giant Shadow Llama...

LSMgsna.gif

Tay-Tay - check

Giant Shadow Llama - check

Matchday thread on time - check

Fernando Forestieri not suspended - check

Great thread.

We'll win.

Come on Wednesday!

The more I look at the llama the better & more realistic it gets.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest minsk owl

Love it !!

bus into Darwen  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Big night tonight, if everything else goes our way 

4 - 0 Wednesday, .........  McGugan with all four , from wherever Pauli said last time

post-38035-0-43108200-1459811304.gif

Great OMDT Pauli, just one point though, whaddaya mean No synthesisers? Now ordinarily I don't mind, but don't you dare think of starting on guitars next otherwise I will go on strike (every man has his limits)!

Anyway let's gerrintoem and make this one count, need to keep winning to put distance between them wot's behind us and take advantage of any slip ups by them lots ahead of us!

C'mon Wednesday - No Prisoners - No Prisoners!

Morning.  

Nice one Pauli.   :biggrin:

Another win coming up to make it 4 on the bounce, goals goals goals are a coming.  4 nil to Wednesday.  Loovens, Joao, Forestieri and Hooper with the goals.  

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Great one Pauli.

For anyone who has never been to Blackburn, Pauli has simply copied and pasted from their 2016 Tourism Guide.

Due to internationals and a holiday its my first taste of Wednesday for 3 weeks. Cant wait.

3-0 Hooper Fernando Nuhiu

Styrofoam cups,   :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: forgot all about those things, but your right if you came across one they always had some tea dregs a but end and a bite out of the rim.

Oh for the good old days   :ph34r:.

Nice one Pauli, perfect matchday thread for a perfect matchday performance from the Wednesday Wizards.