Have you ever been in an away end?

The Kop at Anfield. Sat about three rows from the front.

Pretended to have dropped something when they scored.

Had to contain myself when we scored.

Felt strange not being able to celebrate a Wednesday goal.

No dramas though.

Just hated being surrounded by scousers. Didn't get my wallet or any other valuables stolen, so that was an unexpected bonus.

Swindon away 1st game of season. We sold out the away end so couldn't get tickets.

Me and my lad decided to go in the home end & had to sit on our hands & keep our traps shut as we went 3-0 up in the first 20mins.

It was murder I tell ya!

Then they got 2 back & we had to pretend to be pleased............never again.

Lots of times. When I was in the RAF I had loads of mates from around the country, who supported different teams. I'd always bring them to Hillsborough and they would take me to their grounds. Sometimes I could get in with our lot but not always.

The worst one was Newcastle away - yeah that one. Having to stand up and pretend to be enjoying the annihilation by Shearer, coupled with my mate's gloating face, was murder. Chelsea was the scariest - I daren't say a word for the full 90 minutes.

ive also sat with Liverpool fans in the main stand we lost 3-0 never got up when they scored got an accidental elbow in my eye on the third goal

so was crying on 2 counts !!!

My first ever home game without my dad I ended up in the lep with QPR fans they soon sussed me out I spent the first half crapping myself the police or stewards wouldn't allow me and my mate out to be with Wednesday fans we moved to the wedge seats but were followed by QPR fans so we left midway through the second half 3-1 up ended up walking back to the bus station and getting early bus home

Guest oasisowl81

Huddersfield lost 1-0 under Sturrock was horrible.

Blackburn 4-2 defeat in second leg of cup, had to wait for the lads to get tickets as didn't have the stubs, jumped up early doors so they knew we were Wednesday.

Southampton 1-1 got turned away for calling my mate a wee pipe, so paid to go in the end next to our lot, got chucked out for not containing my inner Yorkshireman.

Pigs 1-1 John St when Hirsty scored I was only 11 but got spat on by some Neanderthal who promptly got sparked out by a fellow pig.

Looking back, my old man could have been done for child endangerment. We went in the home end everywhere as kids (i assume he thought it was safer than the away end). From memory, Arsenal, Norwich, Cambridge Utd, West Ham, Spurs, Ipswich, Chelsea, Derby, Leicester were all family days out.

Not to argue semantics but isn't the title of this thread wrong as technically the question is have you been in a home section at one of our away games?

And to answer no, but I have been in the west stand with Rovrum fans to watch us, was the only way my dad would ever take me to watch Wednesday as a kid because he couldnt accept I made a smarter choice than he in going with the maternal side of the family lol

Edited by TK-Owl

The Sty (Curren match)

Also the 1-1 Draw when Hendon scored.

Norwich, the year after Honolulu party lost 2-1

Norwich won 1-0 when Agbonlaghor made his debut.

Baseball ground when we were banned.

Leeds lost 3-0

Leeds won 3-2

Huddersfield lost 1-0 (Pilkinton)

Wrexham lost 1-0

Scunthorpe fa cup 2-2

Millmoor day hms Sheffield sunk

Edited by marconi

Three times

Everton away, I didn't like it because kanchelskis scored twice. I was young so didn't miss the atmosphere

Newcastle away under Brian laws, i lost my cover around 75 mins onward when we had a couple of good chances. Michael gray and jeffer cakes. Thankfully I was with a couple of locals and the rest of the crowd was too glum to care. Had we equalised I could've been in trouble though.

Hartlepool away under AI. I hated it! We hammered them and I couldn't celebrate. I was getting dogs abuse from Wednesday fans too which made it worse