Have you ever been in an away end?

All the time, and at Hillsborough! My wife is disabled, and because there aren't enough disabled areas in home fan areas, we have to watch from the Leppings Lane disabled area. Not nice when the away team brings loads of fans that fill the lower tier, especially when it's Leeds fans!

I'm sure I was sat down at that match (It was a few years after the 89 thing at Hillsborough) Either way one of us is getting old lol

We were sat down, we were in there before they ripped it down to put up the new stand maybe they had seats put in sometime after the Hillsborough thing...

TBF, I thought we were at the infamous 10 minute injury time game...

Memories eh ?

lol

Doncaster Rovers Home end, always sells out fast In away end apart from 2009/10 game where we didn't sell all of them. 

Once at Belle Vue which was abit Intimidating. 

Then at Keepmoat Stadium 2 or 3 times nobody seems to care. 

Also once at Elland Road vs Leeds United In 2013, Didn't tell anyone that day. 

Edited by aeroswfc

Charlton once, in L1.

Fulham, a fair few times (including the 1-1 when they clnched the championship)

Derby a few years ago. Couple of old lads from Sheffield sitting next to me who wouldn't admit they were owls but clearly were.

Man City away 1984  almost impossible to sit down when Imre Varadi scored.    Chelsea away in the LC semi final...........managed to survive the two goals from the Shed end standing terrace but had trouble avoiding yelling for a late (blatant as usual ) penalty.    Probably the worst was going back to Euston on the Crystal Palace football special after Joicey's hat trick at Villa Park, I guess I must have been the only happy person on the train.   Last time was at the piggery when Adam Bolder scored twice  had a great laugh with all the surrounding Blades that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Millwall.....a couple of times in the 70's.

First occasion I stood with a workmate next right next to Treatment.....their headhunters who used to stand on the terrace by the half way line. A whole load dressed up in surgical gear even down to masks.....that was the League Cup tie when we lost 3-0 in 1976. Weird.....but a quiet night.

Then stood behind the goal for the 3-3 early in the 1979/80 promotion season. Cracking game that was.....fantastic volley from Brian Hornsby.....and had to keep my gob shut, just a bit of polite hand clapping when we scored. Wednesday fans were in the covered seats that night and a bit of argy bargy afterwards, as I recall.

Also ColU a couple of times.....for the 1-3 at Layer Road in the Turner season when I stood with my son in their "family section".....recall Tommy Craig being chucked out of it and giving it some verbals. Then the 1-1 under Irvine when Mellor scored.

Probably a few others as well but can't immediately recall them.

Leicester in 2008. When Leon Clarke got the third I ran out cheering. By then the exits were open so that ran into Wednesday section for last few minutes.

Grimsby, Easter 2002. Marlon broomes sent off. Remember jumping up when we had a rare chance. Was told to sit down, only for half of the stand to return the comment to the cod bothered.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

is it still possible to buy tickets in the home sections at our away games ?

I tried at Hudds a couple of years back and wasn't allowed as I wasn't on their database ?

It's a piece of wee wee, I'm on Blackpool, Wycombe, Leicester ,Notts County and other databases, you get e -mails regularly and a couple of years ago when Wycombe had to win the last match of the season to stop/go up I even received a personal phone call asking if I was going to the match.

Hate it, been a few times...

At Everton, when Carbone scored twice and we won 2-1 (yellow and black kit) - though at least we won

At Leeds - Andy Booth scored early on then they went on to win it (had to do a pretend clap, and even look like I was joining in with their stupid songs/stand ups

Personally, I think there really is very little joy in doing it - and it's awful if we lose too.

That was how it was, you did it as a matter of course. Once on, you either stayed put, were moved on by the old bill, or you ended up getting a kicking

What the young uns don't realise it was a mission to try and take the home end. Normally our fans would keep quiet until we infiltrated the home end then let rip with a wednesday chant. Normally there would be a bit of sparring and one side or the other would bottle it and get chased or the police would break the scrapping up and try to form a cordon. If we did'nt get shifted and had managed to stand in the middle of their end it would be considered we had taken their kop. In the 70's it was probably the only success we had on a match day and compensated for the team being hammered on the pitch.

Loads of times. Notably Leeds away when Waddle scored, and they threw coffee at us. I wouldn't normally have minded but we were sat in the directors box.

Brentford away promotion season, when a load got kicked out of the main stand. They'd got tickets from one of the Wednesday players. We managed to avoid eviction, but got a few boots for good measure.

I was sat at the back of the "Kop" at the stain when they got relegated from the premier league. I honestly couldn't help but smile at all the crying piggies! The 3rd best footballing memory I have.

Edited by Guest

Numerous times in the 70's and 80's usually with loads of other Owls just for the safety in numbers. Once sat in the Witton Rd stand at Villa Park for a League Cup match with just one other mate. We got some funny looks and comments but no problems.