King Carlos

Maybe I am reading too much into things but listening to Carvalhals interviews lately I cant help but worry that he will be off at the end of the season. He has refused to comment on his future at the club and he does have the reputation of not sticking around for too long. One think caught my attention in particular in yesterdays post match interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03nbdxv

Skip to around 9:10 when Carlos is asked how much he is enjoying his first season in English football...

We are working very hard, me and my staff. I think we deserve also (credit?) with what we are leaving. I think the future will be better than the present because we are working hard so far.

Maybe I am wrong and what he was saying got lost in translation, but either way I think that its imperative that we tie him down to a long term contract. I know that managers contracts don't carry much weight these days and he could still leave should a better offer come along, but he has laid the foundations for a strong future and we need him continue with the great work that he has started

Maybe I am reading too much into things but listening to Carvalhals interviews lately I cant help but worry that he will be off at the end of the season. He has refused to comment on his future at the club and he does have the reputation of not sticking around for too long. One think caught my attention in particular in yesterdays post match interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03nbdxv

Skip to around 9:10 when Carlos is asked how much he is enjoying his first season in English football...

Maybe I am wrong and what he was saying got lost in translation, but either way I think that its imperative that we tie him down to a long term contract. I know that managers contracts don't carry much weight these days and he could still leave should a better offer come along, but he has laid the foundations for a strong future and we need him continue with the great work that he has started

i think he meant he feels they've earned the success this season with all the effort they are putting in.

he speaks very fast and with english being his second language misses words out and sometimes puts the wrong word in.

he seems pretty happy and very much putting his heart and soul into the club... i hope he stays this motivated and we manage to keep him. he's a real breath of fresh air as far as Wednesday managers go. scientific approach, tries new things, his subs really change the dynamics of a game, is emotional but doesn't let all the atrocious decisions against us get to him.

whoever scouted him needs a knighthood! based on what we've seen from him so far its a wonder that he only had short terms at other clubs. best manager, by a long way, of my time at wednesday (from about 94)

Edited by Blue n White Rampage

It would be a strange decision for him to leave. Managers are just hired hands on the continent. One year, move on, even if you have done well. Not many last for long. 

In England we don't work that way...yet.

Carlos is appreciated by the fans, loved by many. The owner seems to think he is doing a good job.

He could be here for a few years if things carry on improving.

I seem to remember he hadn't had a managers job for 3 years before he came here. Why would he want to go back to unemployment?

Chansiri is still the main reason for our success but Carlos is a star, get us into the Premiership and he will be a legend.

Edited by prowl

Long live the king!

post-37726-0-79318800-1458474587.png

From the outside looking in, it appears that Carlos is having the time of his life managing us at the moment, and why wouldn't he be? He has the backing of a wealthy owner who has allowed him to bring in some quality players; the infamous 'committee' has fallen by the wayside, giving him more freedom in who he signs; his team are capable of some of the most exciting attacking football in the division; and he's in with a shout of promotion to the world's most popular and lucrative league within 12 months of signing his contract.

If push comes to shove, I'm sure Chansiri would pull out all the stops to keep him - after all, we have the potential to be bigger than many of the current Premier League clubs should we gain promotion, and I'm sure Chansiri has spelled this out to Carlos on many an occasion. Of the kind of clubs that may come in for him, there aren't too many who I'd be worried about convincing Carlos to leave. He could jump to the likes of Swansea, Norwich or Palace, for example, only to see a resurgent Wednesday overtake his new club the following year and never look back.

Of course there are no guarantees, but if you look at the potential of this club under Chansiri, he must realise he's on to a good thing here.

Basically, what I'm saying is: 'F*ck off United, City, Borough, Rovers, County, Wanderers et al... this Carlos is ours!'

post-37726-0-02333900-1458474592.jpg

Hope not. If we don't get promoted this season, I feel our best chance of going up next year will be with a manager that has had time to build the squad and philosophy of playing as Carlos has done, rather than bringing someone in and expecting them to hit the ground running with only 6 weeks of pre-season preparation time.  

Two things to think about when considering our manager's position:

His wife and family are all still in Portugal.

And...

If we're still in the Championship next season and he gets an offer to manage a club in the PL

the lure may be too much for him to turn down.

It's the biggest, most popular league in the world, where even "smaller" clubs have money to burn.

Would he spurn what could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?

After all, things could go wrong at Wednesday (ie. no promotion...) and he could quickly find himself on the dole with a diminished reputation.

As always, things change in Football. watch the tide turn if we don't go up and we start badly next season. They'll be loads on here wanting a change.

Carlos knows this as do all managers; and it's why I wouldn't blame him if he moved on. It's all about his personal stock and he's driving this up at the moment which it is also benefiting us.

Because nothing has been said about the length of his contract  I firmly believe it has to be a rolling one, no other explanation would cover the

way that DC has worked so far, first with his three man committee, to dismantle it once he was satisfied job done, two of them, Roeder, Adam

Pearson, shown the door after Stuart Gray was relieved of his duties, no long term contracts there, his remit (CC) is secretly (or not so secretly)

to get promotion, if he is able to do that this season I think then he will be given a contract, if not he could be on his way, this would suit both

parties as I believe other clubs have seen what a GEM he is, just hope that DC does not think he can replace CC as easy as he replaced Stuart

Gray. To be honest he got lucky with the appointment of CC, may not be so lucky next time round.

Edited by daleblue

I love Carlos and he has done an incredible job so far.

However, Chansiri found him who no-one on this site had ever heard of. If the worst comes to the worst and Carlos leaves there is no doubt in my mind that Chansiri will find us another fantastic head coach.

In the interview just after the 'leaving' bit Carlos also mentions the present and working hard so far. That does not sound like a man who is on his bike.

I hope he signs a new long term contract and his family come over as well.