King Carlos

Didn't someone on here say he's been viewing properties. If he is, I doubt he's looking to be off anytime soon.

was it Lee Bullen?

I would be sad if CC left at the end of the season. But, if that did happen not only do we have a wealthy owner we have a much higher profile and could probabarbably find a higher level replacement than we've been used to in recent years. All that said, I don't want CC to leave.

I could actually see Carlos managing a really big team in this country, not his next job because i think Swansea might come back in now that other guys left through illness. But i really think he could manage any team. Maybe Arsenals next manager ? Who knows.

I wouldn't try and read too much into what he says in these interviews as he's already stated that he's not worried about long term contracts or whether a club decides keep him or to let him go. He seems very comfortable in his own ability and skin and I genuinely believe he's happy to just manage in the present.

Irrespective of whether we go up this season I'm more than happy to witness the brand of football he's brought to the club and I hope he sticks around. That said we all know the knives will be out from some if we fade away this season.

I hope he stays. Previously I've been worried that if by some miracle we scrape up through the play offs, we would get regularly humiliated in the top division, however I've every confidence that should we get up through the play offs Carlos could put together a team that would make us genuinely competitive. 

I hope he stays. Previously I've been worried that if by some miracle we scrape up through the play offs, we would get regularly humiliated in the top division, however I've every confidence that should we get up through the play offs Carlos could put together a team that would make us genuinely competitive.

this. Sadly, he did seem interested in the Swansea job when linked and i think that if any prem side come in for him he'll be gone

this. Sadly, he did seem interested in the Swansea job when linked and i think that if any prem side come in for him he'll be gone

Fair enough really. Can't see him leaving to any other club if we are in the Premier League though.

Who says Chansiri has offered him a new contract?

I like Carlos, think he has done a good job, but if we go up we're going to want an experienced top flight manager.

Not saying I don't think Carlos could hack the prem, just that Chansiri won't let sentiment get in the way of good business.

I like Carlos, think he has done a good job, but if we go up we're going to want an experienced top flight manager.

Not saying I don't think Carlos could hack the prem, just that Chansiri won't let sentiment get in the way of good business.

But people said that we would need a manager with experience in the Championship to succeed in this division. I would say that so far Carlos is proving those people wrong.

If we got promoted and Carlos left I am almost 100% sure Chansiri would go for another foreign manager and not someone with a lot of Premier League experience, particularly seeing how well this has gone.

If we got promoted and Carlos left I am almost 100% sure Chansiri would go for another foreign manager and not someone with a lot of Premier League experience, particularly seeing how well this has gone.

Agree he would go for a foreign manager. But. A foreign manager with experience of keeping a team in the top flight against the odds.

Hmmm, that's an interesting theory.  My view has been that clearly the most likely outcome for this season is defeat in the playoffs.  That's enough to make CC of interest to premier clubs recruiting in the near future: possibly Swansea; possibly Palace; possibly WBA, which isn't the happiest of ships.  There's serious risk.

I agree Chansiri won't be sentimental.  Saints did the right thing to replace Adkins, though no one realised it at the time.  Pigs should have paid off Colin: good at lower levels, can't do top flight.  But I really don't see why you'd replace CC.  Can handle talent, can build squad spirit, develop players; good at the politics; learns.  At the very least you need a convincing name.  I can't think of one.

I think when you've managed on the continent, and given the way things are turning out in the English game, Carlos would have been very foolish to move his family over here. 

Also, the fact is nobody can maintain the working life he is reported to be keeping. He will burn out if he's not careful

So probably there might be some changes coming - maybe an assistant (or assistants) taking a bigger role and him effectively becoming director of football.

Who knows...

IF he does go, I can see Brendan Rodgers coming in...