What are we missing?

All roads lead to Preston. I think that we were sussed there, and in fairness Preston played well at Hillsborough in the autumn although they got nothing. If a team lacks physical presence then it needs to be very good technically, and without FF we're not. McGeady will play if he's fit, because that's doubtless the basis on which we signed him. In fairness to the club, they have been looking for a midfielder. That lad at Watford would be perfect, but apparently he won't come so far north. I think we do need to dip into the loan market. Trying to look forward to next season may be a mistake when you look at who might be coming down into this league in May.

All roads lead to Preston. I think that we were sussed there, and in fairness Preston played well at Hillsborough in the autumn although they got nothing. If a team lacks physical presence then it needs to be very good technically, and without FF we're not. McGeady will play if he's fit, because that's doubtless the basis on which we signed him. In fairness to the club, they have been looking for a midfielder. That lad at Watford would be perfect, but apparently he won't come so far north. I think we do need to dip into the loan market. Trying to look forward to next season may be a mistake when you look at who might be coming down into this league in May.

We need to pay more attention to the physical side of our game Not saying we should sacrifice skill for physicality, but why does it have to be either or?

A better version of Nuhiu,and an Antonio type of player. Oh and Forestieri able to play-If FF had played today I don't think we would have lost.

I think the all roads lead to Preston comment has some truth in it-I was at PNE and they did a job on us,the kept Barry Bannon out of the game largely and smothered much of our attacking threat-I wonder how many coaches from opposites we are still to play have watched that game and picked stuff out of it.  

We are missing fight , determination and grit. For all their good performances this season lee and bannan were like two little kids and neither can shoot. Hooper half @rsed trotting about , same for Mcgeady. Wallace with the same crappy ball that was found out inside the first minute. Nobody seemed to want to take the game by the scruff of the neck

Teams now know how to play us, we are a passing side, most of the good things we have done this season is from short passing at a quick tempo.

If teams stand off us we hurt them, if we get pressed we struggle.

It really is simple, teams are now playing higher up the pitch against us and pressing us high.

Basics of defending, deny, restrict and predict our space, don't allow us to play, teams are making the playing surface smaller by being compact.

How do we counter teams playing this way against us?

Basically plan B, we need a bit of pace to run in behind, Joao offered this today and he should have got more joy.

If we have players who can run in behind we make the pitch longer therefore, creating space that way, basics of attacking, create, maintain and exploit.

Nuhiu and Hooper aren't the quickest, defenders will be happy to play high.

Joao is the answer in the squad, although he's not been great recently. 

No I mean as in attitude.  

Need to put certain games to bed when we have the chance.  

Don't think we have that killer instinct in the final third at the moment.  

We aren't creating a great deal, we are expecting our strikers to take every chance to get anything from the game.