Have you ever been in an away end?

I think the Chelsea game was when their fans came armed to the teeth. The home end was probably safer than the away end as there were golf balls, snooker balls and darts being thrown at our fans.

Correct - can i have my golf ball back?

Three times and we won every time

Newcastle away mid 80s Shutt scored last min in a 3-2 win

Leicester away in the promotion season under big Ron won 4-2

Husdersfield away promotion season under Jones/Meggo won 2-0

In fact I'll just go on the away end from now on

Loads..

The Sunday game at Stain when we were cast iron to win, lost 2-0 with Whitehouse scoring after Palmer hit bar for us.

There were hundreds of us in South stand next to their kop.

Millmoor, night match drew 1-1 with Ashley Westwood equalising for us in last minute, i jumped up but had to make out i was having a go at the linesman lol

Guest oasisowl81

I've been in with the AWAY fans at a HOME game of ours, was fun, was with the West Ham Fans in the 90's sometime,we drew 2.2, Cottee and MacAvennie played for the hammers that day. Also been in the Leeds home end and got thrown out "for my own safety" as i couldn't keep my big mouth shut. I was lucky to get away with just being spat on apparently.Also the other season at the little dinky toytown stadium with the chucklefans, was in the home corporate boxes though with a friend.

I'm calling bullshit RE the home game with West Ham as there wasn't a 2-2 in the 90s

Not posted on here for a while, cos if we are honest there hasn't been much to moan about since Mr C arrived in town. Any way this one was a good question......

So, Pigs away in the early Nineties. I'm in the South Stand when Hirtsy scored the equalizer  (1-1, Badge Kissing, number pulling Goal), all the porcine types around me seemed fairly safe, and being 6' 3"  i'm fairly happy going completely radio rental. To be fair the pork take my celebrations in fairly good humor, I then realize that half of the stand are celebrating too probably explains how they filled the place!!!!!

Now the tasty bit.... following season, a mate of mine who has 2 tickets in the John Street (seated bit at the top where the boxes are now) phones and  says he and his wife can't make the Derby, no one else wants the tickets "Do I?". With out thinking I accept and me and a mate (Wednesday) find our self in the middle of the Bacon, just on half way. Wednesday scored first (another 1-1 i think) up we both go and then both of us get a feeling of flying, forward about 5 rows. Some smart so and so pig has literally thrown my 16 stone bulk down the stand. I land on the back of some Grannies head, smash her in to the oinker in front, smashing her glasses into her face - claret everywhere, screaming septuagenarian announcing me as Wednesday  and I am clearly about to die at the hands of an entire sty full of hammage.....proper baying for blood!!!!!!!    Then it starts, the Ham that had shoved me goes down first, someone to my right takes one and then someone to the left goes flying. Me and my mate are stood like a couple of muppets watching as some terminator is literally wading in on our behalf. The porky types are realizing there is only going to be one winner here and it's the Terminator sized MASSIVE fan that is smacking anything Red and White  he can get his hands on. Then it all stopped and in a really strange calm, everyone returns to their seats and carries on as though nothing has happened. Terminator leans forward inquires to my health, then shouts at the top of his voice "I'm Wednesday and no one shoves my boys".....Fella, no idea who you are but thank you, I believe you saved me a right kicking that day. 

Man U. When Beckham played for them. I'd just split up with the Missus. Got offered a bloke at work's two season tickets in the Stretford End. Went alone. Sat having a pint before hand absolutely bricking it. Every time Becks took a corner all around me were worshipping him. I had to. We lost 4-0. I walked out smiling. Crying on the inside.

Leicester - 3 times

Man Utd - bought a season ticket off somebody outside , touts were selling tickets for £50 , I asked how much , she said " Oh , just give me £20 , It's only Sheffield Wednesday  :mad:

Southampton 

Liverpool

Everton - totally ratarsed on their kop , fell asleep 1st half with Everton winning 1 - 0 , slept straight through HT and woke up just in time to see Alan Quinn score, I started playing flip cos I thought it was an own goal only to be tapped on the shoulder by a scouser who explained they'd swapped ends :unsure:

Chelsea

Crystal palace

Burnley - twice , FA cup 6th round lasted about 2 minutes before being chased onto pitch

Hull - old ground and new , sat about 4 seats from Wednesday fans when James Quinn  scored in last minute

Ipswich  -  twice

QPR - pissed up , sat with about 10 Danish blokes , got them supporting us!

Forest

Blackburn - few times

Rotherham - loads 

Gillingham

Coventry

Sheff utd - loads 

Swindon 

Doncaster

Chesterfield

Blackpool

Shrewsbury

Oldham - riot 

Plymouth

Wycombe 

Cambridge  3 times 

Luton  - 2 or 3

Notts C .-   twice 

Wrexham 

Guest oasisowl81

call what you want...

I'm right though, it was 1985, you were probably still being Billy bigot up north then.

I have done it twice.

Norwich away on the first Honolulu day. Lost 1-0 if I remember correctly. Picked up the tickets from a ticket booth, made up some story about how we hadn't been in years because the tickets didn't have a gate number on them and could the lady in the booth tell us which gate to go in at and she said, "yeah, you need to go in gate 26, your seats are in the Dog Pound!" My brother and I were thinking, "dog pound that cannot be good...."

Turns out their fans didn't have a clue about us but the Police had us pegged as Wednesday within three minutes. They just warned us to keep our mouths shut. Just watched our fans all game...you were all awesome, bringing much praise from the country bumpkins around us.

Second time was Man City away in Spring 93. Won 2-1. Viv 'scored' with his back side. Citeh fans were furious and my mate and me put on a good show of faux outrage. Then with about five minutes to go Warhurst put us 2-0 up. Forgot where we were and jumped up celebrating. Had to run...fast! Fortunately, due to the away end being rebuilt the Wednesday fans were sitting at the far end of the stand we were in, so just ran along the bottom of the stand to get to our fans. Police and stewards were steaming but let us through.

As Richie Benaud would have said, "tremendous scenes,"

Bramall Lane in the 2-2 game in 2008 (I think). Adam

Bolder scored twice for us (I celebrated the first goal going mental in the toilet after having initially jumped up to celebrate in the stand, but had to turn it into a fake angry mad rant)!

F*cking gutted when Beattie's last minute free-kick flew in to make it 2-2 and all the Blades around me going mental - and jumping all over me with joy. Pained me to applaud - and I'm sure it was obvious I was a Wednesdayite applauding through gritted teeth and incredible pain.

Shoreham in standing bit in corner when we lost 2-0 in early 90s, had Wednesday shirt on too.

Stretford End when we drew 1-1 and Hirsty scored in first few minutes, loads of Wednesday on and singing.

Forest away a couple of times.

Been on Tivoli at Rotherham a couple of times.

Went in home ends at Derby, Grimsby and Bristol R when we had ban on in early 80s.

Man utd loads of times, Chamberlain header game/Hirst free kick/when we lost 4-0.

Man city lost 2-1 in green & white hoops.

Everton kanchelskis game lost 2-0

Villa

Derby went mad when Warhurst equalised

Forest won 2-0

Grimsby

Pigs 1-1 both times

Barnsley Palmer header

Must be more but can't remember at minute. Always ends up fine.

Edited by coopswfc76