Best player you have seen live?

Guest duediligence

Yet you can't remember seeing him doing owt ? Believe the hype, believe the player...

Anybody who's seen Messi do his stuff, will know there's been no one to compare. It's just, in the two games I witnessed against Malaga, he wasn't at his best. Barca often struggle against Malaga, and although they won one, and drew the other, Messi and his teammates weren't too impressive in either game.

Anybody who's seen Messi do his stuff, will know there's been no one to compare. It's just, in the two games I witnessed against Malaga, he wasn't at his best. Barca often struggle against Malaga, and although they won one, and drew the other, Messi and his teammates weren't too impressive in either game.

Suppose I've backed your theory up abit there with my yaya comment, he was unplayable that night.

The 3-3 game was in February 1998 - you may be thinking of the following season when we beat Liverpool 1-0 in the final home game of 98/99.

Edit - or the final game of the previous 96/97 season when we had an outside chance of Europe but were denied when Matt Clarke was wrongly sent off late on and they scored the free kick to get a draw.

Yeh it was winter time the "owen" game. Pure class

I asked a friend of mine who has played for Villa and Forest who was the best player he ever played against and he said Gullit (who was playing for PSV at the time).

Franz Carr? He's the only bloke I can think of that was at Forest when they played the PSV friendly in '87 that also played for Villa. But he'd have been a very young Forest player at that point.

Franz Beckenbauer against the Swiss at Hillsbro in 1966.

A mere 50 years ago yet I can still bring to mind how he effortlessly controlled the match from deep yet still managed to score 2 goals.  At the time and having watched us for about 5 years, I'd never previously seen a performance like it.

Live performance Michael Owen February 1998

Best footballer live Messi I never thought I would be unfaithful to George Best but I think the bar has been raised and he is the greatest.

Notable others

George Best

Ronaldo both of them

Gullit

Gazza

Shearer

Beckham

One's that I don't think have been mentioned

Peter Beardsley

Peter Shilton

Neville Southall

Best Wednesday player