What are we missing?

Wingers not good enough, right back not good enough. Kieron lee is a one trick pony that's been found out, Lopez time for me. Not even going to start on our prolific number 9. Bored if going on about him. He's absolutely carp

Could have done with Helan to give us a bit of pace and get round the back.Hardly got to the by-line all day .McGeady and Wallace didn't seem to want to take on the backs for some reason and considering we'd had a full week since the Hull game , I cant understand why they all looked knackered from kick-off.

Warnock does us again - why wont this guy go back to his farm and stay there .

Hindsight is showing letting Helan go out on loan was a bad move. Not a goal scorer, sometimes quite lazy but bring him on and his challenging runs could change the game completely. Possible error there by CC. However Joao certainly looked lively enough - should he have started before Nuhiu now the damp and cold weather has gone?

yep nuhiu despite his size isn't really able to shrug of markers without giving perceived fouls away  yet he can be assaulted from 2 directions and gets nothing

Thought the opposite, thought the ref gave Noo Noo some overgenerous fouls, yesterday

If there's a 5 yard chase for the ball, Noo Noo knows he aint gonna win the chase, blocks the opposition then puts the brakes on and then falls over, when contact.

Quite clever, but a lot of refs don't buy. Noo Noo falling to the ground and appealing, doesn't mean he's been fouled. Good refs don't buy it.

He was probably denied a geniune penalty at Shrewsbury because of it.

Hindsight is showing letting Helan go out on loan was a bad move. Not a goal scorer, sometimes quite lazy but bring him on and his challenging runs could change the game completely. Possible error there by CC. However Joao certainly looked lively enough - should he have started before Nuhiu now the damp and cold weather has gone?

It might have gone in Bahrain, but there's still enough damp and cold weather around here

There seems to be something missing now from the team

It's a bit lopsided and unsettled and today for example there didn't seem to be much of a plan 

What do you think we're lacking?

A top class striker with pace to compliment G Hopper.

A top class striker with pace to compliment G Hopper.

Always did and still do.

A lot of people thought it was always a choice between Hooper & 'A' another, when it should have been Hooper and 'A' another. 

The comparison was made with 3 mill for Hooper & 9 mill for Rhodes and turned it into a debate about relative monetary values rather than what either or both could bring to the team.

I'm afraid if you want absolute genuine 20 goals a season quality you have to pay for it. Boro did, we didn't! 

Thought the opposite, thought the ref gave Noo Noo some overgenerous fouls, yesterday

If there's a 5 yard chase for the ball, Noo Noo knows he aint gonna win the chase, blocks the opposition then puts the brakes on and then falls over, when contact.

Quite clever, but a lot of refs don't buy. Noo Noo falling to the ground and appealing, doesn't mean he's been fouled. Good refs don't buy it.

actually you're right about yesterday he did actually get a foul prob undeserved  but over the season never in the box or dangerous areas  when he's actually been forearm smashed in the neck and the ref saw nothing  

Physicality for me. We hardly win any 50-50 balls, hardly any second balls. Lee, McGeady, Wallace, Hooper even Bannan sometimes all wimp out of challenges. Watch again the one when Wallace hit the bar yesterday. Lee was closest to the dropping ball but was shrugged off easily the Hooper (I think) just lets their centre back head it away when he should have got his body in the way. We miss Hutch in games like yesterday and I was surprised not to see Semedo at some point.

Say what you want about him but I think this is why the players like Nuhiu so much he offers a physicality that we don't have with anyone else.

Did any of you lot actually go to the match? Yesterday wasn't a question of "what we're missing". Yesterday EVERY cross was too long, too high and had poor accuracy, the passes were either wasteful or were passed too far which ended up with a Rotherham player picking it up, hardly anyone was battling for the ball, hardly anyone was pressing for the ball. Players were waiting for each other to pick up the ball instead of doing it themselves, which is what happened for their goal, Westwood was expecting the defence to get the ball and the defense were expecting him to get the ball, communication broke down all over the pitch. We were cutting into the middle far too much which became predictable and the Rotherham players were able to anticipate it and get into position to neutralise us.

Basically, everything we're normally good at we were for some reason terrible at. They looked like they had never played together before as well.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Did any of you lot actually go to the match? Yesterday wasn't a question of "what we're missing". Yesterday EVERY cross was too long, too high and had poor accuracy, the passes were either wasteful or were passed too far which ended up with a Rotherham player picking it up, hardly anyone was battling for the ball, hardly anyone was pressing for the ball. Players were waiting for each other to pick up the ball instead of doing it themselves, which is what happened for their goal, Westwood was expecting the defence to get the ball and the defense were expecting him to get the ball, communication broke down all over the pitch. We were cutting into the middle far too much which became predictable and the Rotherham players were able to anticipate it and get into position to neutralise us.

Basically, everything we're normally good at we were for some reason terrible at. They looked like they had never played together before as well.

tbh mate seen most of your comments and agreed with them on here and other places so many things wrong yesterday  and on top of that the slow slow start  where we give the opposition easy chances to score in the first 10 mins  that needs to be addressed it's happening most matches

Given we had no Hutch and no Fessi and we were chasing the game from 46th minute the obvious miss was Jeremy Helan, He would have given us a little more balance and a lot more pace.

However, we didn't get the rub and we didn't get the officiating for a worrying 4th week in a row.

we were 'chasing the game from the 46th' minute' 'cos as promotion contenders at home to serious 'relegation candidates', we hadn't put them in their place by then...

tbh, if they score in the 46th. minute then it should be 3-1 or 4-1...

carlos needs to understand he's not on the continent now...

you can't play 'drudge' football at home against lowly opposition in england...

if you don't attack them, they will attack you, it's how OUR game is played...

BATTER the c***z from the off, 3-0 after 20 mins, then 'play football', it's not rocket science...

Physicality for me. We hardly win any 50-50 balls, hardly any second balls. Lee, McGeady, Wallace, Hooper even Bannan sometimes all wimp out of challenges. Watch again the one when Wallace hit the bar yesterday. Lee was closest to the dropping ball but was shrugged off easily the Hooper (I think) just lets their centre back head it away when he should have got his body in the way. We miss Hutch in games like yesterday and I was surprised not to see Semedo at some point.

Say what you want about him but I think this is why the players like Nuhiu so much he offers a physicality that we don't have with anyone else.

we are a small side...

and over a season in the 'english championship' that will cost us... 

i think you find a lot of free kicks and penalties are 'won' by that tactic...

and what's a 'good ref'????

it's a long time since i saw one who's good, and consistent...

Guest Kameron

Does anyone think Carlos rotates the players too much?

Yes and no, Semedo would have done a much needed job yesterday but doesn't  even make the match day squad.  Do we do our homework?  CC can be excused for not knowing how Warnock operates but the guy at the side of him (Bullen) knows all about him.  Some odd decisions lately have coincided with a dip in form.  Signing a completely unfit McGeady, letting our only player with genuine pace Helen go out on loan and being caught out by Warnock when everyone knew how he would set Rotherham up. Rotherham, Mk Dons and Charlton need to be matched for presence, graft and commitment and wont be beaten with a midfield full of midgets.  Horses for courses but give us a chance a select the right f**king horse.