What are we missing?

same as all season, a PL quality CM to play alongside Bannan, a decent target man such as Crouch and a pacey winger. Would probably throw in there a defender that can score.

Half-way there imo

Get rid of Matias, Lopez, Songou and a few other in the close season and push on

As above. Needed another forward even when we signed hooper

Absolutely right. Not being wise after the event i said this at the time.

People said at the time "we didn't need anyone else", "why do we need another striker when we were top scorers in the league", etc etc.

We scored loads of goals from midfield, Hooper was on fire, it didn't take a genius though, to see that a bit of loss of form, suspensions, injuries and it could cost us.

It's not the only area we are a bit short but it is the key area where in tough games that bit of quality in front of goal can make the difference and we don't have it.

I think a lot of people on here were a bit naive, one poster even said we didn't need any more additions, "we were the finished article"!

I've no doubt i'll get shot to bits but i said it then & i still maintain we should have gone all out for Jordan Rhodes or Conor Wickham  when he wasn't a fixture in the team as he is now.

The money may have looked a bit scary and while there are no guarantees, if we did get promotion it would have been a pittance in comparison to the potential rewards.

Competent officiating

AND FORESTIERI

This. The negativity and over reaction from our fans is embarrassing.

We are 6th and had two goals plus a blatant penalty decision declined. Blip in form Es but we are still doing enough.

If we could strengthen anywhere I would say a Hutchinson / big strong centre mid type with ball skillz

Leaders and some pace.

Too much play in front of Rotherham and too many sliced, hopeful balls into the box.

That's the sort of game where you need a pacey winger to get at the full backs.

We need an alternative to Hutchinson first and foremost.

Then if we are resorting to crosses into a crowded box we need a centre forward who relishes that.

The rest is all down to a lack of form and missing FF.

We need an alternative to Hutchinson first and foremost.

Then if we are resorting to crosses into a crowded box we need a centre forward who relishes that.

The rest is all down to a lack of form and missing FF.

agree with this our somewhat ponderous build up tends to mean nuhiu is surrounded he isn't the best at adjusting to meet a ball  I would love to see someone with the abilities of the likes of poyet and gary speed had to be mobile adjust and somehow always get their head on crosses

agree with this our somewhat ponderous build up tends to mean nuhiu is surrounded he isn't the best at adjusting to meet a ball I would love to see someone with the abilities of the likes of poyet and gary speed had to be mobile adjust and somehow always get their head on crosses

Yeah a Duncan Ferguson type. As unfashionable as he seemed, Steve Howard was a proper centre forward who would elbow nudge and bump his way into a position to get a head on a ball. A real pain. I think Chris Martin is similar for Derby.

Wouldn't suit all games but for games like yesterday and qpr

To everyone saying we need another central midfielder, who would they start instead of?

Hutchinson who tends to miss a few games.

Could have done with Helan to give us a bit of pace and get round the back.Hardly got to the by-line all day .McGeady and Wallace didn't seem to want to take on the backs for some reason and considering we'd had a full week since the Hull game , I cant understand why they all looked knackered from kick-off.

Warnock does us again - why wont this guy go back to his farm and stay there .

The fact that we are still 6th says we're obviously a very good team. Sometimes I just feel we havnt got a plan B though which is frustrating me. Games like yesterday, we needed someone to take control of the game and add some grit in to the team. It was obvious after about 20 mins that the balance was all wrong and we could have been 3-0 down before half time.

In my opinion we need a top centre midfielder like a Joey Barton style player and another Forward who is on the same level as Hooper and Forrestieri.

Yeah a Duncan Ferguson type. As unfashionable as he seemed, Steve Howard was a proper centre forward who would elbow nudge and bump his way into a position to get a head on a ball. A real pain. I think Chris Martin is similar for Derby.

Wouldn't suit all games but for games like yesterday and qpr

Hutchinson who tends to miss a few games.

yep nuhiu despite his size isn't really able to shrug of markers without giving perceived fouls away  yet he can be assaulted from 2 directions and gets nothing

The fact that we are still 6th says we're obviously a very good team. Sometimes I just feel we havnt got a plan B though which is frustrating me. Games like yesterday, we needed someone to take control of the game and add some grit in to the team. It was obvious after about 20 mins that the balance was all wrong and we could have been 3-0 down before half time.

In my opinion we need a top centre midfielder like a Joey Barton style player and another Forward who is on the same level as Hooper and Forrestieri.

Only noticed your post as I was posting about Barton...spot on