Best player you have seen live?

Guest duediligence

Having followed the Owls away in the 1970's I saw a lot of players score against us! The Man City side with Colin Bell, Francis Lee and Mike Summerbee were a great side to watch. Also went darn Tottenham for FA Cup tie, got stuffed by them 4-1, remember thinking this is boys against men, Martin Chivers, Alan Mullery, Steve Perryman, Jimmy Neighbour (I think?).

Barring them Best , Law ,Charlton, Marsh, Tricky Trev for Birmingham when he was 16/17 and Michael Owen scoring 6 for England Schools v Belgium at Plymouth Argyle,then saw him score 3 at Hillsborough in that 3-3 draw...very quick!

Waddle vs West Ham (best individual performance I've ever seen)

Klinsmann at Hillsborough (just knew he would score, then that header) quality player

David ginola (took p1ss every time he played against us) quality

Have to agree with you on ginola. Saw us beat tottenham 3-0 at white hart lane and could have been 5 or 6. The only tottenham player who turned up that day was ginola and for me was man of the match but it was like him alone against 11 wednesday players. Every bit as good as di canio in my estimation

Waddle vs West Ham (best individual performance I've ever seen)

It sort of goes against me voting for Gazza as the best I've seen but I can go for the Waddle vs West Ham game.  I have never seen anybody turn so many players inside out as Waddle did that day.  David Burrows had a cauliflower arse at the final whistle due to the number of times that Waddle put him on it. 

Got to be George Best, saw Pele but can't really remember it, still got the programme though.

In a blue and white shirt.......Roland or Des or Chris Waddle

Lee Sharpe went past Roland like he wasn't there in the first 30 seconds in 1991................................never had another kick.

Went to the W.Germany Uruguay match in 66 at our place with some of my German family,Beckenbaur and especially Uwe Seeler were class,with Wolfgang Overath not far behind,they went 1 up after about 10 mins,and really went to town in the last 20,just ripped Uruguay to bits,Seeler was on fire scored and laid two on on a plate,Sigi Held created the other two.

Edited by legendaryswan

Probably best non Wednesday player i saw was Pele (the first Santos match) although at the time i hadn't seen as much football as i have now to form a meaningful comparison.

Best Wednesday performance (not maybe absolute best ever player) Waddle taking the p**s against West Ham.

Also Warhurst in the play offs after Trev had turned him into a striker. Massively under rated!