Have you ever been in an away end?

I've had to be in the home end a few times away to Palace. For most of them I was young enough that if I jumped up to celebrate, nobody around me took much notice. My uncle got us into the players' lounge there the day we drew to ensure our place in the UEFA Cup, so I got to meet the team.

My dad took me to Highbury a couple of times too, once sitting in the North Bank and once with the home fans in the Clock End. Both matches were awful, boring games where we cancelled each other out: a 0-0 and a 1-0 loss when Ian Wright scored in injury time.

Stockport

Leeds

Plus some others, all as a child as a family package where we were allocated in the home teams family stand.

Barnsley 0-0 draw

Man City 7-0 defeat.

Barnsley I was sat at front of their kop end and we scored, I jumped up but it was given offside so luckily everyone else jumped up too.

Edited by wathowl

Happened on many an occasion having mates who support other teams. Probably one of the most memorable was going to Elland Rd with about 10 Leeds mates and watching us beat them 2 1, during Ron Atkinsons second spell. Thought we played great that day.

I sat quietly with the Leeds fans feeling proud .

In the glory days of the EBRA it was our business to go on the away kop !

I think you mean the home end. It was a regular thing in the naughty 70"s. The ones that stick out are Derby numerous times, Charlton in the FA Cup when Millwall turned up. Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Preston, Blackpool, Oldham,  Millwall (bad idea), Sunderland (did'nt last long as only about 100 of our fans got through the turnstiles before the rest got stopped by plod), Burnley. Also a few of us went on the Shed at Chelsea so we could stop being kept in after the game.another bad idea as we nearly came a cropper. Swansea when we were banned and did get sussed and had to make a quick exit round the pitch. Loads more clubs who are now in league one & two. Pompey was one which again was a stupid idea as we were grossly outnumbered. Could write a book as some stupid and crazy moments. Example, our fans setting fire to the rubbish under the home ends at Preston and Chester while we were stood on it, fire brigade actually turned up. 

Leeds away 1-1 on their kop...we'd borrowed my mates bosses season tickets..at the time they werent keen on Wilkinson and the board and were having a right pop at their players and even cheering Sheriden too which was weird...Hirsty scored a beauty and put us one up and all the animals around us started waving their tickets in the air shouting 'you can have these f##kers back' so we joined in slagging off the team the board and Sgt Wilko...was great...until they equalised in bloody injury time..we were shuffling out anyway so sort of clapped and chuntered our way past them all...bugger!

Edited by Prendo's boots

The old Stretford end when it was standing. Crammed in to see a 1-1 draw with Man Utd. Hirst scored a free kick to put a us 1-0 up before Brian McClair equalised.

I'm sure I was sat down at that match (It was a few years after the 89 thing at Hillsborough) Either way one of us is getting old  lol

I think you mean the home end. It was a regular thing in the naughty 70"s. The ones that stick out are Derby numerous times, Charlton in the FA Cup when Millwall turned up. Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Preston, Blackpool, Oldham,  Millwall (bad idea), Sunderland (did'nt last long as only about 100 of our fans got through the turnstiles before the rest got stopped by plod), Burnley. Also a few of us went on the Shed at Chelsea so we could stop being kept in after the game.another bad idea as we nearly came a cropper. Swansea when we were banned and did get sussed and had to make a quick exit round the pitch. Loads more clubs who are now in league one & two. Pompey was one which again was a stupid idea as we were grossly outnumbered. Could write a book as some stupid and crazy moments. Example, our fans setting fire to the rubbish under the home ends at Preston and Chester while we were stood on it, fire brigade actually turned up.

Was at every single one of those, normally on the Dragon from The Gate

Chelsea when they knocked us out of League Cup after 4-4 at Hillsborough - full of racist skinheads - abused their own players

Millwall - twice - sucker for punishment!

Not all bad - Brentford this year - shared croissants!

Chelsea when they knocked us out of League Cup after 4-4 at Hillsborough - full of racist skinheads - abused their own players

Millwall - twice - sucker for punishment!

Not all bad - Brentford this year - shared croissants!

I think the Chelsea game was when their fans came armed to the teeth. The home end was probably safer than the away end as there were golf balls, snooker balls and darts being thrown at our fans.

I'm sure I was sat down at that match (It was a few years after the 89 thing at Hillsborough) Either way one of us is getting old lol

Definitely stood up. Remember me and my mate getting our photo in one of the Monday papers Football supplements taken from the other end of the ground right behind Hirsty's shot as the ball flew into the net. Still got it somewhere! 😀

Must say have met many likeminded fans when going on away ends...once its realised you arent an arsehole and not acting like a tw@t you can have a good laugh...West Ham was a good crack...as was Swansea...even Chesterfield a couple of times...mind you for every one of those theres a Man City or Birmingham that wasn't so much....haha!