What are we missing?

we are missing a centre midfielder who can put his foot in, disrupt the opposition and this allows Bannan to go back to the left where he has been far more effective

You must have been watching different games this season as Bannan is far more effective in the middle!

You must have been watching different games this season as Bannan is far more effective in the middle!

I am blown away by anyone who thinks Bànnan is not a central midfielder.

Fortunatély, Carlos agrees.

Is the problem really in our attack? Is the old nutmeg "the strikers are not getting enough service" going to re-appear?

Most of the game there was 7 (up to 9) yellow shirts in their box when Wednesday went up.

A lot on here seem to forget that everyone has been bellyaching about the Wednesday defense being crap for the last 6 months. The problem yesterday wasn't that we didn't score enough, or any, goals, it was because they were allowed to score one from one of the oldest and easiest ways to score a goal.

The Wednesday goal was offside, see the linesman's flag, if the ball had gone over the line he should stand with flag at right angle to his shoulder indicating a goal kick.

Player and team consistency is what is missing.

we make too many 'simple' passes...

it's some 'TELLING' ones we want...

Yep been saying this for a bit, even with FF in the side we have been over doing the 'we can play a bit y'know' passing in backward sideways triangles that aren't actually stretching or opening teams up it's just tbh aimless possession,  then every now and then the  class unpredictable cutting edge that FF adds gets us in

without him we look toothless

nuhiu's presence as a roving bouncing off wall is wasted without FF feeding off his deflections on top of that he seems to have lost confidence to try and do something himself, of course, he gets no help from refs either.  I'm not in the obsessed Ian camp but I do think we ought to use him less  or to change games in smaller bursts, I've seen him have ineffectual shockers and spells where he's changed games instantly.

Mcgeady may still come good but his style isn't pace but trickery and we need a more direct pacey threat Ward their spurs loanee is a type we need fast tricky and direct

There seems to be something missing now from the team

It's a bit lopsided and unsettled and today for example there didn't seem to be much of a plan 

What do you think we're lacking?

What we're missing is a Don Megson/Mick Pickering /Mike Lyons/Nigel Pearson type player who won't lie down, won't allow others to lie down, and who is prepared to die for the shirt. We need somebody who leads by example, somebody who rallies his troops. Who was the leader on the field yesterday? We have "nice" players, but we need winners not nice players. Which player do you think went into the dressing room at half time and full time, and gave them the rollocking they deserved? I'll tell you, nobody.

Slight aside but I'd still like to see if Lees and Hutch can do it together at the back. If they can then I think the confidence we'd have in those 2 would feed up the field and make a big difference. We also seem to have had another poor first half, not many times have we done it for 90 minutes.

I think people are getting carried away about yesterday. Relegation threatened side nick a goal, and then hang on for the next 80 minutes. If Wednesday had got one, they would have got 5. It was just 'one of them days', so let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

We are still a work in progress, and although promotion this season would be ideal, obviously, I think the grand plan was to go for it big time in the summer, and do it next season.

The biggest issue next season won't be Newcastle and Villa, but more hangover from this season if we don't go up. Expectation is a big issue at this football club.

There is nothing wrong, losing to Rotherham is like losing to Charlton orMK Dons, it's what happens to us occasionally. We are what we are, a little way off the top sides in the division. Carlos knows this, most of us know this, until we start to dream, or get a little carried away. Like any side, we can improve all over the park, but there are no glaring weaknesses. Maybe, the balance of the side isn't quite right, but it's the way Carlos has decided to use our resources, and for the most part, it's worked. Personally, at some point, I think we need to address the physical side of our game. That, more than a lack of quality, holds us back, in my opinion

What we're missing is a Don Megson/Mick Pickering /Mike Lyons/Nigel Pearson type player who won't lie down, won't allow others to lie down, and who is prepared to die for the shirt. We need somebody who leads by example, somebody who rallies his troops. Who was the leader on the field yesterday? We have "nice" players, but we need winners not nice players. Which player do you think went into the dressing room at half time and full time, and gave them the rollocking they deserved? I'll tell you, nobody.

in a nutshell we missed hutch

watched the liverpool v city game aft match interviews saying the first min tackle on stirling was needed to be made send put him on edge and sent a signal out inspired the team to get up for it - ok for us hutch's karate flyins are too much and done in  dangerously free kick range but without him we really are light weight in stature and character 

We don't win ugly, we don't tend to score scruffy goals we are built to play football when it isn't working we don't have the personel to go route one or score from corners

If we don't go up we will undoubtedly strengthen the question is do we upgrade on players to fit our style or bring in players to offer an alternative

If we don't make the playoffs and Carlos goes,

The main reasons are persisting with the awful nuhiu, rather than developing Joao

And not playing mcgugan.

We know you want him sacked.

I am glad it is not just me that feels something has gone missing of late.

Obviously Forestieri has been a big miss but we can't rely on one player. Hutchinson too.

We seemed lacking in confidence today from the off but we were toothless up front and have been for a few games. While other sides we play always give us danger from set plays we seem to give little danger from corners and free kicks.

Nuhiu tries hard but continues to frustrate more than provide excitement and we play different when he plays. We spent too much of the first half hoofing it forward to target Nuhiu culminating in it coming straight back at us and then Westwoods gaff straight in to the Canti. We are better than that as the second half showed when we got it down and played it around Rotherham.

We have scored some great goals from distance this year yet we seem reluctant to have a shot and today and against QPR we were trying to walk it in.

Just very frustrating that all the hard work seems to have been damaged with the last four results. That said it would not surprise me for us to go to Brighton and get something.

Edited by Vic Flange

Every word is true.

Flair players are alright in their way but when you have too many,like us, then the team is unbalanced, we need players who will do the donkey work, the fetching and carrying, some one who can dominate the midfield, yesterday was made for the Semedo of old.

What does that even mean? Did you hear it on TV mate?

It's means for the hard of thinking that when a ball is played into an area and is cleared, knocked on etc that we make an attempt to win the ball again. Too many times we see a ball knocked into the box the centre half wins the header and we don't pick up the second ball.