Mitre Goal of the year

reyt

HISTORY%20WORLD%20CUP%20BALLS%203.jpg

Those Adidas balls became popular because of FIFA marketing at the World Cup tournaments. Balls like the Mitre Multiplex are lengendary without marketing purely because they were durable, had a wonderful "feel", a natural weight about them and a true bounce.

I played "league" football from a child in the 1970s through to retirement (from 11-a-side) in the early 2000's and 99.9% of the games were played with a Mitre ball. There's a reason for that.

Whatever happened to laces? Nah, when I were a lad they were real footballs, not these ere beach ball things. When tha headed one of them, tha knew abart it. Kids today don't know they're born.

Edited by lesbarbeux

Whatever happened to laces? Nah, when I were a lad they were real footballs, not these ere beach ball things. When tha headed one of them, tha knew abart it. Kids today don't know they're born.

ha took me 20 years to get rid of the lace marks in me forehead ,these young uns wouldn't move it a foot especially if it was wet  twas like a cannon ball on steroids  lol