Simon Terrode - Striker

Taken from The Sun online:

DERBY are scrapping it out with a host of Championship clubs to snap up German hitman Simon Terodde in the summer.

Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton are also in the hunt to sign the VFL Bochum striker, who has netted 17 goals in Germany's second tier this season.

The 6ft4ins powerhouse, 28, has just a year left on his contract after this campaign and is set to available for a bargain £1.5million.

Sounds like some business that we would do, not Derby IMHO. 

There's only one Simon Terodde

Does his name rhyme with Bill Oddie?

Or is it like 'road'?

No bugger knows

I'm just gonna call him Burt.

UTO :biggrin:

I suppose if he's German it will be pronounced Terrauddeh ... with the h silent and the "au" pronounced in the Sheffield way not the German "ow".  That's as near as I can represent it.

17 goals in 25 games is excellent any level, and £1.5 million is not a huge fee.

Having said that, if we are looking for an upgrade on Nuhiu I would prefer to see us sign someone who has already done tge business at this level.

Another video of Terrode from a few years ago

Just read this good article about him http://bundesligafanatic.com/simon-terrode-and-vfl-bochum-a-perfect-marriage/

This is the summary

The question occurs why Simon Terrode does not play in the Bundesliga? Since 2011 he scored (combined FC Union Berlin and VfL Bochum) 44 goals, which is no doubt a good average. Last summer, Hertha BSC and FSV Mainz 05 wanted to sign Terrode, but the deals were not finalized. It was a matter of money. Rumours said that Mainz and Berlin only wanted to pay about 5 million Euro. VfL Bochum wanted a two digit number. Although Terrode’s advisor said the aim for him must be the Bundesliga, he stayed in Bochum.

Another reason the striker may keep the blue-and-white jersey: maybe he is just too big for the Bundesliga. Could this be an answer? Maybe! Simon Terrode is a so-called “klassischer Mittelstürmer”. His moving range is not compatible with the system many Bundesliga-clubs prefer right now. Some clubs perform without a classical striker and prefer flexible and mobile players like Yunus Malli (FSC Mainz 05). Others – for example Hertha BSC or Hamburger SV – already have good strikers like Vedad Ibisevic, Salomon Kalou, or Pierre-Michel Lasogga. I could imagine Simon Terrode playing for a club like Mainz, Hamburg, or Berlin. He has that potential for those clubs. There simply is no place for him right now.

VfL Bochum has had better days, no doubt. There is a famous song for this football club, which was invented by its own supporters.

“Wir steigen auf, wir steigen ab und zwischendurch UEFA-Cup”
(“We get promoted, we get relegated, and now and then UEFA-Cup”)

17 goals in 25 games is excellent any level, and £1.5 million is not a huge fee.

Having said that, if we are looking for an upgrade on Nuhiu I would prefer to see us sign someone who has already done tge business at this level.

Another video of Terrode from a few years ago

[/size]

Yes, I would think if we are going to add a striker to the first team pool, they have to be better than at least one of the options. Personally, I can't see much better out there than Oliveira. He's proven himself at this level, and it's not just his goals, it's the way he brings others into the game, he's a very clever player. Imagine him linking up with Hooper and Forestieri, they'd be awesome. Carlos is a known admirer, and it's a deal that could happen in the summer Edited by gurujuan

Yes, I would think if we are going to add a striker to the first team pool, they have to be better than at least one of the options. Personally, I can't see much better out there than Oliveira. He's proven himself at this level, and it not just his goals, it's the way he brings others into the game, he's a very clever player. Imagine him linking up with Hooper and Forestieri, they'd be awesome. Carlos is a known admirer, and it's a deal that could happen in the summer

I agree, always rated Oliviera. After a quick look realised he is only 24. Thought he was much older than that.

Carlos, sign him up!

Sheffield is twinned with Bochum so it's a no brainier for him....,,,,,,, he'll join Derby!

I've been to Bochum twice and watched them play Bayern Munich once, they lost 2-0 Karl heinze ruminigger was playing for Bayern. That's how long ago it was!!! Cool story!

We were linked with the German who ended up at burnley too, but he hasn't really hit it off there. I darent get my hopes up unless they've been scoring a lot of goals in England.

I think we need a bit of height and aggression in there in the future though to compete with Nuhiu