Have you ever been in an away end?

Anfield twice. Bloody hated it. Wayne Collins scored. Away fans weren't able to attend that year but a few of us got tickets.

I know because as the ground was silent as our Wayne smash his goal in one bloke in the stand to my right stood up and went Yes!

That bloke is still my hero to this day, and if your reading this. Well played it cheered my and my bro (oddly who's a Spurs fan) on the kop right up. We proudly also sat down during the you'll never walk alone testicals at the start as well.

lol

Edited by Maddogbob

The Stain......Curren goal.....actually with Blades who got me the ticket (there are some normal Blades fans).....they were very quiet

Forest loads of times

Notts County .......all their supporters are over 70yrs old so quite safe ...they can't hear very well 

Manure when they scored the goals in Fergy time.....cheating ref again.

QPR

Bristol City

Fulham

Derby in the "Pop side" at Baseball Ground that cup game. Me and my Dad got told to cheer our team more......Daharby, Daharby never sounded less enthusiastic. 

But worst was West Ham on my own in the 1980s.....I was with our fans but we were on their end with just a line of high viz tape between us and their far right fans.......never enjoyed their Seig Hiel chant nor the dodgy walk back to the tube.

Chelsea used to be a bit odd as our fans had to walk right round behind their stand .....so they can meet you on the tube afte rthey have gone one stop in in the wrong direction then back to avoid the police.

Yes a few times.

Old trafford, years ago when they still sold match day tickets in the corner , near the tunnel, couldn't get an away ticket. Think we drew. needed to be out side the turnstiles at 12-00 to get in though.

Luton for three times when away fans were banned, ( twice we got a luton ticket holder to buy us a ticket, and once we bribed a chief in the kitchens!( worth the tenner, when Hirsty scored about 10 minutes form time and won 1-0) 

Wigan away last year.

Shef Utd when donkey Deane was playing for them.

Leeds once on the side near the touchline, horrible, again won 3-2.

Loads of times, notably, Heeley bottom, Leeds, Derby, Liverpool, Everton.

Simple stuff really if you go into someone's home have some manners, be nice and you will be fine or unlucky.

As for at Hillsborough I went with my dingle boss to a cup game Jan 84 or 85 and sat with them in the upper West Stand, we won he was not happy lol

is it still possible to buy tickets in the home sections at our away games ?

I tried at Hudds a couple of years back and wasn't allowed as I wasn't on their database ?

You join. Takes 2 minutes.

I bought v Preston in their end. Just kept quiet, which sadly was fairly easy cos very little to shout about.

Horrible when they scored though.

Swindon away 1st game of season. We sold out the away end so couldn't get tickets.

Me and my lad decided to go in the home end & had to sit on our hands & keep our traps shut as we went 3-0 up in the first 20mins.

It was murder I tell ya!

Then they got 2 back & we had to pretend to be pleased............never again.

DITTO!   And never again!

Elland Road 1993. Back of their John Charles stand on mi own. Kept it together during the 1st half, 2-1 up, smug grin inside my coat. Hung my head when we went behind. Jumped up when Brighty equalised, most of the stand turned round so set off running down flights of stairs like Bodie & Doyle in The Professionals.

sometimes still wake up in a sweat after reliving the chase. glad to still be alive.

Man Utd - April 1986. Won 2-0.

My Dad took us down me only being 7 at the time decided to go in with the Mancs - we had all the standing behind the goal which was below us. It was on live TV so we went in early & managed to get a look through one of the cameras before the game. The locals were fine.

Blackburn in 1990 we got beat 1-0 in their family stand, few other wednesday fans scattered around. 

QPR in December 91 - Hirsty got us a draw late on - in the family seats with a few other owls around.

Liverpool in 94 - this was a bus trip from my hometown in the lakes ( so 49 Liverpool fans & me aged 16 ) thankfully the woman who organised this allowed me to go knowing fine well what the situation was - anyway Nolan scored to put us 1 up in the first half - couldnt hold back here & got up! Needless to day McManaman smashed us in the 2nd half & we got beat 4-1. From memory we only had a really small allocation due to their redevelopment which was in the Anfield Road end probs 4-500.

Brentford in 2005 - Play off 2nd leg - no chance of getting in our end but thankfully a Brentford mate who was a season ticket holder give me a handful of stubs with the instructions of just go to the ticket office & grab a couple pay cash & it'll be easy which it was. The best thing was the lad who served me in their ticket office was then in the Railway in Hillsborough prior to the 1st leg as I was living in London at the time so went to Griffin park on my way to Hillsborough to get the 2nd leg tickets. Took a Southampton season ticket holder mate with me whos been to a few Wednesday games - had a few beers prior in one of the pubs at the away end of the ground which was bouncing full of Wednesday. Got a perfect view of Peacock's header to put us 1 up & 2 on aggregate...sat down & did nothing ( despite inside was going mental ). When Brunt hit the free kick in the 2nd half just seen loads of Wednesday fans scattered around, i had to get up & go for a wee wee then celebrated :) Back to the pub afterwards & it was still bouncing!

Swindon away 1st game of season. We sold out the away end so couldn't get tickets.

Me and my lad decided to go in the home end & had to sit on our hands & keep our traps shut as we went 3-0 up in the first 20mins.

It was murder I tell ya!

Then they got 2 back & we had to pretend to be pleased............never again.

Was in exactly the same situation for this game.

4 of us in the home end as we had sold out. Unfortunately we failed to contain our emotions quite as well as yourself. Celebrated the first and got pointed at a lot. Celebrated the second and got a whack from behind and politely asked to leave by a nice steward. Whilst negotiating our return to our seats and promising to behave we overhead the 3rd go in........ celebrated on the concourse and were kindly asked to leave.

We did manage to find our way onto the away end for the second half thanks to some poor fence work around the back of the away end and a handy open window into the toilets. Forever grateful to the fellow owls who pulled our somewhat sizeable frames through.

A great day.

Being in the Millwall home end is the most nerve jangling one I had. We lost 3-0 that day which probably wasn't the worst thing in hindsight.

Brentford home end in the infamous turning point of the mind the gap season was great and also frustrating for not being able to join in the amazing celebrations in the away end. I was sat behind the owls dugout and some big toohat was giving Dave Jones ridiculous abuse. Jones turned round and just stared at the bloke after a while. Really wanted to chin that fan but it was worth being there for watching the pigs v Stevenage 2-2 in a pub full of owls fans just after the match. Unbelievable celebrations when we realised promotion was on the cards.

bramall lane sat on their kop

they went 2 up carl bradshaw scored left at half time went to pub

stoke this season-not much to cheer but surrounded by inbreds

some funny shouts- wiggins you piece of sh it was one before kick off

Charlton away cup think we lost 2-1 sunley scored I think, some millwall turned up

oxford-kept quiet

forest several times-can't remember too much- was a kid-family knew some forest fans

Leicester we won 4-2 I think

Edited by waynecoyne14