Jack Payne - Southend

Guest dunellaowl

payne, che Adams and Billy the fish, the only good players out of 22.

Thank fu(k we ain't watching that every week

Why would any self respecting Wednesdayite watch a pig game unles they were playing against us (or being paid by us) ?

Unbelievable Jeff, can't get mi breath !

I watched the second half and cheered Southend on like a long lost brother. Phil Brown said it all when he talked of the blades budget being 4 times bigger than theirs but his team put a real shift in.

Mind the gap.

Guest hirsty9

I also watched the Southend match last night, and jack payne stood out, because hes got a natural ability and skill. If youve got that you can play against anybody and stand out.

He's one of those whose career could take a curve anywhere between Lluongo's or Alli's. If he can be got on a free or very cheaply, I think any club in the Championship would be mad not to approach him and make an offer. If we're in the Champ next season and he doesn't sign a new contract with Southend, I'd say he would be worth a go- but obviously I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't get him, it' just nice to have promising young talent on the bench

Loads of Blades booked trains and hotels originally for the Saturday night to watch match and then Paul Heaton had a gig in Southend too and they couldn't get refunds for hotels or trains at that late stage. Then Sky changed the match to be last night late on and people couldn't get refunds. I would've been furious tbf. Then they lose 3-1 anyway.

Sky tail tugging tuggers, shouldn't be allowed to do that.

Apparantly some disgusting chants from united fans tonight in relation to us...any one hear what they were singing?

i love this.

Losing to Southend, watching yet another season in the 3rd division looming and all they can do is sing about us.

In the words of the inspiral carpets. This is how it feels to be lonely, this is how it how feels to be small, this is how it feels when your world means nothing at all.

Mind the gap you irrelevant scrubbers.

Loads of Blades booked trains and hotels originally for the Saturday night to watch match and then Paul Heaton had a gig in Southend too and they couldn't get refunds for hotels or trains at that late stage. Then Sky changed the match to be last night late on and people couldn't get refunds. I would've been furious tbf. Then they lose 3-1 anyway.

Sky tail tugging tuggers, shouldn't be allowed to do that.

Match would've been Monday not Saturday

i love this.

Losing to Southend, watching yet another season in the 3rd division looming and all they can do is sing about us.

In the words of the inspiral carpets. This is how it feels to be lonely, this is how it how feels to be small, this is how it feels when your world means nothing at all.

Mind the gap you irrelevant scrubbers.

Tbf, we're having our best season in years and we still sing about them, so it's not just a one way thing is it?

I'm disappointed with the blades this season, no imaginative end of season wee wee tail up this season to enjoy.  Just a whimper, no making the plays off's, or getting to the finals.

Suppose it will be left up to us to entertain the country with our free flowing (willing to hoof it if it merits a hoof) football.  I haven't being to the new Wembley yet, just the thought of sitting on red seats makes me feel all yucky though.

Confident that if we make it to the play offs, then we are as good anyone, on our day to come through victorious.  After all we do have a 100% record in play off's, whats united winning percentage?  

Never mind i bet that next season they will walk the league, as they are light years ahead from every other club in Division 3, what could possibly go wrong?

Why would any self respecting Wednesdayite watch a pig game unles they were playing against us (or being paid by us) ?

Unbelievable Jeff, can't get mi breath !

You've got to be kidding!!

They've provided some of the best comedy gold moments in living memory, last night being no exception.

Dead & buried against Wolves by half time in the play offs.

Simmondsen ball still in orbit!

Mind the gap!

etc etc etc ad infinitum!

As has frequently been said on here, "The gift that keeps on giving".

Why would you want to miss it, they never fail to fail.

Entertainment at its best!